Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
[Tyler, in wolf form, growls and snarls at Caroline and Matt who are on the other side of the iron gate. Caroline is holding the gate shut.]
- Matt: Caroline, let me help!
- Caroline: Get back, I got it!
[Tyler starts to attack, fitting his snout through the bars of the gate and snapping and snarling. Caroline flinches but holds the gate steady. Matt aims the rifle at Tyler. Tyler backs up and attacks a second time.]
- Matt: Caroline, the door's not going to hold.
[He backs away while continuing to point the gun at Tyler]
- Matt: Come on!
- Caroline: Tyler, please!
[Tyler doesn't let up on his attack. Matt shoots Tyler, who yelps in pain and backs away. Matt shoots him again.]
- Caroline: Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler!
- Matt: It's trying to kill us!
- Caroline: Wait!
[Caroline looks back. Tyler is lying on the ground, panting heavily.]
- Caroline: He's wounded.
- Matt: Caroline, stay back.
[Caroline begins to unlock the gate.]
- Caroline: We can go around him.
- Matt: Are you nuts?
- Caroline: You're not going to shoot him again, okay? Okay. Matt, take my hand.
[Caroline extends her hand towards Matt as she opens the gate and walks out. Matt continues to point the gun at Tyler.]
- Matt: I got it.
- Caroline: [looking back] Matt, take my hand.
[Matt finally complies and places the rifle over his shoulder. He takes Caroline's hand and she vamp-speeds the two of them out of the cellar.]
[Damon is sitting at the bar, observing the werewolf bite on his inner forearm. Katherine stands over him, also observing the bite.]
- Katherine: So that's what a werewolf bite looks like.
- Damon: Yep.
- Katherine: It's not that bad.
- Damon: Will be.
[Damon stands up and rolls his sleeve down, covering the bite.]
- Katherine: So that's it? You're just...going to die?
- Damon: Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?
[Katherine shakes her head.]
- Damon: Me, either.
[Damon grabs his jacket off the couch and puts it on.]
- Katherine: 145 years and no last good-bye?
- Damon: You don't get a good-bye.
[Damon turns away from her. Katherine vamp-speeds in front of him, placing her hand on his chest.]
- Katherine: No. Don't leave mad.
- Damon: Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine.
[Damon attempts to leave again, but Katherine persists.]
- Katherine: Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice.
- Damon: That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice.
- Katherine: It was her or me. I chose her.
- Damon: I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?
- Katherine: I didn't let love get in the way.
- Damon: Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine.
[Damon walks past Katherine.]
- Katherine: What are you going to do?
- Damon: [turns and looks at Katherine] I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus.
- Katherine: He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead, there's nothing you can do about it.
[Elena and Jenna are sitting on the ground. Jenna is clutching at her head.]
- Jenna: Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?
- Elena: Do you remember what happened?
- Jenna: You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire.
- Elena: Klaus. It was Klaus.
- Jenna: He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that. [She looks around, anxiously.] Where are we? What happened?
[Elena takes Jenna's hands into her own.]
- Elena: We're at the quarry. He brought us here.
- Jenna: Why don't I remember anything?
- Elena: Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?
- Jenna: Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's...[pauses, realizes what has happened to her] Oh, god. He killed me.
- Elena: Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here.
- Jenna: I'm a vampire?
- Greta: And I bet you're hungry.
[Greta approaches them; Jenna and Elena look up at her from the ground. Elena sees a sharp rock nearby and rushes to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, Greta sends Elena flying backwards. Elena lands painfully in the dirt. Greta waves her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena. Elena stands up and rushes towards the flames, but finds that she can't escape.]
- Greta: Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do.
- Elena: Greta...Please, just- just let her go.
[Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. Jenna looks at it, hungrily.]
- Greta: Klaus chose her.
- Elena: No.
[Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna.]
- Greta: Drink it.
- Elena: Jenna, don't!
- Jenna: I can't.
- Elena: Let her go. Hey!
[Jenna continues to stare at Greta's bloody wrist and finally sinks her teeth in.]
- Elena: No! No.
[Elena's eyes glisten with tears. Jenna closes her eyes as the warm blood enters her mouth. After a few moments, Greta pulls his wrist out of Jenna's grip and Jenna falls to the ground.]
- Greta: That's enough.
[Greta stands up.]
- Elena: Jenna. It's going to be okay.
[Greta flicks her wrist and another circle of fire surrounds Jenna. Jenna retreats from the flames, looking terrified.]
- Elena: Look at me. Hey, look at me.
[Jenna turns her head towards Elena, blood still running down her chin.]
- Elena: It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay.
