|The Vampire Diaries|
|Season 4, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 9th, 2013|
|Written by||Brian Young & Caroline Dries|
|Directed by||Rob Hardy|
|Episode Guide Transcript|
She's Come Undone
SOMETHING WICKED — As Graduation Day approaches, Caroline tries to distract Elena by focusing on simple tasks like sending out announcements, but Elena won’t be swayed from her new obsession. Sheriff Forbes calls Damon and Stefan to the hospital, where someone has been attacking patients. Still trying to force Katherine to help her, Bonnie refuses to give up on her plan to defeat Silas. As a violent wind storm causes a power outage in Mystic Falls, ghosts suddenly appear – some with good intentions while others are bent on revenge.
|Bonnie has a meeting with Katherine and promises her an invincibility spell in exchange for Bonnie's ancestor's tombstone, and that she will get the invincibility spell in a meeting with Qetsiyah after she manages to get the veil to the Other Side down with the tombstone and the two travel to every part of the Expression Triangle. Accessing its power causes a power failure in the whole town.
Bonnie tells Katherine to give her Qetsiyah's tombstone.
Elsewhere, Elena has obsessed with killing Katherine and is following Damon, Stefan and Caroline into the school where Bonnie and Katherine are doing the spell underneath in the caves. When they arrive at the school, they cannot find Katherine and Bonnie and Caroline seems more stressed than she should be about the situation.
Rebekah witnesses her deceased brother Kol walk into the bar and is stunned. He wants to know where Elena is without much success, so in his fury, he stabs Matt right beneath the shoulder and leaves. Matt and Rebekah grow closer when she helps remove the glass used by Kol to pierce his shoulder. She asks him why he won't let her help him with her vampire blood and he tells her that it has nothing to do with her and that people have a bad habit of turning into vampires in their town and that he wants to stay human. Rebekah is looking for some ice to help Matt's pain when she finds Caroline slashing her wrists with a knife and she keeps musing that Silas wants her to keep cutting - implying that it is Silas and not Caroline who is at the school.
Damon finds Alaric who is actually Silas in disguise and Damon can tell, punching him and then putting a chain around his neck and suffocating him as he continues to try to convince him that he is Alaric. Bonnie comes just in time to unleash her potential as a Bennett Witch and an Expression user, doing the spell that Qetsiyah did to Silas thousands of years ago, clotting and freezing the blood-flow in his veins and she comments that she will turn him to stone.
Bonnie destroys his psychic protection and defenses and he begins turning into his true face. Silas, instead of fleeing, rather doesn't want to reveal who he is and he covers his face with with his hands and Bonnie says, "I guess we'll never know", as an answer to Damon's question of who Silas really is. Silas is now a sculpture of stone covering his face.
A little later, Elena is hugging Jeremy, and Bonnie tells them that she will give them as much time as possible, but she is going to re-erect the walls to the Other Side. But when she arrives, her Grams asks her what she is doing and she says she wants to bring Jeremy back. Sheila warns her that Nature's power is too strong and that it cannot be challenged, but Bonnie tells her that Nature has only one form, but Bonnie has done all magic known by the supernatural world. She tells Sheila that "I have every Magic!" "I have Expression," then two pyres behind her ignite, "I have the Spirits," Bonnie says and the candles ignite, "I have the Darkness," she ends and the darkness beyond enters her veins slowly and fills her whole body. Sheila disappears and Bonnie doesn't care, she challenges Nature's Power, fighting Nature and continues to do the spell, "Phesmatos Ravenus on animum." Bonnie then gets consumes by the magic and falls to the earth. Elsewhere, Matt and Rebekah are going out of the bar and see a handsome man in ancient clothes. Rebekah tells Matt that that is her ex-boyfriend Alexander and she attempts to escape, but her path is blocked by other hunters, Connor and Vaughn.
Bonnie wakes up and Sheila is next to her and tells her that the magic was too much for her and that she lost in the battle against Nature. Bonnie sees her body laying down on the floor and is horrified, "Oh my God, I'm dead."
- Antagonists: Silas and Kol Mikaelson.
- Bonnie drops the veil to The Other Side in this episode and that's why seven ghosts appear.
- Elena's actions will be driven by anger.
- Bonnie dies. She is the second main character to die this season. She is currently a ghost as the veil is still dropped.
