|“||Before you dismiss me, you should know this; if I've woken from my slumber, Dahlia has as well. Once she's sensed your child's magic, she will come for her. And she has the power to kill anyone who stands in her way... unless we kill her first.||”|
UNLIKELY ALLIANCES — When a dangerous run-in with a coven of vengeful Witches forces Rebekah to align with Marcel, they quickly discover that the body Rebekah is currently inhabiting has a checkered past. Upon learning that Rebekah is in danger, Elijah seeks out a respected elder witch, Josephine, in the hopes she might offer her assistance. Meanwhile, tensions build when Klaus clashes with Hayley Marshall-Kenner and Jackson over how best to protect baby Hope from Finn. Elsewhere, Freya convinces Finn to bring her to Mikael, the father she hasn't seen in over a thousand years. Lastly, a confrontation with Freya leaves Elijah and Klaus questioning whether they can trust their long-lost sister.
Key: * Archive footage only
- Antagonists: Finn Mikaelson and Eva Sinclair.
- Hayley and Jackson make love for the first time.
- Elijah and Gia kiss and have sex for the first time.
- It is revealed that the name of the witch Rebekah is inhabiting is Eva Sinclair, a sadistic psychopath who kidnaps young children and uses sacrificial spells so as to channel their power.
- Rebekah wants to increase her power to bring Kol back, and went to the Tremé market to find some magical objects to help in this task.
- Klaus confronts Finn in the City of the Dead where, despite channeling the power of the Ancestors, Finn is unable to defeat his brother. Before Klaus can kill him, Elijah and Freya stop him; Elijah because he had made a deal with the witches to return Vincent Griffith to them in exchange for their allegiance, and Freya so that her brother wouldn't be harmed.
- Klaus stabbed Finn in retribution for killing Kol, as well as because he wanted to make him suffer as a result of his intentions toward Hope.
- Mikael and Freya are reunited for the first time in a thousand years, and they form an alliance to destroy Dahlia, whom Freya plans to kill once she comes to New Orleans.
- Despite Freya's desire to see her father again, she tells Finn that she doesn't care about Esther, as she had given her away and caused their family's destruction.
- After disagreements with Jackson and Hayley over how to manage the wolves, Klaus turns to Aiden (who has his own problems with Jackson and his leadership) and offers to help make him the Alpha of the pack in exchange for Aiden's promise that he will protect Hope at all costs.
- At the end of the episode, Eva Sinclair regains the control of her body and kills a young boy before she proceeds to steal the power of his girlfriend, who is a witch from one of the nine Coven's of New Orleans.
- Mikael and Freya are reunited for the first time in 1,000 years.
- The last time they interacted with one another was in flashbacks of Wheel Inside the Wheel.
- Freya meets her brothers, Elijah and Klaus for the first time.
- After a period of six episodes until this episode, we found out more about Rebekah's current vessel and her history.
- This episode marks the first appearence of Vincent in his own body.
- Although not directly mentioned, Josephine mentions Bastianna Natale, Agnes, Genevieve, Céleste Dubois and Sophie Deveraux as being Elders who have met their deaths since the Originals returned to the city.
- Kol was mentioned in this episode. He died of the hex inflicted on him by Finn in the previous episode.
- Mikael's last active appearance was in Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire. He was neutralized by Finn so as to channel his power.
- His uncredited archival footage appearances do not count.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 1.40 million viewers in the USA.
- Klaus: "It's time to use our werewolf army."
- Klaus: "The wolves need a different leadership."
- Klaus: "It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location."
- Jackson: "No, we need all hands on deck here with Hope. I think you can compel humans to track your enemies."
- Klaus: "Do my ears deceive me? Or did you just give me an order? In my own home?"
- Jackson: "This ain't about your ego, Klaus! It's about what's best for that little girl."
- Klaus: "How dare you question my intentions for my daughter!"
- Hayley: "Jack, Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that he's either powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we... send our best people out there."