[Jenna silently says "no" as the dark veins of hunger creep towards her eyes.]
Old Witch House
[Jeremy and Bonnie are down in the basement, still flipping through the pages of old grimoires.]
- Jeremy: This is useless. All these grimoires. There has to be something in here to keep Elena from becoming a vampire.
- Bonnie: And we'll keep looking. Until the last minute.
[Outside, Elijah, Alaric, and Stefan arrive and walk across the yard towards the house.]
- Elijah: The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid.
- Alaric: So when do we attack?
- Elijah: Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in.
- Stefan: And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?
- Elijah: If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself.
[Stefan's phone rings. He answers it and walks away from Elijah and Alaric. Damon is on the other end and at the Boarding House.]
- Stefan: Damon.
- Damon: You're not going to like what I'm about to say.
- Stefan: Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?
- Damon: It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated.
- Stefan: We're sticking with the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now.
- Damon: He's got Jenna, Stefan.
- Stefan: What?
- Damon: He got Kath to lure her out of the house.
[Stefan looks back at Alaric, worried.]
- Alaric: What is it? What's wrong?
- Damon: He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual.
- Stefan: Oh, my god.
[Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire. Jenna is kneeling in hers.]
- Elena: How are you feeling?
- Jenna: I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything.
- Elena: Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts.
- Jenna: [eyes glistening with tears] I'm gonna die, aren't I?
- Elena: No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do.
[In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound.]
- Jenna: Who's that?
- Elena: That must be the werewolf.
[Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain.]
- Jules: What's happening to me?
- Greta: I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free.
[Greta moves away, flicks her wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Jules.]
- Elena: Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed.
- Greta: My duty is to Klaus! The new order.
- Klaus: Glad to know I still have a dance partner.
[He looks at Elena, Jenna and Jules.]
- Klaus: Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?
[Matt and Caroline rush into the house. Caroline shuts the doors and locks them.]
- Caroline: Come on. Get in here!
[Caroline breathes out, leaning against the doors. Matt peers out one of the front windows.]
- Caroline: Do you see anything?
- Matt: We're not safe here. If that thing wants in, it's getting in.
[Matt opens the chamber of the rifle and reloads it.]
- Caroline: How did you even know what I was? I compelled you to forget!
- Matt: I was on vervain. I faked forgetting so I could spy on you. It was your mom's idea.
[Matt walks out of the room to peer out another window. Caroline, shocked, follows him.]
- Caroline: Wait, my mom knows?! Oh my God! You told her. Well, what'd she say?
[Matt turns back around to look at Caroline.]
- Matt: Your mom hates vampires. She grew up hating vampires. She'll probably always hate vampires.
- Caroline: Well, what about you?
- Matt: What about me?
- Caroline: Where does this leave us?
- Matt: Stuck in this house. Trying not to get mauled to death by our friend.
[Matt exits the room, leaving Caroline looking distressed.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Someone is persistently knocking on the front door. Damon walks down the stairs and into the front hall.]
- Damon: [sighs] Heard ya.
[The knocking continues. As Damon approaches the door, he stumbles. Regaining his composure, he rolls up his sleeve and sees the werewolf bite has gotten worse. Damon proceeds towards the front door and opens it. John stands in the doorway.]
- Damon: Great. I was just thinking about getting a bite to eat.
- John: Elena hasn't returned any of my calls for days. I need to see her.
[John walks into the house. Damon shuts the front door and turns to look at him.]
- Damon: Well, you're a day late and a daughter short, John.
- John: What are you talking about?
- Damon: Klaus has her. Sacrifice goes down tonight.
- John: How could you let that happen? You were supposed to keep her safe. Wasn't that the sum total of your plan? To keep her safe?
- Damon: She is safe. I fed her my blood.
- John: You what?!
- Damon: When Klaus kills Elena in the sacrifice, she will come back to life. Granted, as the thing you hate most in the world, but no one really cares what you think.
[Damon starts to walk into the parlor. John attempts to grab him, but Damon uses his vamp-speed and spins John around, slamming him against a wall.]
- Damon: You do not want to mess with me right now.
[John straightens up and looks at Damon.]
- John: You ruined her life. You know that, right?
- Damon: I know, John. I took her choice, destroyed her future. Trust me, I get it. It actually gets worse.
[Damon walks away.]
- John: How could it possibly get any worse?
[Jules, Elena, and Jenna are still contained in the rings of fire. Jules continues to moan in pain. Up on a nearby hill, Klaus retrieves the moonstone from his pocket.]
- Klaus: I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it.
[Klaus hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky.]
- Greta: The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?
