|“||Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil War, she had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead. Family name had to go somewhere.||”|
Mr. Salvatore was a member of the Salvatore Family.
He was born to Giuseppe Salvatore and unknown woman sometime between 1861 and 1865. However, Giuseppe never married the mother, likely due to the fact that she was a maid. Even still, it's known he had the Salvatore surname, as Damon Salvatore and Stefan Salvatore were presumed "dead," and Giuseppe wanted to continue the Salvatore bloodline. Stefan and Damon's half brother later had a child, Zachariah Salvatore, with an unknown woman, and died some years later.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
He was mentioned by his half brother Damon Salvatore, when he was telling Rebekah Mikaelson about how their family's bloodline survived, and why the Salvatores continued to own a sawmill, despite the fact that there were no "known" heirs, other than Damon and Stefan.
Rebekah: So, Zachariah Salvatore was your nephew?
Damon: Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil War, she had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead. Family name had to go somewhere.
- 1912 (Mentioned)
- He was born to one of the maids of the Salvatore House.
- It was unknown in the earlier seasons how the Salvatore line continued until Damon confirmed his existence in 1912 to Rebekah.
- He's younger than his half-brothers.
- It's unknown if he ever met Stefan and Damon before they were turned or after.
- It is unknown if he had other children other than Zachariah.
- He was at least fourteen years younger than Stefan.