|The Vampire Diaries|
|Season 1, Episode 10|
|Air date||November 19th 2009|
|Written by||Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec & Barbie Kligman|
|Directed by||J. Miller Tobin|
|Episode Guide Transcript|
SummarySTEFAN AND DAMON HAVE SOME NEW COMPETITION —- After reading the journal left by one of the Gilbert ancestors, Jeremy is inspired to return to his hobby of sketching fantasy creatures, a talent he had abandoned when his parents died. Much to the surprise of their friends, Matt and Caroline continue to hang out together. When Sheriff Forbes tells Damon there has been another attack, he offers to track down the killer and learns a startling piece of information about the town's founding families. Alaric steps in to help during an intense scene with Jeremy, Tyler and Mayor Lockwood. Stefan and Elena come to a new understanding, but everything changes when Elena by mistake makes a devastating discovery.
|Jeremy decides to return to his hobby of sketching fantasy creatures that he had stopped upon the death of his parents. Meanwhile, the vampire Logan attacks and kills several people throughout the town. Matt and Caroline continue to hang out together. He tells Tyler that he likes hanging out with Caroline. Sheriff Forbes tells Damon of a new recent attack, and he discovers Logan doesn't know who turned him. Alaric helps with a small dispute among Jeremy, Tyler and Mayor Lockwood. Logan kidnaps Caroline after a dispute with the sheriff, but Stefan and Damon save her. Logan tells Damon he knows of another way to resurrect Katherine. Elsewhere, Elena tells Stefan that she loves him and he decides to stay in Mystic Falls. Stefan and Elena then sleep together. But when Stefan goes to get a drink for Elena, she discovers the photo of Katherine see that she looks exactly like her and leaves his house abruptly, leaving her vervain necklace behind with the photo. Alaric confronts Logan and tells him to leave Jenna alone. Logan tries to attack him, but gets staked and dies. Elena is involved in a car crash while trying to avoid a man in the middle of the road, but realizes that the man is more than human. The last shot is of the stranger approaching the car and Elena screaming.|
- Antagonist: Logan Fell.
- The Gilbert's House number is 2104.
- Stefan wanted to be a doctor before he turned into a vampire, but he couldn't fulfill this dream because of the blood involved.
- Elena tells Stefan that she wanted to be a writer since her mother had pushed her in that direction by giving her a diary, but since her mother died she can't see herself being a writer anymore. This was a dream she had with her mother.
- Tyler's clear bewilderment about his own violent aggression hints at a possible supernatural history when, after confessing to Jeremy that he can't explain his behavior, the camera lingers on a shot of the full moon.
- Elena and Stefan have sex for the first time in this episode.
- It's unknown why Kayla Ewell was credited for this episode as she left the cast in Haunted.
- This episode had about 3.57 million viewers in USA.
- Amazing Race, a U.S. reality television game show in which teams of two people who have some form of a preexisting personal relationship, race around the world in competition with other teams
- Celine Dion, a Canadian singer
- Family Guy, an American animated television series.
- Jeremy (reading Jonathan Gilbert's journal): "I live in fear, it consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun beginning to fade, the fear comes because I know that the night brings death."
- Elena: "Jeremy's got his sketchpad out."
- Jenna: "You're kidding."
- Elena: "Nope, but don't say a word. The minute you encourage him he'll put it away."
- Jenna: "Psychology major, check that."
- Sheriff Forbes: "There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, complete drained of blood. It fits the pattern."
- Damon: "I'm sorry, I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when we staked the blonde one."
- Tyler: "So whats up with you and Forbes?"
- Matt: "Nothings up."
- Tyler: "I saw you two in the hall today, don't even try to deny it bro. You're tappin' that."
- Matt: "No, it's not like that."
- Damon: "Who turned you?"
- Logan: "How should I know, last thing I remember is I'm about to stake your brother and then you grab me. That's it! Until I wake up in the ground behind a used car dealership on Highway 4; somebody buried me."
- Damon (In pain): "It happens."
- Logan: "You bit me, it had to be you."
- Damon: "You have to have vampire blood in your system when you die, I didn't do that. Some other vampire found you, gave you their blood."
- Logan: "Who?"
- Damon: "That's what I want to know."
- Logan: "Dude it's not like the Welcome Wagon was waiting with a Bunt Cake and a handbook. It's been a learn-as-you-go process. You know, one minute, I'm a small town on the rise news guy and the next thing I know I can't get into my house because my foot won't get through the door!"
- Damon: "You have to be invited in."
- Logan: "I know, I live alone."
- Damon: "Oh, that sucks."
- Logan: "All I can think about is blood, and killing people. I can't stop killing people, I keep killing (laughs).. And I like it. I'm conflicted."
- Damon: "Welcome to the club."
- Damon: "Logan Fell's a vampire and when I find him again I'm going to destroy him.. limb.. by limb."
- Stefan: "What happened, are you okay?"
- Damon: "No, I'm not okay. I was ambushed, I was shot. Now I'm vengeful. Just gotta find him."
- Logan: "What are you going to do, stake me? Bury me in another shallow grave? What will the email say this time?"
- Sheriff Forbes: "I didn't have a choice."
- Logan: "You bitch! I died for you, for this town. You've known me since I was 6..and you swept me under the rug like dirt."
- Sheriff Forbes: "You knew what you were getting into."
- Logan: "I was one of you."
- Sheriff Forbes: "And now you're one of them."
- Elena: "I know that you think that you brought all this bad stuff into my life, but my life already had it. I was buried in it."
- Stefan: "This is different."
- Elena: "It doesn't make it any less painful."
- Stefan: "I know this is hard to understand..but I'm doing this for you."
- Elena: "No, you don't get to make that decision for me. If you walk away, its for you, because I know what I want. Stefan, I love you."
- Alaric: "Jenna's a good person, she deserves the best. I'm here to make sure she gets it."
- Logan Fell: "Was that supposed to be a threat? Couldn't you throw a punch..maybe..provoke me a little?"
- Alaric (laughs): "I'm not a violent guy by design."
- Logan: "Oh, you're not a very smart one either."
- Alaric: "How's that?"
- Logan: "Cause you have no idea who you're talking to." (Alaric stakes him right afterwards)
- Elena: "Still wanna be an astronaut?"
- Matt (laughs): "I can't believe you remember that."
- Elena: "I can remember the tinfoil that you wore on your head."
- Matt: "I was 8."
- Stefan: "So, any idea of where you'll go?"
- Damon: "I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends."
- Stefan: "You don't have any friends, Damon"
- Damon: "You're right, Stefan. I only have you. So, where are we going?"
- Stefan: ""We" are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible."
- Damon: "But we're a team. We could travel the world together. We could try out for The Amazing Race."