- Klaus: I remember.
[Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Klaus approaches the rings of fire. Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena.]
- Jules: Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler.
- Elena: Are you Jules?
- Jules: I didn't want him to be alone!
[Klaus looks down at Jules.]
- Klaus: Shall we?
[The ring of fire around Jules disperses. Jules's eyes turn yellow and she uses her werewolf speed to rush at Klaus. Alas, Klaus gets the upper hand and pins Jules to the ground, plunging his hand into her chest and ripping out her heart. Jules takes a final breath, tears streaming down her face, and dies. Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands. Elena and Jenna look on, horrified.]
Old Witch House
[Jeremy is looking through a grimoire as Bonnie looks over his shoulder.]
- Bonnie: Which one are you reading?
- Jeremy: Emily Bennett's, there's a section on spells she did for my ancestor, Johnathan Gilbert.
- Bonnie: Yeah, I think she had a thing for him.
[He looks up at Bonnie. Bonnie smiles at him.]
- Jeremy: There's something on a resuscitative spell she was working on.
- Bonnie: I saw that, too. She just didn't explain what it did, exactly.
- Jeremy: Well, maybe Johnathan wrote about it in his journals. You know, I can have Stefan bring them.
[The basement door creaks open. Bonnie hears the noise.]
- Bonnie: Someone's here.
[Alaric walks down the stairs and into the basement.]
- Jeremy: Hey, what are you doing here?
- Alaric: Elijah and Stefan are upstairs. [to Bonnie] You mind if I have a second with Jeremy?
- Bonnie: Sure, yeah. Of course.
[Bonnie gets up and leaves the basement.]
- Jeremy: What's the matter?
- Alaric: Jeremy...Something's happened to Jenna.
[Jeremy looks at Alaric, blankly.]
[Outside, Bonnie is talking to Stefan and Elijah.]
- Bonnie: Why did he take Jenna?
- Elijah: A punishment for meddling.
- Stefan: Klaus was going to use Tyler and Caroline. But Damon rescued them.
- Bonnie: Then we need to go. Now. Before Jenna's been sacrificed. I can kill Klaus myself.
- Stefan: Bonnie...If you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this. It's not an option.
- Bonnie: Neither is letting Jenna die.
- Elijah: Well, Stefan would agree with you.
[Bonnie looks confused. Stefan walks closer towards Bonnie.]
- Stefan: We're going to offer another vampire. One that he'll want more. Me.
[Greta continues chanting a spell while Klaus holds Jules's heart over the ceremonial bowl, squeezing the blood into the flames.]
- Klaus: Does that mean it's working?
- Greta: It's working.
[Over in the rings of fire, Elena watches Klaus and Greta in the distance. Jenna looks up at her, eyes glistening with tears.]
- Jenna: The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was? [Elena looks down at her and shakes her head.] Isn't there someone else who can do this?
- Elena: Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy through all of that.
- Jenna: It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you.
- Elena: But you didn't. [Kneeling down] You put your entire life on hold to help us.
- Jenna: Look around, Elena. I failed you.
- Elena: No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry. Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back. I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay. I need you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance...[Elena places a finger to her lips and whispers the next word] Run.
- Jenna: [nodding, whispering] Okay.
[Matt peers out another window.]
- Matt: You don't think I killed him, do you?
[Caroline is sitting on a couch in the parlor.]
- Caroline: No. No. It takes a lot more than wooden bullets to kill a werewolf. He's still out there somewhere. Do you think my mom wants to kill me?
- Matt: I don't think your mom knows what to do with you.
- Caroline: Yeah, well, I don't really know what to do with me, either.
[Matt looks at her. Caroline becomes more alert as she hears a noise on the front porch.]
- Matt: What is it?
[Matt begins to walk towards the front door.]
- Caroline: Wait.
[Caroline listens intently and hears more shuffling on the front porch. Matt points the gun at the door. Caroline gets up and pushes the barrel of the gun down.]
- Caroline: Don't. Don't shoot.
[Caroline rushes over to the front doors.]
- Matt: What the hell are you doing?
[Caroline peers through the glass in the front doors and sees Tyler lying, naked, on the front porch. Caroline walks back towards Matt.]
- Caroline: [extending her hand] Give me your jacket.
- Matt: What?
- Caroline: Your jacket, take it off.
[Matt frantically takes his jacket off and hands it to Caroline. She grabs it and opens the front doors. Matt follows behind her. Caroline kneels down next to Tyler and places the jacket around his naked body.]
- Caroline: Hey.
[Tyler looks up at Caroline. Caroline pets Tyler's head.]
