|“||When your mother asked for my blood, I...I had no idea of the monster it would make you.||”|
Tatia was a member of the Petrova Family.
During the Middle Ages, Tatia lived in a small village with a child and a husband. However he died in battle but instead of throwing herself on his funeral pyre as expected of a Viking widow, she instead decided to move on and try to find love again. Later in time, she met both Elijah and Niklaus, both of whom fell in love with her. However she eventually chose Elijah. Esther, the mother of Elijah and Niklaus, used her in the spell to create the Original Vampires, with her blood as part of the wine laced with blood Mikael had given his children.
When Klaus had activated his werewolf gene and became a hybrid he went on a rampage in wolf form. When he awoke the following morning he was tended to by Elijah unbeknownst to them Tatia had followed them to see what happened. Seeing all the carnage created by Klaus she ran from them in fear and was pursued by Elijah. She had tripped and fell while trying to flee and cut her hand. The blood made Elijah lose control and attack her. She tried to defend herself but was no match and was killed. Elijah brought her corpse to a shocked Esther who used her blood as part of the spell used to bind Klaus's werewolf side, which resulted in Klaus's werewolf gene being dormant. Elijah then repressed the memory of how she actually died believing he had compelled not killed her in the woods and that Esther killed her when performing the hybrid curse.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries
Tatia was mentioned by both Klaus and Elijah during the second season. The first reference of her was presented in the episode Klaus, where Elijah was introduced to Katerina Petrova. Elijah says, "I'm sorry, you remind me of someone." In the same episode, Niklaus tells Elijah about "love" being a vampire's biggest weakness when Elijah tells Klaus about having feelings, caring and humanity. Klaus says that vampires do not feel and they do not care but then Elijah mentions about Tatia by saying "We did once" to which Klaus replies by saying "It`s too many lifetimes ago to matter."
In Bringing Out The Dead, Niklaus and Elijah reveal about their past with Tatia. They both reveal that they loved her and fought for her. Every man desired to be her suitor even though she already had a child by another man. It is also revealed that it was her blood which was laced in the wine they drank before getting killed by Mikael and leading to the creation of The Originals. She doesn't have an flashback appearance.
Silas and other characters make reference to that all doppelgängers (except Elena Gilbert and Stefan Salvatore) have died. It was indicated by Markos later in the season that Tatia was deceased, because Elena and Stefan were the last remaining doppelgangers living following the death of the last remaining Silas doppelganger.
Throughout The Originals
She was described as the most pure out of all the Petrova doppelgängers.
Tatia was a beautiful young woman with an oval face, almond-shaped brown eyes, and smooth, long dark brown hair which has many braids in it. Her height was about 5'7" and she had a slim, slightly athletic physique. Tatia was exactly physically identical to her distant ancestor Amara, and her descendents Katerina Petrova and Elena Gilbert. In The Reckoning, Rebekah said to Elena that the first doppleganger (Tatia) was much prettier. Tatia's hair as fans have noted its as reminisces of Jack Sparrow's hairstyle.
- Elijah and Tatia (Former Lovers)
- Klaus and Tatia (Former Romantic Interests/He was in love with her)
- Tatia is of Russian and Latin Origin, and the meaning is "founder".
- The Ancient Roman form Tatius is the male verison of Tatia which both the Latin and Russian forms Tatianus and Tatiana are variations of.
- Other spellings and variations of the name Tatia include Tata, Tatania, Tatanya, Tateana, Tati, Tatianna, Tatie, Tatihana, Tatiyana, Tatjana, Tatyana, Tiatiana.
- In Bringing Out The Dead, Elijah Mikaelson mentioned that they met Tatia after they moved to the new world. That indicates that she was born in the new world.
- She is the fifth character that Nina Dobrev played in the series.
- She is also the fourth doppelgänger that Nina played.
- Her blood was used as part of Klaus's hybrid curse, which Esther had put on him and it was her blood which was used in the creation of the Original Vampires.
- Tatia unlike Katherine was a married woman when she had her child.
- Tatia, like Elena Gilbert, was born in the area of the town that became Mystic Falls.
- They are the only Petrova doppelgangers who were born in Mystic Falls.
- Esther used Tatia's blood to turn her family into vampires. She later used the same method using Elena's blood to turn Alaric into an Original.
- It is most likely she either found peace or was sucked into oblivion when the Other Side collapsed.
- It was Mentioned in Red Door that she was a widow. Her husband could possibly have been a doppelganger of Silas.
- If her husband was a doppelganger of Silas, it would signify that none of the Originals know him (they would know that Stefan is a doppelganger too).
- She was aware of Magic evidently because she knew that her blood was going to be used in a spell.
- Tatia didn't realize the dark magic used when Esther asked for some of her blood would turn Elijah into a monster and she was afraid of him. This after coming across the remains of all the villagers that were killed by Klaus' first transformation into a wolf.
- Tatia and Elena Gilbert share some similarities.
- She was killed by Elijah but Esther took the blame, to save her son.
- Elijah and Klaus both hated Esther because they thought she killed her.
- Tatia is one of two Doppelgangers to only appear in two episodes in the series. The other is Tom Avery.
- Unlike Tom, however, Tatia's second appearance is only brief, and is archived footage from Red Door.
- Tatia is the only known doppelgänger in the series to not make a modern day appearance.
- Since her doppelgangers Katherine and Elena are both born in the month of June, it could be assumed that Tatia is also born in the same month as them.