A Werewolf Bite is an extremely poisonous and toxic fluid that is produced by the saliva glands within a werewolf's mouth. The venom is commonly injected into vampires as a means of infecting and eventually killing vampires.
Whenever a vampire is bitten by a werewolf, the poison will be passed from the werewolf's mouth into the vampire's bloodstream. Once the blood is contaminated by the toxic fluids, the vampire's heart will pump the venom throughout their cardiovascular system which will cause the venom to infect every cell it passes within the body. Over the span of approximately one week, the venom will have saturated all cells within the body, and will the cause vampire to die a slow and painful death. The bite will also cause a vampire to hallucinate and go rabid.
Werewolf bites can not kill an Original, as Elijah mentioned to Elena when they were talking about how to kill Klaus. However, it does seems to weaken them temporarily as Rebekah felt a bit dizzy after drinking concentrated dose of hybrid poison. It wore off fairly quickly, she just had to rest for an hour or so to heal completely.
It has not been shown how a werewolf bite would affect a human should they survive a werewolf attack. The poison from the werewolf bite may not have any side effect on a human. Connor infected the beer from Rebekah's party with it and many humans drank from it.
Vampires bit by a werewolf/hybrid
- Elena and Rebekah are the only main vampires who were infected without a bite of a werewolf.
- No vampire has died from being bitten yet.