In The Rager it is shown that somebody can take werewolf\hybrid venom via injection needle and place it in something (ex. a drink) and it will affect any vampire who drinks it. Unlike werewolves, the bite of a hybrid takes just a few hours to kill.
The only known cure for a Werewolf/Hybrid bite is Klaus' blood but it is also possible that Hope's blood is also a cure. The only alternative is mercy by killing the vampire. Wes maxfield alluded that it was possible to synthesize a cure for the venom through modern medicine.
It has not been shown how a werewolf bite would affect a human should they survive a werewolf attack (unlikely due to their ferocity and above-vampire prowess). So, the poison from the werewolf bite may or may not have any effect on a human. When vampire hunter Connor infected the beer from Rebekah's party with Hybrid saliva, many humans drank from it seemingly without consequences.
Vampires bitten by Werewolves/Hybrids
- Damon, Elena and Rebekah are the only main vampires who were infected without a bite of a werewolf. (Though Damon has been infected with a werewolf bite before)
- Damon killed Rose and Will before the effects of the werewolf bite.
- Nadia Petrova is the first and only vampire shown on screen to die of a werewolf/hybrid bite so far.
- It was speculated by Wes Maxfield that because werewolf venom is a toxin, it could presumably have an antidote created by scientific means rather than Klaus' blood. However this was never proven only mere speculation. Though the enhanced Ripper Compound infecting Elena that he made, which bore elements of Werewolf Venom were later cured thanks to the antidote delivered by Enzo.
- Mikael is probably immune to werewolf bite. In From a Cradle to a Grave he drank blood of vampires bitten by werewolves and werewolf's venom didn't injure him, however, it is very likely that the venom, just didn't take effect immediately. However, it was later revealed that Mikael is simply capable of fighting through the effects due to great focus, and while weakened, is not as weakened as Elijah or Rebekah were when they had been bitten.