|“||You know there's something else out there, right? I mean there has to be. Silas' whole agenda was to find peace with his one true love. And whatever peace is, it's out there.||”|
— Lexi about The Bright World
The Bright World is a supernatural dimension of peace and the ultimate destination one takes in the afterlife. It is a beautiful realm populated by every soul, both human and non-human, that has successfully found peace.
The Bright World is considered a "heaven" due to its similarity to the pleasant afterlife that is believed to exist by many religions. However, contrary to the religious belief that only saintly souls are allowed into heaven, it has been proven that this is not the case. While some deserving characters such as Lexi Branson, Jenna Sommers and Sheila Bennett were in fact welcomed into The Bright World, many undeserving characters, who were known to have committed malevolent deeds, were also said to have found peace such as Esther Mikaelson and Dahlia.
- The Bright World is a term coined from the fact that every character who was shown to enter this world was engulfed by an extremely bright light.
- Contrary to popular belief, the Bright World is not exclusive to benevolent souls. According to Lexi Branson, anyone can find peace once they have atoned for their sins and let go of whatever it is that is preventing them from moving on. This was proven when Silas (one of the most sinister villains within The Vampire Diaries universe) said that he could find peace in the Bright World with his true love Amara, in spite of his dark and murderous actions. However, after the discovery that Amara was alive, Silas lost his desire to find peace, thus leading to his imprisonment on the Other Side.
- It is unknown if the spirits that have been dragged into Hell (the polar opposite of the Bright World) are still able to find peace and possibly transfer into the Bright World, or if their residency in Hell is permanent.
- ↑ Emily's Absence Explained Julie intended for her to appear with the other Bennett witches, confirming that, after the collapse of the Other Side, she found peace.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_rXQ2eRn4
- ↑ Deleted scene approved by Admin
- ↑ In There in the Disappearing Light, Vincent states that the Ancestors, once freed, will know Peace.