The CW is a joint venture television company airing in the United States. The company was founded January 26, 2006, in a deal made between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment. Both companies currently hold a 50% stake in the broadcasting company. The network currently airs six out of seven days a week airing most of the US' longest running shows. The CW currently holds the broadcasting rights to both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, with The Vampire Diaries generating a total of 4.9 million viewers during Pilot.
Several features were active on CW's site.
- Bite Sized (inactive)
- Bloodlines Revealed (inactive)
- Bitten by... A fresh new artist (inactive)
- Inside The Vampire Diaries (inactive)
- Mystic Diaries (inactive)
- The Vampire Diaries Rehash (inactive)
- The Vampire Diaries Stakeout (inactive)
- The Originals Secrets from the Quarter (inactive)
- The Originals: Quick Cut (inactive)
- Appointed in 2011, the current president is Mark Pedowitz.
- Mark Pedowitz announced that The Originals would not make The CW's fall schedule due to lack of time.