- Matt will get a love interest in the sixth season. 
- We're going to try something in Season 6 that we've been percolating on that I think will really help Matt's storyline,"
- Caroline has her eye on someone new in the romance department. "She's got a little relationship/crush/feelings for someone that will creep up to the surface and that is going to cause potential rifts between her and and one of her friends," Dries teased, prompting Caroline to push that aside. "It's a little under the surface, and moving into season six, we're going to see her actually set her sights on someone and make the move."
- Marcel could visit Mystic Falls. 
- Are you plotting for season 6 to be the final season, or is that not on your radar yet? No. It’s not on our radar yet. You could ask 10 different people that question and you’d get 10 different answers, in terms of how long the life of the show is. Warner Bros. would say, “17 seasons!” And I think I would say, “Seven!” [Laughs] Presumably we’ll land somewhere closer to my wishes or theirs, depending on the circumstances.
- "We're trying to take the show away from the massive genre extravaganza where each season we try to top each other with the bigger, bad, more exciting mythologies and boil it back down to the beginning, which is tension, suspense, romance, psychological horror, simple horror, vampires living in secret, people discovering their secret and coming after them," Plec promises. "Our heroes who have splintered off need to find their way back to each other emotionally and geographically as they fight to restore order to their home so they can actually return and not be scattered for good." 
- A new rivalry? We are very excited about Alaric’s return and plan to incorporate him in Elena’s life, hoping to give a type of parental touchstone to her... Enzo, as we left him, is still a bit of a loose canon wild thing and I can’t wait until the two butt heads.
- A different Caroline? The feelings behind [her] feelings [for Stefan] are something we get to explore in season 6 as we watch how her relationship with Stefan plays out. Any time we turn a character dark it’s fun because it’s a change of pace for the writers, actors and viewers.
- The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 - Extras Casting Call VAMPIRE DIARIES (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY) is looking for extras to work Friday, July 18th in Decatur, GA. No call time yet, but expect early morning to late afternoon. Please be prepared to work a minimum of 10-12hrs. MUST HAVE FULL AVAILABILITY FOR FRIDAY. [FOOTBALL PLAYERS] males with REAL PLAY EXPERIENCE (please note your position), all ethnicities, 18-32 [STUDENTS] male and female, all ethnicities, 18-32 [ALUMNI/FACULTY] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55[COACHES] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55
- How long will it be before we find out where Damon and Bonnie have been and presumably when they'll be back?
Julie Plec: The answer of what happened is part of the season-long mythology, but the mystery of where they are is going to be asked very quickly and answered soon enough to not be frustrating.
- TVLINE | I have to ask: Is there a chance Damon and Bonnie will like where they are? Is it almost heaven-like? Ooh, well… I can tell you this: Where they are is part of the mystery of the beginning of the season. It’s not torturous, but it’s by no means a roller coaster ride of fun. If nothing else, it’s a bit of an existential experience
- spoilers from comic con magazine:we will learn more about luke and livs coven and their goals, alaric, tyler and matt might get new love interests
- As for Tyler, Plec adds, "Tyler is back to being a guy with a werewolf curse. He's been down this road, and it's really difficult [and] he's got testosterone and machismo, so how does he keep himself together? He'll find help in some fun sources."
- Any spoilers on The Vampire Diaries‘ Delena y’all can share would be delightful! What can Delena fans look forward to season 6? — Margarita Considering that Damon is stuck, well, wherever he is, getting back to Elena isn’t going to be easy. However, when my colleague Samantha Highfill asked executive producer Caroline Dries about potential Delena flashbacks to hold the fans over, she promised there will be something for the ‘shippers. “I’ve been getting all of these hate messages like, ‘You think you can do a season without Delena? You’re crazy,’” Dries says. “The fans have nothing to worry about. We know what we’re doing. Nobody’s going to abandon any love triangle. Everything will be fine. There will be plenty of Delena goodness for people.” So now the question is: Will it involve rain?
