|Date of Birth||
|Cause of Death||
Vladimir is a vampire introduced in the pilot episode of The High Road: Something Witchy Comes This Way. He is seen desiccated in a coffin but is resurrected by the Travellers as Matt witnesses the scene.
Vladimir is part of the royal Drăculești Family.
In Long Way From Home, the Travellers gather around in the town square where they did the Magic Purification Spell. As they gather – lead by a Traveller named Tayler – they chant over an open coffin containing Vladimir’s desiccated body. As they chant he awakens and they welcome him “back to the land of the living.”
Vladimir’s skin is revealed to be pale when undesiccated and his eyes are described to be hooded blue. Some of these powers are more potent when the vampire gets older and feeds on human blood.
Powers and Abilities
If Vladimir truly is a vampire, he has the following powers and abilities:
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than humans and grow stronger with time. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss a fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their strength is also more powerful than werewolves that are not in wolf form.
- Super Speed - Vampires can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion.
- Emotional Control - Like all vampires, Vladimir has the ability to switch off his humanity.
- Dream Manipulation - Vampires can control dreams and subconscious. The vampires can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability are the distortion of reality and trapped in the dreams.
- Heightened Senses - They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far off buildings, smell blood, and see in total darkness.
- Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories.
- Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection. The only known disease or infection that can kill a vampire is a werewolf bite.
- Healing Factor - Vampires can snap their bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement. They can also heal from any flesh would given the cause of the trauma (i.e. wood would cause splinters) is removed.
- Lapis Lazuli – If a spelled lapis lazuli ring is worn by a vampire, it will protect him/her from sunlight.
- Sire Bond – If he turns a human that is in love with him, that vampire will be sired to him.
- Weather Manipulation – This ability was cut from the TV series, but is still present in THRSWCTW.
- Animal Compulsion – Is also still present in the THRSWCTW series.
- Decapitation: The act of dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in permanent death.
- Fire or Sunlight: The act of exposing a vampire to fire or sunlight will result in permanent death.
- Vervain: The act of exposing or ingesting a vampire with vervain causes a vampire to become severely feverish and weak. Also, If a vampire's skin is exposed to vervain, it can result in burning them. Also vampires can't compel anyone on vervain.
- Wood: The act of wounding a vampire with wood will cause the vampire to become severely weak and if a vampire takes a wooden stake through its heart it will result in permanent death.
- Heart Extraction: The act of extracting or removing the heart of a vampire will result in permanent death.
- Invitation: Vampires cannot enter a home without an invitation by the owner.
- Magic: Vampires are susceptible to the powers of witchcraft including the creation of harmful magical objects.
- Desiccation: Vampires who abstain from blood for extended amounts of time will eventually desiccate into mummification.
- Vampire Bloodline: If an Original vampire dies, all vampires descended from their bloodline will slowly perish.
- Werewolf Bite: The bite of a werewolf is extremely lethal to vampires. It will cause them to hallucinate, grow severely weak and go rabid until it kills them. Klaus' hybrid blood can cure the bite.
- Broken Neck: Breaking a vampires neck is a common way to subdue one, it will not kill them but it will keep them unconscious for several hours and when they are still unconscious they won't have a pulse and appear to be dead.
- Vladimir is part of the House of Drăculești which the notorious Dracula was born from.
- Vladimir was revealed to be a vampire as his skin was desiccated, but he may not be one, given the fact that he’s in the boarders of Mystic Falls, he may not be undead at all.
- He is most likely to be an antagonistic character in future.