- Tyler: [gasping] Caroline?
- Caroline: Hey. It's okay. It's okay.
Old Witch House
[Stefan is standing outside the house. Elijah approaches him.]
- Elijah: Bonnie did the locator spell. They're at Steven's Quarry.
- Stefan: I'll head over there first and you'll follow with Bonnie when it's time.
- Elijah: Just as the moon hits its final phase. She's to stay hidden until then. He cannot know that she's alive.
[Stefan nods and begins to walk away.]
- Elijah: You're very honorable.
[Stefan turns back around, looks at Elijah, and walks back towards him.]
- Stefan: Are you? Because this whole plan is, um, it's contingent upon your honor, Elijah.
- Elijah: I won't fail you.
- Stefan: Klaus is your brother. I know I've wanted to kill my brother a thousand times. I've never been able to.
- Elijah: Well, Klaus was not my only brother. I had siblings; parents. I had a family. Over the centuries, Klaus hunted them down one by one and he took them from me. He scattered them across the seas where their bodies could not be found.
- Stefan: You want revenge.
- Elijah: Sometimes there's honor in revenge, Stefan. I won't fail you.
- Stefan: Please end this.
[In the house, John walks down into the basement, holding a cardboard box. Jeremy and Bonnie approach him as he puts the box down on a table.]
- John: I brought the Gilbert journals. I think I know the spell you're talking about.
- Bonnie: Where's Damon?
- John: Upstairs. Alaric wanted to talk to him.
[They begin to take the journals out of the box and flip through them.]
[Upstairs Alaric has just explained to Damon that Stefan is willing to sacrifice himself.]
- Damon: He did what?!
- Alaric: He wasn't going to let Jenna die.
- Damon: [frustrated] We have a witch. She kills Klaus. No one has to die!
- Alaric: Except for Bonnie.
- Damon: God, Stefan, damn it!
[Damon punches a wall, using his vamp-speed, which causes his whole arm to go into the wall. He takes it out.]
- Alaric: Hey, are you okay?
- Damon: I'm fine. [calms down] Well, that's my brother for you. Always cleaning up my messes.
[Damon exits the house as he says the last sentence. Alaric watches him exit, concerned.]
[Klaus approaches the ring of fire containing Jenna.]
- Klaus: Hello, Jenna.
[Jenna and Elena get up and look at Klaus.]
- Elena: Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!
[Elena walks closer to the flames, causing them to flare up. She retreats.]
- Klaus: Careful.
- Jenna: Elena, don't.
- Elena: No, Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy without a family. [to Klaus] I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please.
- Klaus: Well, well.
[Klaus looks up at the top of the quarry.]
- Klaus: I don't recall you being on the guest list.
[Jenna and Elena look up as well. Elena gasps. Stefan stands atop of the cliff.]
- Stefan: I'm here to talk.
- Klaus: Very well, then.
[Klaus looks at Jenna, briefly, then vamp-speeds up to the top of the cliff and walks calmly towards Stefan.]
- Klaus: What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?
Old Witch House
[In the basement, John, Bonnie, and Jeremy speak with Damon.]
- Bonnie: We found something in the Gilbert journals.
- John: Johnathan journaled the story of a mother who called on Emily's services. The woman's baby was sick; dying. Emily cast a spell that would bind the woman's life force with her child.
- Damon: Skip to the save Elena part.
- John: Well, the child died, but the mother's life force flowed through her, restoring her to life.
- Jeremy: We already know Elena's going to come back to life. But she'll be a vampire.
- John: Not if her soul remains intact.
- Damon: [skeptically] Her soul, really? You're going to put your faith in some act of god mumbo jumbo?
[John walks forward, closing the gap between Damon and himself.]
- John: I refuse to let Elena become the thing I've spent my life protecting her against. And you can call that God or mystical energy, whatever you want, but yes...I'm putting my faith in it.
[John turns around and walks back towards Bonnie.]
[Stefan and Klaus are still conversing on the cliff top. Elena and Jenna continue to look up at the them, patiently waiting to figure out what's happening.]
- Jenna: What's going on?
- Elena: I-I don't know. [Turns to Jenna] You can hear them. [Jenna looks at her.] You can hear anything. Jus-Just focus on them.
- Stefan: You don't need to kill Jenna. I'll take her place.
- Klaus: Oh, I don't know. I rather appreciate the symmetry of three women [Klaus starts to walk around Stefan] -- Three goddesses-- Sacrificed at nature's altar.
- Elena: [whispers] What are they saying?
- Jenna: I can't-I can't make it out.
- Elena: You can do this. Just relax. Focus.