- But fret not, Damon and Bonnie are not gone from the show forever, as Julie Plec told us, "You'll see enough of them to make you happy and more as it goes along. They are by no means going to be off the air for six episodes. The mystery is where are they, what happened, are they dead, not dead, and what the **** are they going to do together, those two of all people?"
- Any word on how long until Damon’s back in Mystic Falls on The Vampire Diaries? — Jenna Since Mystic Falls is still being cloaked by the Travelers’ spell that will kill any vampire who steps foot in town, probably not anytime soon. However, Damon could actually come face-to-face with someone in the land of the living fairly quickly. (And no, that’s not counting Elena using some witchy drug to hallucinate him.) Ian Somerhalder teased that brother bonding isn’t far off. “I had some really great scenes with Paul [Wesley] not too long ago, like last week,” he says. “You definitely see some great stuff with those boys. It’s good when they’re not at one another’s throats.” So unless Stefan joins Elena’s drug trip, it sounds like we could have a Salvatore reunion within the first batch of episodes.
- Sadly, romance won't be in the air for Stefan, who "doesn't have the emotional energy for a relationship." And even when he is ready, he's still "a typical guy who just sees Caroline as a friend." Bonnie and Damon's whereabouts will unfold "slowly" as they continue to "get on each other's nerves like an old married couple We'll also learn more about Liv and Luke's "dark past" and "destiny," which will reveal why they came to Whitmore College. BONUS SPOILER | Elena will try to set up Caroline with her new pre-med buddy Liam (Maro James), as she thinks they're "the perfect match."
- Any Damon-Elena scoop on The Vampire Diaries? — Meredith
Until the duo is reunited — which doesn't seem likely to happen for a while — there isn't much to tease on that front. On the other hand, the tension between Caroline and Stefan will come to a head early on when our favorite blonde finally confronts him about her feelings — and Elena overhears the whole thing! Even though Nina Dobrev told us Elena would be all "awko-taco" about a Stefan-Caroline pairing, you'll still be surprised by her reaction.
- On The Vampire Diaries this season, will we be meeting the leader of Luke and Liv’s coven? –Tom We’ll learn a lot more about the Wonder Twins in Season 6, but before we meet their mysterious leader, we’ll first discover what said coven is all about. “It’s linked heavily into the deeper mythology of the show this season,” executive producer Caroline Dries says. “Once we start understanding why the heck we’re at Whitmore and what their coven is all about, we’ll really understand their plight in life and how it affects our characters.”
- Teddy1308: Any chance Stefan and Caroline might be a thing this season on The Vampire Diaries? Do you want the bad news or the terrible news? The bad news is that there's no plan in sight for any kind of Stefan/Caroline romance. The worse news is that their frienship might be Kaputzville too! At least, that's what's up for the beginning of the season, according to the show's Big Boss Momma Bossy Pants (that's not her real titlem and she is anything but bossy), Julie Plec, who tells me: "Caroline isn't going to let Stefan off the hook very easily. In fact, his determination to move on and start a new life after the loss of his brother may ultimately ruin the friendship he's built with her over the years." So. Not Cool. Unless you are a Klaus and Caroline or Tyler and Caroline shipper, at which point you are probably chanting "nanny nanny boo boo" right now.
- Aside from the Damon of it all, fans can expect to see more flirty banter between Enzo and Caroline. "We'll continue to have that dynamic between the two," Dries said, before revealing one person Enzo won't be able to charm: Matt Donovan. "They will not be the best of friends," she teased.
- The Vampire Diaries‘ Stefan and Caroline make an awesome friendship, so it’s very disappointing that rumors say they will become romantically involved. Is there any hope that they can remain platonic? –Scarlett For what it’s worth, whatever might be blooming between the two will evolve slowly, given their respective track records. “We’re just seeing layers of it,” says exec producer Caroline Dies. “I think Caroline’s not even realizing how deep her feelings are. She just feels hurt and lied to and ignored [by Stefan, who's not returning her calls].” Mr. Salvatore meanwhile ” can’t even process or fathom the idea of another heavy, emotional connection. In his brain, he hasn’t even opened up his mind to the notion of dating someone or being with someone, actually having a true romance with someone. So it’s a very slow build for them.”
