Esther, the Original Witch, made and enchanted six gold lapis-lazuli rings for the members of the Original Family of vampires (also known as "The Originals"), so that they can prevent burning from sunlight. Although the Originals cannot be destroyed by the sun, the sun will burn them before they heal. Without rings in public they would expose themselves as vampires.
People who possess The Original Family RingEdit
These Vampires are known for possessing The Originals Family Ring
- Mikael: His ring was worn on his left pinky.
- Elijah: His ring is worn on his left middle finger.
- Finn: His ring was worn on his right middle finger.
- Niklaus: His ring is no longer worn on his finger, as a hybrid the sun no longer affects him. When he was a vampire, it was on his right middle finger, and is on his right pointer finger in the flashback to the 1920s. It was probably lost when Klaus broke his curse and transformed into a wolf for the first time in over a thousend years.
- Kol: His ring was worn on his right middle finger.
- Rebekah: Her ring is worn on her right middle finger.
- Sage: Her ring was worn on her right middle finger.