|“||They call themselves the Kindred. Years ago, they got obsessed with dark magic, necromancy, immortality spells. So, their coven locked them up here. Since then, they kind of put themselves in charge.||”|
The Kindred are a coven of witches who put themselves in charge inside the Asylum in New Orleans. Their distinctive mark are two scars on their faces.
Throughout The Originals SeriesEdit
In Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire, they are revealed to police and enforce their own rules in the asylum like regular orderlies, forcing witches to take pills that make the Witches unable to focus easily. It is currently unknown how they acquire these pills or how many members they have. What is known is that they were trapped in the asylum by their own coven for using necromancy and immortality spells. All the shown members have scars on their faces.
In Sanctuary, Rebekah rebels against them and plans to escape. She lets Cassie and Freya in on her plans, however, Cassie betrays Rebekah and Freya, revealing that she was The Kindred's newest member. Freya saves her sister from the members of The Kindred by killing them, including Cassie. Rebekah and Freya then escape the asylum.
- As part of an initiation rite, members are given two scars across their cheeks.
- It appears that female members are given the scars on their right cheek while male members are scarred on the left.
- It is currently unknown what the actual number of members or if there is anyone left alive after Freya's attack.
- They do not hesitate to use violence to control the witches at the Asylum.
- They might be one of the 9 covens in the City, as Vincent said to Davina in City Beneath The Sea that a regent can do all magic including necromancy, which the Kindred does practice.