|“||Mmm, aren't you a clever girl? It's a shame. I suppose your little one would have had the same smarts...||”|
This child was a member of the Salvatore Family.
This unborn child was conceived in 1863 when Stefan and Valerie met. Afterwards, Valerie was going to leave her "family", the Heretics, and come back to Mystic Falls to tell Stefan about her pregnancy and also because she promised she would come back. Before she could board a ship, she was stopped by Julian and he mentions that he can hear two heartbeats. He then proceeded to kick Valerie in the stomach senseless, which caused Valerie to lose the baby.
It is later revealed by Valerie that she tried to save the baby, but since she did not have an entire coven, she didn't succeed in saving it.
She then killed herself and due having Lily's blood in her system she became the first vampire-witch hybrid.
- Age of Innocence (Mentioned)
- Live Through This (Mentioned)
- Best Served Cold (Stefan's Dream/Mentioned)
- Mommie Dearest (Mentioned)
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Mentioned)
- Postcards from the Edge (Mentioned)
In Stefan's dream, the child looked exactly like his father, with short dark, brown hair and brown eyes. He wore the clothes that young men wore back in the 1860s, with it a light, brown coat and a dress shirt.
Powers and Abilities
The child, only if it was born, would possess all the standard powers and abilities of a witch.
- Like Freya Mikaelson's unborn son, this child was killed in the womb.
- Similar to Desperate Housewives (a former ABC prime time series) tact of showing the main actors/actresses deceased children. Stefan dreamt about his 11 year old son named Jacob in a hypothetical dream.
- If Valerie hadn't miscarried, he would've been a distant descendant of Silas, who was a very powerful Traveler warlock and the son of Valerie Tulle, who is a Siphoner witch. Both of those groups of witches (The Travelers, Siphoners) were enemies of the Gemini Coven.