- I saw a Vampire Diaries clip where Tyler and Liv share a look. Is there something there? — Kim That depends what you mean by “something.” If you’re referring to chemistry, then the answer is yes. “They’re going to be part of each other’s story lines,” executive producer Caroline Dries hints. “[She’s] helping him through his resisting, basically, of indulging his rage.”
- Alaric and Enzo Plec says that although Enzo (Michael Malarkey) can be charming, she hints that he will more likely piss Alaric off.
- No more doppelgängers ever. OK. That's not exactly true, but I asked about the rather muddled web of doppelgängers, which at least theoretically was relieved by last season's climax. For now, Dries was reassuring."I just finished Episode 10. We haven't said it once in 10 episodes," Dries said. "In the writers' room sometimes we'll be like, "Ugh. Maybe this is a doppelgänger thing' and like, 'Nope. Don't say that word. Somebody think of a different idea.' We've been pretty diligent about that. And I'm pretty sure if we say it, it's just to make fun of it. I really am proud of actually the whole doppelgänger thing, but I get it. It's like, 'We did that story, so moving on...'"
- Who can speak a language Matt Donovan can understand? The Maytag Man can. "Eureka" star Colin Ferguson, most recently seen as pitchman for Maytag, appears in the premiere as Tripp, leader of a local watch group that gives Matt something to do with his time, what with the absence of immediate threats on his life."He came about because we wanted to show Matt thriving in Mystic Falls without supernaturals," Dries said of Ferguson's character. "Every episode Matt is having his life in jeopardy or somebody's threatening to kill him or something. So it's like, 'What's Matt's life like when he can just not have to have a death threat every five minutes.' We kinda wanted to give him a father figure-type, coach kinda guy, so that's where Trip came out of. But it's Mystic Falls, 'The Vampire Diaries,' no everyone is who they say they wanna be, but he'll ultimately become kinda an interesting, layered dynamic character that's not necessarily a good guy or a bad guy. He actually represents I think like a normal person if you're not in love with Damon or Stefan, like a normal person's point-of-view on the whole vampire world."
- You probably care about the love stories. Don't worry. Things continue. Well, Damon's off in the Wherever He Is. And Stefan's got his own issues. But Dries offered reassurance that "Vampire Diaries" will not be without romance."I can tease that we definitely keep the love stories alive," she said. "We might not play it out in a tradition way, but they will feel very satisfying. You'll have your moments of frustration where the fans hate us and then we'll have moments where they're freaking out and being thankful, so there's kinda like that push-and-pull that we do, but I think it's done in a way that feels fresh for a show that's in Season 6 and has had the same characters and this love triangle for a long time."
- She added, "I don't really call it a triangle, because Stefan has become more of a soul-friend of Elena's and so he's dealing with his own stuff, but those two are still very connected, but it's more 'How do we maintain Elena and Damon's love story while he's not present?' So that was our challenge as writers, but I think we do a cool job of it."But what about Stefan and Caroline?"It's a very slow build for them," Dries promised.
- There's a new bad guy coming. Well duh."He is just like a crazy person and he's super-fun to write and the actor's name is Chris Wood," Dries said. "He's very charismatic and charming and psychotic and likable and unlikable in all the right ways, you get to meet him in a few episodes and he's gonna stick around for a while, hopefully."
- With the loss of Damon and Bonnie at the end of last year, were you all at all worried about the show feeling too dark when it returns? We’re trying to be true to people’s individual feelings without having it be the season of depressive grief and loss. Nobody really wants to see that. I think what will be fun to see is that some of our characters have really blossomed in the interim, whether they’ve just decided to sort of take life by the horns and make the best out of it and have really come into their own, and some characters are pretending very well to be coping. But as we peel back those layers of their journey a little bit, we’ll see that maybe they’re struggling a bit more than we think. There’s a nice combination of all different scenarios.