- Stefan: [turning around to face Klaus] Don't play games with me. You'll get what you want either way.
- Jenna: I can hear him. I hear Stefan.
- Elena: What are they saying?
- Klaus: You're quite the hero, aren't you? I've heard that about you.
- Stefan: Just make the trade. Me for Jenna.
[Jenna has heard the last few fines of the conversation with the use of her vampire hearing.]
- Jenna: Oh, my god.
- Elena: What is it?
- Jenna: He wants to take my place.
[Elena looks at Jenna, horrified, then looks up at Stefan.]
[Matt is sitting in the parlor, staring blankly at the fire. Caroline enters the room. She shuts the door behind her and Matt looks up at her.]
- Matt: How's Tyler doing?
- Caroline: Sleeping. He should be better by morning. He just...He needs some rest.
- Matt: Good. [brief pause] So this is your life now, huh?
- Caroline: [smiles] Never a dull moment.
[Matt stands up and walks towards Caroline.]
- Matt: You know, these last few days with you have been so great, and fun.
[Caroline smiles and walks over towards him, placing her hands on his chest.]
- Matt: And so Caroline. I-I thought that I might be able to get past this whole vampire thing.
- Caroline: But you can. Matt...
- Matt: I don't - I don't know if I can, Caroline.
[Matt walks past Caroline. Caroline turns around with a look of desperation plastered on her face.]
- Caroline: Matt!
[Matt turns around and looks at her.]
- Matt: I get it. This is your life now. You know what my life is, Care? My life is an absentee mom. And a bunch of bills to pay, and school, and a job, and it - and it sucks sometimes. But it's my life. And...I think that I just want to live it without all of this.
[Caroline looks at him, sadly, but nods her head, understanding what he wants.]
Old Witch House
[Down in the basement, Bonnie has her hands placed on either side of John's head and is chanting a spell. Jeremy and Damon stand by, watching. Damon, becoming impatient, snaps his fingers.]
- Damon: Come on, Bonnie, we got a hybrid to kill.
[Jeremy looks back at Damon, signaling with his hand for Damon to be tolerant of the situation. Not long after that, Bonnie opens her eyes.]
- Bonnie: It's done.
- Damon: That's it? Let's go.
[Damon walks out of the room. John opens his eyes as Bonnie walks past him. Bonnie turns to Jeremy and gently touches his arm.]
- Bonnie: I'll be back soon.
[Jeremy reaches out to her.]
- Jeremy: Wait, what do you mean? No, I'm coming. I need to be there. I need to make sure you guys are okay.
- Bonnie: And who's going to make sure you're okay?
- Jeremy: I've got my own ring. Look, I'm not taking no for an answer.
[Bonnie kisses Jeremy goodbye. She pulls away and Jeremy smiles at her. Suddenly, Jeremy looks at her, confused, and starts to fall to the floor. John grabs him and leads him back to a chair.]
- John: Easy, easy. [to Bonnie] Just go. I'll stay with him.
[Bonnie looks at Jeremy one last time before exiting the basement with Damon.]
[Upstairs, Alaric and Elijah wait until they hear Damon and Bonnie walk up the stairs.]
- Elijah: It's time.
[Damon and Bonnie exit the house without glancing at Alaric or Elijah. Elijah and Alaric follow them.]
- Alaric: All right. I got the weapons in the car.
- Elijah: Bonnie's the only weapon we need.
[Elijah walks out the doorway. Alaric follows behind him but when he tries to exit the house, he finds that an invisible barrier is blocking him in.]
- Alaric: Bonnie! What is this?
[Bonnie stops and looks back at him.]
- Bonnie: I can't put anyone else at risk.
- Alaric: I can't stay here with Jenna out there!
- Bonnie: I'm sorry.
- Alaric: You can't do this! Damon?
- Damon: Sorry, buddy. She's right.
[Damon, Bonnie and Elijah start to walk away.]
- Alaric: No! You can't do this. Bonnie! Bonnie!
[Alaric angrily hits the doorframe.]
- Jenna: Elena...
- Elena: I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it.
[Klaus and Stefan have come down from the cliff top and approach Elena and Jenna.]
- Klaus: Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish.
- Elena: [sadly] Stefan...
- Stefan: It's okay.
- Klaus: Well. [He points a stake between Jenna and Stefan] Who's it going to be, Elena?
- Elena: No.
- Klaus: Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice.
[Klaus vamp speeds around Stefan and stakes him in the back. Stefan screams in pain and crumbles to the ground.]
- Elena: No! Stefan! No!
[Klaus rips the stake out of Stefan's back, leaving a sizable chunk of wood in his back.]