- Jeremys tombstone is not the same as it was in Bring It On.
- Kol was the only member of the Original family to come back from the other side, despite that the three others had reasons for coming back, too.
- Silas is turned into stone by Bonnie.
- Vaughn appears as a ghost, meaning that he died on the island.
- Lexi meets Caroline in this episode.
- Silas goes in Caroline's, Stefan's, his monster form and Alaric's forms to torment Bonnie.
- This episode had about 2.28 million viewers in the USA.
- This episode has the most hunters appear in one episode in the present day as well as one scene.
- Bonnie Bennett - killed by herself. (Overuse of magic)
- Lexi Branson was last seen in Because the Night through flashbacks. She was killed by Damon in 162 Candles.
- Alaric Saltzman was last seen in Memorial. He was killed by Rebekah in The Departed.
- Alexander was last seen in The Five through flashbacks. He was killed by Niklaus.
- Connor Jordan was last seen as a hallucination in We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes. He was killed by Elena in The Killer.
- Kol Mikaelson was last seen in A View To A Kill. He was killed by Elena and Jeremy to complete Jeremy's Hunter's Mark.
- Galen Vaughn was last seen in Stand By Me. He died of starvation upon the Island after being trapped down a well by Rebekah.
- Sheila Bennett was last seen in Down The Rabbit Hole as an illusion. She died from the spell exertion in Fool Me Once.
- Jeremy Gilbert was last seen in Pictures of You as a ghost and Silas' visage. He was killed by Silas (and Katherine) in Down The Rabbit Hole.
- This is the second time that Silas takes on the form of Caroline and Stefan. It was first seen in American Gothic and Pictures of You.
- Mystic Falls, Virginia
- "The Walking Dead" is an American horror drama television series developed by Frank Darabont. It is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. The series stars Andrew Lincoln as sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes, who awakens from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating "walkers", resembling zombies. He sets out to find his family and encounters many other survivors along the way. The eponymous title of the series refers to the survivors, and not the zombies.
- Elena: "You don't think I can kill Katherine?"
- Stefan: "I don't think you really want to."
- Elena: "Maybe you're right. Maybe I just want to feel the warmth of her chest cavity as I rip out her heart and watch her face as she realizes I took it from her. Nah, I just want to kill her. It's that simple. I'm gonna go shower."
- Bonnie: "There's only been one person that's been able to put Silas down, two thousand years ago, and that was Qetsiyah, so I need to go ask her for some advice." 
- Liz: "There are four other victims, each one of them almost completely drained of their blood. Do you think it's Silas?"
- Stefan: "He's fueling up for something big."
- Bonnie: "Silas can be anyone."
- Stefan: "Silas."
- Bonnie: "It's time to drop the veil."
- Katherine: "And by 'drop the veil' you mean unleash all hell on earth?"
- Damon: "We need to stop Bonnie from doing the spell."
- Silas: "You have no idea who I am."
- Kol: "Greetings from the dead."
- Stefan: "Hey, here you are. Any luck?
- Caroline: "I searched the whole school. She should be here. (Strange sound behind Caroline) What was that?"
- Stefan (Stefan and Caroline go into another room. Another strange sound. Caroline pulls a fridge-freezer's door): "Hum, ice is melting."
- Caroline (She closes the door): "This doesn't make any sense. This is the center of the triangle. If she's gonna do the spell, she has to do it here. This is where they should be."
- Stefan (He looks down towards a hole in the floor through which water is falling): "Actually, I think we're in the right place, just in the wrong elevation."
- Caroline: "Stamp, please... Thank you."
- Elena: "You don't have to pretend to be nice to me, Caroline. I know this is a ploy to keep me distracted."
- Caroline: "You're done? I'm only on my second batch."
- Elena: "We have family friends in Denver... other than that, nobody cares that I'm graduating. And to be honest, neither do I."
- Caroline: "I know that's how you feel now, but once you get through this hating Katherine phase-"
- Elena: "Wait. Do you know where Katherine is?"
- Caroline: "No. Why would I know where she is?"
- Elena: "Yeah, but Caroline, if you did, you would tell me, right?"
- Caroline: "Elena, you're obsessing."
- Elena (Grabs Caroline's arm): "Caroline, listen to me, if you know where Katherine is, you have to tell me."
- Caroline: "I don't, Elena... chill."