|“||We don't owe you anything! If staying in the Quarter means living under your rule I'd just as soon get the hell out!||”|
Thierry Vanchure was once a human living in the 1940s. Marcel found him near death in a war hospital and turned him into a vampire. He was a good musician and Marcel's closest friend and right-hand man. He was sentenced to 100 years in the Garden by Marcel for killing a fellow vampire after being tricked by Klaus. He later formed an alliance with Klaus' sister Rebekah, who wanted to take New Orleans from Klaus and Marcel, but was later killed by Elijah after rejoining with Marcel and attempting to disturb Klaus' peace.
In the 1940s, Marcel found Thierry Vanchure during World War II. Thierry was dying of a war wound outside a VA hospital. Marcel turned him soon after. He has been loyal to Marcel ever since and became Marcel's closest friend and right-hand man.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries SeriesEdit
In The Originals, Thierry first appeared as one of Marcel's inner circle members. When Marcel told Klaus that he was now king of New Orleans, and that Klaus was nothing anymore, Klaus retaliated by biting Thierry and infecting him with a hybrid bite as a show of power. Later, in line with Sophie's plan to overthrow Marcel, Klaus healed Thierry to try to gain Marcel's trust.
Throughout The Originals SeriesEdit
Little was known about Thierry's personality, but he was seen to be very loyal to Marcel, always helping him out with a task. He seems to respect Marcel, after staking the vampire knowing he had broken the rules and could potentially face death, he didn't attempt to run and took his punishment. He also demonstrated bravery, knowing two Original Vampires were in town, voicing his concerns to Marcel in front of Klaus. Thierry was also truthful and honest, revealing to Marcel that he was in love with a witch, despite the warring between their two species. He also seems to be forgiving, as he did not treat Marcel harshly for his imprisonment in the tomb. Also, he is intelligent enough to realize that there must be another mole within Marcel's camp.
Thierry was mad at Marcel for not releasing him after Klaus has told him the truth that he tricked Thierry, he then makes an alliance with Klaus' sister Rebekah. They are plotting to take the French Quarter from Klaus and Marcel.
Thierry was a handsome vampire with dark hair and blue eyes. He was always seen with a cap on, except for certain occasions (ex. while in The Garden).
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Thierry possessed all the standard powers and abilities of a non-original vampire.
Thierry had the typical weaknesses of a non-Original vampire.
- Main article: Marcel and Thierry
In the 1940's was the first time Marcel met Thierry, after being wounded from the war, Marcel saves his life and turned him into a Vampire, and Thierry stood by Marcel as his best friend and righthand man for over 70 years. Thierry is a great musician perfect at playing a trumpet which Marcel likes about him. Everytime Thierry got in conflict with Klaus, Marcel protected him. But once Marcel thought Thierry had betrayed him, he sentenced him to The Garden where he will rot for 100 years. Marcel later realized that the only person he fully trusted was Theirry.
- Main article: Rebekah and Thierry
After Marcel choose Klaus over Rebekah, she found herself in The Garden and started becoming friendly to Thierry and they started to become allies in taking New Orleans from both Klaus and Marcel with Davina's help, Thierry smiles of the thought. When Davina was ill and Marcel had taken Davina away to hide her from Klaus until she would be fine, Rebekah asked Thierry of Marcel's hiding place and Thierry told her to kook for at the docks and told her not to forget about him, witch she wouldn't. When Klaus asked of how Rebekah was able to find Marcel and Davina, she responds and says she got her own little spies to.
Thierry is shown to be in love with Katie, and she is in love with him as well, both of them have become involved in a relationship while their species are at war with each other. When a Werewolf wants to buy wolfsbane, Katie calls and informs Thierry about it and sends Nightwalkers at the Werewolf. When Marcel tells Thierry to go to the witches to send a message, Thierry goes to Katie and promises everything will be ok and tells her that he loves her. When Katie is attacked by a Nightwalker, Thierry kills him and he is sentenced to 100 years in The Garden. Katie tries to save him from the punishment by trying to kill Marcel and his people, but she's killed by Klaus and Thierry is shocked by her death and is sent to rot in The Garden for 100 years.
Thierry is seen to be good friends with Diego, when Josh makes a comment about Thierry's condition, Diego snaps at him, clearly angry for mentioning him. Afterwards, when Diego is with Marcel, he makes a snide comment towards him about throwing them in the Garden like Thierry. However, when Thierry wouldn't follow Klaus, Diego did not side with him. He only left Klaus to join Marcel after Thierry's death, affected by the loss of his friend.
- Thierry is of French and old German origin, and the meaning is "people's ruler".
- Vanchure is of unknown origin, but it's likely it's of French origin.
- Thierry was Marcel's right hand man.
- Thierry was bitten by Klaus in a show of power, but he was later healed with Klaus' blood.
- Thierry can play the trumpet very well.
- He was a Soldier in the 1940's, WWII lasted from 1939 to 1945 which puts him in the army around the same time as TVD's Enzo who was also a soldier in World War II and Stefan Salvatore whom we see in his uniform in flashbacks, In We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street.
- He was sent to a hospital in New Orleans where Marcel found him dying. Since his transition, he had been with Marcel ever since and was his right hand man and best friend for 70 years.
- After breaking one of Marcel's rules, Thierry was "sentenced" to 100 years in The Garden.
- In Fruit of the Poisoned Tree, Marcel frees Thierry from the Garden, but can't fully pardon him until he knows everything. However, according to Marcel, if Thierry complies with Marcel's plans, he'll be out by Mardi Gras.
- In The Casket Girls, Thierry allies himself with Rebekah Mikaelson to take back New Orleans from Klaus who tricked him and Marcel who betrayed him.
- Thierry was released by Rebekah from The Garden, in Dance Back from the Grave.
- According to Marcel, he was a lover of feisty women-vampires, witches and humans alike.
- Since the Other Side collapsed, it is most likely he either found peace or was sucked into oblivion.
- Thierry only ever made one record of his trumpet playing, which Marcel still owns and listens to even after his death, as shown in Rebirth.