- Klaus: I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now...
[Klaus snaps Stefan's neck causing Stefan to fall, disgracefully, to the ground. Elena gasps in shock.]
- Klaus: Whenever you're ready, Greta.
[Greta begins chanting the next part of the spell which dispels the ring of fire surrounding Jenna. Jenna looks on, frightened. Elena, teary-eyed, watches on.]
- Elena: No.
- Klaus: Your turn.
- Elena: No, Jenna, no!
[Elena attempts to get to Jenna, but the fire around her flares up. Jenna looks over at her.]
- Jenna: It's alright, Elena. I know what I have to do.
[After a moment of shared silence between Jenna and Elena, Jenna vamp speeds to Greta and ferociously bites her neck. Greta screams. Klaus vamp speeds over to Jenna and stakes her in the back, pulling her off of Greta, who has fallen to the floor. Jenna gasps and Klaus releases her. Jenna falls to the ground. Elena starts to cry.]
- Elena: Jenna, no!
[Jenna looks up at Elena, tears in her eyes.]
- Elena: Just turn it off. Jenna. Turn it off. You won't be scared anymore.
[Klaus flips Jenna over onto her back and hunches over her. Jenna seems less frightened when Klaus stakes her in the heart.]
- Elena: No! Jenna! No! Jenna!
[Elena cries in earnest now. Jenna's body starts to become grey and decayed. Klaus releases the stake from his grap and stands up. Jenna lays lifeless on the stone with the stake through her heart.]
[Greta begins chanting the next part of the spell. Klaus is by her side. Stefan wakes up and feels the piece of wood in his back. He tries to reach it but is not flexible enough to do so. Stefan looks up at Elena and sees her tear streaked cheeks. He looks over towards Greta and sees Jenna's dead body with the stake in her chest.]
- Stefan: No.
[Greta pours Jenna's blood into the ceremonial bowl.]
- Stefan: I'm so sorry.
[Elena places her finger to her lips and shushes Stefan.]
- Elena: [whispers] Are they going to kill him?
- Stefan: [whispers] Yes.
[Klaus approaches Elena.]
- Klaus: It's time.
[The circle of fire disappears from around Elena. Elena looks up at him. Klaus extends his hand towards her. Elena gets up from the ground and walks past Klaus, ignoring him. Elena makes her way to the altar and looks down at Jenna's body. Klaus follows her up to the altar and grabs Elena's face in his hand. Below them, Stefan struggles to get up from the ground. Klaus turns Elena's face so she is looking at him.]
- Klaus: Thank you, Elena.
- Elena: Go to hell.
[Stefan continues to struggle up, but falls back to the ground, too weak to move. Elena stares out, blankly, as Klaus sinks his fangs into her neck and starts to drain Elena of her blood. Stefan watches on, helplessly. Klaus holds Elena tightly as his eyes starts to sprout more veins. Elena's eyelids flutter and her eyes roll into the back of her head and she dies. Klaus releases her and Elena falls to the ground. Blood drips from Klaus' mouth and the flame in the bowl is extinguished. Elena's body lays lifeless and Stefan stares at her, sadly, and lowers his head to the ground. Klaus breathes heavily and walks down the stone steps.]
- Klaus: I can feel it. It's happening.
[Klaus looks up at the full moon. Suddenly, his bones begin to crack and he starts to transform. His eyes are yellow like a werewolf's, but he stil has the veins under them, like a vampire.]
- Klaus: Yes, yes!
[Suddenly, Klaus is thrown through the air. The flames in the bowl reignite, startling Greta. Greta hears and sees Bonnie coming down the hillside, chanting a spell. Before Greta can react, Damon sneaks up behind her and snaps her neck. Damon kneels down and picks up Elena's body.]
- Bonnie: Phasmatos Infero Eseri Gratas, Disasustos Vom, Mas Pro Je Ta Sue Te. Victamas Veras. Phasmatos Tribum, Niha Sue Exilum, Disasustos Vom, Mas Pro Je Ta Sue Te. Levam, Mina Sue Te, Disasustos Vom, Mas Pro Je Ta Sue Te. Phasmatos Veras. Fes Matos Tribum, Mas Pro Tes Unum. Victas Ex Melam, Phasmatos Vanem. Mas Pro Je Ta Sue Te.
- Klaus: No! You were dead!
[Bonnie continues to chant her spell. Klaus' body contorts into painful shapes as he screams. Meanwhile, Damon carries Elena's body towards Stefan and lays her down next to him. Stefan gently grabs her arm.]
- Stefan: Elena.