- In terms of Damon, I so loved his speech in the finale about peaking. He seemed at peace, so my question is, is he going to want to come back after coming to terms with leaving in such a beautiful way? I think Damon believed— in that moment, as his life was ending—that he had lived the life that he wanted and gotten what he wanted. Without explaining too much about the mystery of where he is, he didn’t end up where he thought he was going to be—whether that was, in his mind, hell, heaven, or some like warped dimension of Damon doppelgangers. Where he ended up is so surprising and so strange and mysterious, even to Damon himself that it becomes about 1) figuring out where they are, and 2) how do they get out of it? And those drives are triggered by, “Hey, if there’s a chance I can get back home and get back to my girl, then that’s what I want. Get back to my girl and get back to my brother.”
- Will the Damon-Bonnie mystery be solved by the first chapter of the season? The mystery of where they are is an ongoing presence throughout the whole season, but trying to figure out what the heck they’re going to do about getting home is the crux of our first chapter.
- What is Alaric's biggest obstacle? It's not what you think. After being resurrected from the Other Side, the vampire hunter-turned-vampire sets up shop as a Whitmore College professor of occult studies (of course), a class Elena happens to be enrolled in. But it's his rustiness in the romance department that gives him the most trouble acclimating to being a part of the living. "One of the problems he's going to be facing is how to go on a normal date and be a normal guy again," Dries said, adding that Alaric will have a lot of "emotional baggage" and "internalizes" . That's where Elena's new doctor mentor, Jo (Jodi Lyn O'Keefe), comes into play. "She's going to bring that side out of him," Dries hinted.
- Will Caroline be successful in stripping Mystic Falls of the magic-free spell? Caroline is on a mission to strip Mystic Falls of the supernatural-free zone the town is currently under, thanks to the Travelers. "She's going to keep trying. It's more of a symbolic thing for her and less of a plot drive," Dries said. There was some thought given to making it a substantial part of the story, complete with witches and such, but ultimately opted to use it as a metaphor "for what they can't have: the ability to go home and be together." Though Mystic Falls is magic-free for now, Dries hinted that "there is a future" where the supernatural will return to the town.
- How will Damon and Elena's love story be retained? With Damon and Elena on separate paths at the start of the season, Dries reassured that their love story will be felt throughout even without Damon's immediate presence among the living. "We definitely keep the love stories alive. We might not play it out in a traditional way but they will feel very satisfying," Dries said. "You'll have your moments of frustration where the fans hate us and then we'll have moments where they're freaking out and being thankful, so there's that push and pull that we do. It's done in a way that feels fresh for a show that's in season six and have had the same characters in this love triangle for a long time." While she admitted that "maintaining Elena and Damon's love story while he's not present" has been "a challenge," "I think we do a cool job of it."
- Is the doppelganger spell broken? Dries revealed that in the first 10 episodes of the season, the D-word (that's doppelganger) hasn't been used once. "We've been pretty diligent about that and I am pretty sure if we say it, it's to make fun of it."
- However, don’t expect Damon and Bonnie’s situation to be devoid of fun. “You never really get to see these two together because they do have a lot of fun together,” he said. “Damon’s a goofy man. He likes to have fun, and Bonnie doesn’t take s–t from anyone anymore. She’s just been hammered for years by all these sort of supernatural elements and she just doesn’t take it anymore. It’s awesome.”And yes, some Bamon bonding will come as a result of their time together. “They definitely find some bonding time,” he said. “At the end of the day, even if they truly appear to hate one another, I mean, these two individuals have gone through a lot together.”As for Damon’s drive to get back to Elena, Somerhalder says, “He’ll go through every length to make that happen. It’s a driving force in his life. Damon doesn’t give a sh– about very much except his home, his brother, and his girl.”
- Elena is also getting a new love interest.
- Are Bonnie and Damon really stuck in the '90s on The Vampire Diaries? — Lindy Well, if the music and Damon's outfit didn't clue you in, the '90s song-inspired episode titles have been hinting at it for weeks! But don't worry about Bonnie and Damon. Despite suffering some I Am Legend-caliber boredom, they've become like an old married couple: cooking, grocery shopping, even doing crossword puzzles to pass the time. They'll snap out of it, though, and back into action at the first glimmer of hope for a return to Mystic Falls.
- Some information on what to expect this season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxDFgfgzChk8