|“||Hope, from the moment I saw you, I wanted nothing more than to be worthy of being your father. I'm afraid Hope, I'm afraid without you I'll return to the darkness. So I need you, I need you to fight.||”|
THE BOOK OF THE HOLLOW – When The Hollow targets the most vulnerable Mikaelson, Klaus is forced to rely on Vincent, who believes he can use The Hollow's own dark magic to defeat their enemy for good. Meanwhile, as Marcel worries that Vincent’s plan might backfire, the King of New Orleans decides on a deadly backup plan of his own. Elsewhere, after falling victim to The Hollow's manipulations, Hayley struggles to figure out Hope's future in New Orleans, while Freya must confront her darkest fear.
Special Guest Star
- Antagonist: The Hollow.
- Vincent has been using The Hollow's spellbook to make contact with the spirit of her mother to learn the spell that was originally used to kill her. This is so he can trap her in the book as it's a physical manifestation of her power in the world. He tries and fails to permanently imprison The hollow into the book and she destroys the book.
- The Hollow succeeds in permanently possessing Hope. Her followers bow before her in St Anne's Church, which they've taken over.
- This is the second episode of the season to have "Voodoo" in the title, the first being Voodoo in My Blood.
- This is the only episode of the season to feature Rebekah, but not Kol.
- Vincent and Sofya were last seen in Queen Death.
- Will is mentioned by Vincent. He was last seen in Keepers of the House.
- Inadu's mother is mentioned by Vincent. She was last seen in Voodoo in My Blood in a flashback.
Behind the Scenes
- Hayley: "I've been thinking all morning about what happened last night."
- Sofya: "I don't think she's gone."
- Follower: "Right now she is locking herself within the greatest witch this world may ever know"
- Hope: "Once this is complete I'll be in her body permanently"
- Hayley: "I want my daughter back."
- Elijah: "I am on your side"
- Hayley: "I should have never brought her back here."
- Hayley: "Hey sweetie. Drawing something?"
- Hope: "Yes."
- Hayley: "What's that supposed to be? A snowstorm? So, now that all this trouble's behind us, I thought we could have a chat about what happens next. I know you want to have a normal life with friends and school, art, sports and...hey, you okay?"
- Hope: "I'm fine."
- Hayley: "Hope, if you're worried about the Hollow, don't be. Everything's okay now, I promise."
- Hope: "Can we go back to my drawing?"
- Hayley: "Sure. Yeah."
- Klaus: "We should be celebrating your return, brother."
- Elijah: "Perhaps later."
- Klaus: "Hayley's still not talking to you then? Give her time, she'll come around."
- Elijah: "Will she?"
- Rebekah: "Can we please put a moratorium on all the sulking? It's a lovely day, the Hollow's dead and my brother's back. Much to the joy of custom suit tailors everywhere. Not to mention me. I have to admit I've missed the Quarter. I'm going to make you take me out to hear some jazz."
- Klaus: "Might I suggest you enjoy the charms of the city while you still can. Marcel would want us gone post haste as per our agreement."
- Rebekah: "Well perhaps he's changed his mind and grant us a reprieve."
- Elijah: "He will grant us no such thing. We're going to meet with him to discuss the terms of our departure."
- Rebekah: "I suspect he simply needs to be asked nicely. You boys should really leave these matters to me."
- Hayley: "We've all done terrible things, Jack, except for Hope. She's innocent. Pure. And I want to make sure she stays that way."