[Damon kneels down and rips the remainder of the stake out of Stefan's back. Stefan grunts in pain. Damon grabs Stefan's shoulder, as if to help him up, but Stefan turns and looks up at him, grabbing a hold of his jacket.]
- Stefan: I need you to get her out of here!
- Damon: What about you?
- Stefan: I'm not leaving until he's dead. Go!
[Damon picks up Elena's body and carries her away. Stefan sits up. Bonnie continues to chant the spell which is so powerful it causes trees to fall. Klaus screams in pain, lying against the rocks. Elijah approaches him and Bonnie stops chanting.]
- Klaus: Elijah?
- Elijah: Hello, brother.
[Stefan has gotten up and walks up behind Bonnie. Elijah punches his arm into Klaus' chest, grabbing a hold of his heart.]
- Elijah: In the name of our family, Niklaus...
[Elijah twists Klaus's heart.]
- Klaus: I didn't bury them at sea!
- Elijah: What?
- Klaus: Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them.
- Stefan: Elijah! Don't listen to him.
- Klaus: Elijah. I can take you to them. I give you my word...brother.
[Elijah appears to be having second thoughts about killing his brother.]
- Bonnie: Do it and I'll take you both out.
- Elijah: You'll die.
- Bonnie: I don't care.
[Elijah looks down at Klaus and back up at Bonnie and Stefan.]
- Elijah: I'm sorry.
[Stefan and Bonnie run towards Elijah and Klaus.]
- Stefan: No!
- Bonnie: No.
[Before either can get to them, Elijah flies off with Klaus.]
Old Witch House
[Down in the basement, John is busy writing a letter. Alaric is leaning against the doorframe, patiently waiting for the others to come back. It is daylight outside, indicating that much time has passed.
- Alaric: [sighs] We should have heard from them by now.
[Jeremy is sitting in a corner, reading one of the Gilbert journals. He looks over at John.]
- Jeremy: [to John] Did you read all this?
[John glances back at him.]
- John: I did.
- Jeremy: So you understand what happened to the child's mother after the baby was brought back to life?
- John: She saved her daughter. She found peace.
- Jeremy: John...
[John gets up and folds the letter in his hands. Jeremy stands up from the floor and John hands the letter to him.]
- John: I need you to give this to Elena for me. And also this.
[John takes his magic ring off and hands it to Jeremy as well. Alaric looks on, confused.]
- Alaric: Oh, hey, what's going on?
[John looks at Alaric.]
- John: [sighs] Take care of each other. [Looks at Jeremy.] Please.
[A door upstairs opens.]
- Alaric: I think they're here!
[Alaric rushes up the stairs. Jeremy looks at John for a moment longer, then follows Alaric. John turns back into the basement.]
[Upstairs, Damon is carrying Elena's body into the parlor room.]
- Damon: If you come back as a vampire, I'll stake you myself. So don't.
[Damon lays Elena's body down on a sofa and pushes a strand of hair out of her face.]
- Damon: Because I can't stand the idea of you hating me forever.
[Alaric and Jeremy rush into the room and stand in the doorway.]
- Jeremy: How is she?
[Damon continues to stroke Elena's hair and does not look up at either of them.]
- Damon: I don't know yet.
- Alaric: What about Jenna?
[Damon finally looks back at them without saying a word.]
- Alaric: No.
- Damon: I'm sorry, Jeremy.
[Jeremy and Alaric stare blankly at Damon. Behind them, John comes up from the basement and walks out the front door into the yard. Alaric walks away from the doorway and into a secluded area of the house. Outside, John looks back in the house. Suddenly, Elena gasps back to life.]
- Damon: Elena!
- Elena: What happened?
- Damon: How do you feel?
- Elena: I feel fine.
[Damon and Jeremy both breathe a sigh of relief. John watches the scene unfold from outside. He seems at peace, as he looks out into the woods, he shuts his eyes, and falls to the ground, dead.]
[Tyler is wrapped up in a blanket, sleeping on the couch in his dad's study. Caroline sits down next to him and sighs. Tyler wakes up.]
- Caroline: Hey.
[Tyler pulls the blanket down and groans. He examines the rifle wound.]
- Caroline: Ooh, yeah, you got shot. But it's healing.
[Tyler sits up, grimacing as he does so.]
- Tyler: You were right. I shouldn't have come home.
- Caroline: No, you just...should have never left. And you shouldn't leave again.
- Tyler: You're kidding, right? This is the second time I've tried to kill you.
- Caroline: Well, no friendship is perfect.
[They both chuckle.]
- Caroline: Matt broke up with me.
- Tyler: I'm sorry.
