Here's my detailed list of favorite vampires. Profiles from TVD characters will be left out since everyone here knows them.
|“||You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood; blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.||”|
- Name: William Pratt
- Sired by: Drusilla in 1880
- Significant love interests: Drusilla (from 1880 to 2000), and Buffy Summers.
- Spike is notorious for having killed 2 Slayers in less than a century: Xin Rong during the Boxer Rebellion in China (1900) and Nikki Wood in New York (1977).
- His tradermarks are a scar on his left brow, a souvenir that Xin gave him before she died, and a black leather coat he took from Nikki's corpse.
- Spike is seen as something of a paradox amongst vampires, and frequently challenges vampire conventions and limitations. He embraces certain elements of humanity, such as love and loyalty, that would be considered too human (and therefore offensive or impure) by other vampires. If anything, he can be considered proof that souls aren't necessary in order to develop a conscience. With or without a soul, Spike often displays a strong sense of honor and loyalty. Spike seeks out for his soul on his own, to prove himself worthy to Buffy.
- Name: Liam
- Sired by: Darla in 1753
- Noteworthy vampires he sired: Drusilla
- Significant lovers (as Angelus): Darla and Drusilla.
- Significant love interests (as Angel): Buffy Summers and Cordelia Chase.
- Angel's personality was, in many ways, a sharp contrast from his counterpart Spike. He was very resolved, taking many things seriously, often uptight and usually very responsible. Angel's most prominent trait was likely his tendency to be gloomy, depressingly serious, and greatly brooding in nature. This was because of all the horrible deeds he's done as Angelus.
- Angelus (Angel's souless persona) is ruthless, deviant, sadistic, brutal, manipulative. He's considered the most dangerous and evil vampire ever recorded, followed by Spike. While Liam is a human and Angelus is a vampire, Angel is something else: a demon with a human soul, a hybrid of man and vampire. Angel significantly contrasts with Spike, the other vampire with a soul, whose personality appears to remain fundamentally the same with or without his soul, barring his soulled self feeling somewhat guiltier about his past than his soulless self would. Angel has not taken back his birth name of Liam, although Spike occasionally calls him this in order to aggravate him. As Angelus, he considers both the physical and mental destruction of a human being to be artistic, while as Angel, he frequently struggles with his vampiric urges.
- Name: Darla (her birth name is unknown)
- Sired by: The Master in 1609, and Drusilla in 2000
- Significant lovers: Angelus
- Noteworthy vampires she sired: Angelus
- As a vampire, Darla was both cruel and seductive. She seems to view things from an immortal's perspective. Unlike her more aggressive male counterparts (Angelus and Spike), she was rarely seen hunting; her prey willingly approached her, never suspecting their fate until it was too late.
- She's the only vampire ever to have become pregnant.
- She staked herself so her son Connor could be born.
- Name: Drusilla Keeble
- Sired by: Angelus in 1860
- Noteworthy vampires she sired: Spike and Darla (when Darla was brought back from the death as a human)
- Significant lovers: Angelus and Spike
- As a human, she was chaste, moral and had the potential for sainthood (as a vampire all those traits became the exact opposite). Being so pure was her downfall as the evil Angelus became obsessed with corrupting and destroying her. She hated her visions as she viewed them as an affront to God and believed she was cursed. She loved her family very much and as a vampire, she continued to miss them going so far as to torture Angel and remind him of what he did. Drusilla was described as many things. She was widely known as "insane" and Darla described her as "a lunatic".
- She knew before Spike did that he was in love with Slayer Buffy Summers.