Telepathy is the ability to enter the mind of another to read and control them. This is an ability that is most distinctly possessed by Immortals. What differs telepathy from ordinary compulsion is its all encompassing nature to influence all species (with the exception of Supernatural Hunters of the Five) due to an Immortal's advanced mental strength.
List of Users
- Vampires/Old Ones (in general)
- Kitsune (in general)
List of Uses
Having the power of telepathy allows the user to (but (depending on how powerful the user) not limited to) do the following:
- Mind Reading: Telepathy allows the user to read anyone's thoughts with only the use of psychological thought and will. Similarly, they are able to transmit information and project their thoughts onto others. Normally, this has a limited range and works with a tactile fashion to search through the minds of others and see their memories and experiences.
- Illusions: Telepathy allows the user to create realistic illusions. They can cast illusions from a distance to trick the minds of others into seeing/feeling things that aren't actually happening.
- Dream Manipulation: Telepathy allows the user to control dreams and the subconscious mind. It can be used to produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares and lucid dreaming, distort people's perception of reality and trap someone in their dreams.
- Mind Control: Limited to Immortals, their telepathy allows them to control, project and change the decisions and thoughts of other with only the use of the user's own mind. It is similar to mind compulsion except that it can work at a large range and on multiple minds.
- Psychic Pain Infliction: Similar to witches with their pain infliction spells, immortals are able to inflict illusory psychic pain on their victims, as shown when Silas attacked Klaus and Caroline with it. By extension of this power, Silas was also able to make Bonnie think she was suffocating to death by inflicting the same kind of illusory pain.