- Caroline: Yeah, well, you know, instead of just bailing on me again, you could just say..."Thank you, Caroline, for taking care of me. And I'm sorry that I tried to chow down on you again."
[They both laugh, but Caroline's laughter turns to tears.]
- Tyler: Hey. Hey. Come here.
[Tyler shares his blanket with Caroline and she leans into his chest.]
- Tyler: Oh, easy.
[Tyler wraps his arms around Caroline as she lays her head on his chest.]
- Tyler: Thank you, Caroline. For taking care of me.
- Caroline: You're welcome.
[Damon and Stefan are waiting downstairs in funeral attire.]
- Stefan: We all set?
- Damon: Yeah. Plenty of room with the Gilbert family plot and I compelled two of the grave diggers to do the dirty work. How's she doing?
- Stefan: She lost the only parents she had. She's in shock.
[Upstairs, Elena is placing her earrings in. She looks at the pictures surrounding the frame of her mirror, which include one of her parents and one of Jenna. Jeremy walks into the doorway and raps his knuckles against the wall. He enters the room as Elena finishes putting her earrings in.]
- Elena: I'm almost ready.
- Jeremy: Yeah, take your time.
- Jeremy: John wanted me to give you this. [He hands her the letter and she takes it.] And this.
[Jeremy retrieves the magical ring from his pocket and hands it to Elena. Elena hesitantly takes it and looks up at Jeremy. Jeremy starts to leave the room.]
- Elena: Jeremy...
[Jeremy turns back and looks at Elena.]
- Elena: I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that you've lost so many people.
- Jeremy: I still have you.
[Elena smiles at him and places her head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around her in a warm embrace. They pull apart and look at each other for a moment before Jeremy leaves the room and goes downstairs. Elena tries to maintain her composure as she walks over to her window seat and sits down. She opens up the letter and starts to read it.]
- John: "Elena...it's no easy task being an ordinary parent to an extraordinary child. I failed in that task."
Mystic Falls Cemetery
[Stefan, Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, Alaric, and Jeremy walks across the graveyard.]
- John: "And because of my prejudices, I failed you. I'm haunted by how things might have played out differently. If I'd been more willing to hear your side of things."
[Stefan has his hand in the small of Elena's back and leads her to the gravesite of Jenna and John. Elena has four roses clutched in her hands. She kneels down and places two roses on a grave plot.]
- John: "For me, it's the end. For you, a chance to grow old and someday do better with your own child than I did with mine. It's for that child that I give you my ring."
[Teary-eyed, Elena approaches her parent's graves. She looks down at the tombstone, kneels, and places the remaining two roses on their graves.]
- John: "I don't ask for your forgiveness or for you to forget. I ask only that you believe this. Whether you are now reading this as a human or as a vampire, I love you all the same as I've always loved you, and always will. John. "
[Elena openly cries. Damon starts to walk away. Elena looks up at him and stands, still crying. Alaric walks towards Jenna's grave and places a rose on her plot. He stares down at her grave, sadly, before walking away. He squeezes Jeremy's arm gently and walks to the back of the group.]
[Damon is standing some distance away from the rest of the group. Stefan approaches him.]
- Stefan: We're going to head back to the house.
- Damon: I think I'll skip the coffee and tea cakes.
- Stefan: Damon, she needs us right now. All of us.
- Damon: And then what's the plan, Stefan? The curse is broken. How does one go about killing an all-powerful wolf vamp and his two-faced older brother?
- Stefan: I have no idea.
[Damon turns around to look at Stefan.]
- Damon: We need to get an idea. Fast.
- Stefan: I'm not going to let Elena lose anybody else.
- Damon: I wouldn't make any promises, brother.
- Stefan: What's that supposed to mean?
- Damon: Tyler Lockwood bit me.
[Damon pulls up his sleeve and shows Stefan the bite, which has gotten even worse. Stefan walks over to him with a look of anguish on his face.]
- Damon: [looking down at the bite] It's actually more of a nip, really, but there it is.
[Stefan takes Damon's arm and examines the bite.]
- Stefan: We'll find something. A cure.
- Damon: There's no cure, Stefan.
[Damon and Stefan look off across the graveyard, presumably towards Elena. Stefan looks back at Damon.]
- Stefan: We kept Elena human, right? We found the way when there was no way. Hey.
[Damon turns his head and faces Stefan.]
- Stefan: I will do this.
- Damon: You want to do something for me? Keep this from Elena. Last thing she needs is another grave to mourn.
[Damon grips Stefan's shoulder, gingerly, and walks away. Stefan watches him as he leaves, his left hand fidgeting. The look on his face filled with torment.]