- Matt will get a love interest in the sixth season. 
- We're going to try something in Season 6 that we've been percolating on that I think will really help Matt's storyline,"
- Dries revealed that the writers are already plotting season six "Season six will be a lot of bringing people back together," she teased, "and picking up the pieces."
- Caroline has her eye on someone new in the romance department. "She's got a little relationship/crush/feelings for someone that will creep up to the surface and that is going to cause potential rifts between her and and one of her friends," Dries teased, prompting Caroline to push that aside. "It's a little under the surface, and moving into season six, we're going to see her actually set her sights on someone and make the move."
- Any chance for another crossover with The Originals before the end of the season? I don’t think we have anything in the works right now. There’s something special we’re trying to do, but I don’t know if it’s going to pan out, so I won’t spoil it.
- Marcel could visit Mystic Falls. 
- Are you plotting for season 6 to be the final season, or is that not on your radar yet? No. It’s not on our radar yet. You could ask 10 different people that question and you’d get 10 different answers, in terms of how long the life of the show is. Warner Bros. would say, “17 seasons!” And I think I would say, “Seven!” [Laughs] Presumably we’ll land somewhere closer to my wishes or theirs, depending on the circumstances.
- "We're trying to take the show away from the massive genre extravaganza where each season we try to top each other with the bigger, bad, more exciting mythologies and boil it back down to the beginning, which is tension, suspense, romance, psychological horror, simple horror, vampires living in secret, people discovering their secret and coming after them," Plec promises. "Our heroes who have splintered off need to find their way back to each other emotionally and geographically as they fight to restore order to their home so they can actually return and not be scattered for good." 
- Where have they set up shop temporarily since Mystic Falls is a no-fly zone at the moment?Where are they living? What are they doing? How are they acting? And how are they going to find a solution to this circumstance that the Travelers created for them. It seems fairly permanent. With the time jump, they've had to come to terms that it is permanent. Who's going to fix that problem and how?
- Can you go home again? The anti-magic boundary will continue to play a role moving forward as we begin to explore this notion of what it means to go home again… we’ll see the effects exile has had on everyone and see that everyone is handling it differently and personal journeys will form. Some will be fighting for a way to save their home, others have given up or moved on or found peace with it.
- A new rivalry? We are very excited about Alaric’s return and plan to incorporate him in Elena’s life, hoping to give a type of parental touchstone to her... Enzo, as we left him, is still a bit of a loose canon wild thing and I can’t wait until the two butt heads.
- A different Caroline? The feelings behind [her] feelings [for Stefan] are something we get to explore in season 6 as we watch how her relationship with Stefan plays out. Any time we turn a character dark it’s fun because it’s a change of pace for the writers, actors and viewers.
- The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 - Extras Casting Call VAMPIRE DIARIES (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY) is looking for extras to work Friday, July 18th in Decatur, GA. No call time yet, but expect early morning to late afternoon. Please be prepared to work a minimum of 10-12hrs. MUST HAVE FULL AVAILABILITY FOR FRIDAY. [FOOTBALL PLAYERS] males with REAL PLAY EXPERIENCE (please note your position), all ethnicities, 18-32 [STUDENTS] male and female, all ethnicities, 18-32 [ALUMNI/FACULTY] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55[COACHES] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55
- How long will it be before we find out where Damon and Bonnie have been and presumably when they'll be back?
Julie Plec: The answer of what happened is part of the season-long mythology, but the mystery of where they are is going to be asked very quickly and answered soon enough to not be frustrating.
- What coping mechanisms will Elena from The Vampire Diaries be using to deal with the fact she lost Damon (seemingly) forever? –Ana It sounds like she’ll be burying her nose in the books, of the medical stripe. As indicated by a flurry of recent castings – and likely a pure coincidence now that TVD has Grey’s Anatomy as a time slot rival — “When we come back, we’ll see that Elena is actively pursuing a degree in pre-med,” show boss Julie Plec told us. “She’s a smart girl, and Elena’s father was a doctor, so she’s trying to figure out how to help people and save people, just as her family did.” And merely as an added bonus, “We’ll meet some hot young pre-med guys and sexy doctors” as she does so.
- TVLINE | Is she pulling herself together? What can you say about Elena’s mental state in Season 6? She’s trying, and I won’t necessarily say she’s succeeding. She’s got some complicated coping mechanisms that are making her be things and do things and act in ways that we wouldn’t normally expect from her.
- TVLINE | I have to ask: Is there a chance Damon and Bonnie will like where they are? Is it almost heaven-like? Ooh, well… I can tell you this: Where they are is part of the mystery of the beginning of the season. It’s not torturous, but it’s by no means a roller coaster ride of fun. If nothing else, it’s a bit of an existential experience
- spoilers from comic con magazine: jeremy takes bonnies death hard and how elena handles bonnie and damons death is suprising and interesting, tyler, jeremy and matt can stay in mystic falls because of the magic free thing, enzo will cause chaos and irritate stefan, we will learn more about luke and livs coven and their goals, alaric, tyler and matt might get new love interests and might get new villians.
- Loved all the Damon-Elena scoop, but what about my boys Matt and Tyler on The Vampire Diaries? Our favorite quarterback is doing just fine. "He misses his friends, but he's dealing with his grief in his own way [and] he's channeling it into something very positive by getting involved in the community and really trying to make something of himself," executive producer Julie Plec says. "So he's thriving, ironically, in the absence of the supernatural elements in Mystic Falls." As for Tyler, Plec adds, "Tyler is back to being a guy with a werewolf curse. He's been down this road, and it's really difficult [and] he's got testosterone and machismo, so how does he keep himself together? He'll find help in some fun sources."
- What is coming up for Caroline on The Vampire Diaries? — Cara, via Twitter It should come as no surprise that the most anal-retentive vampire will have specific thoughts on how to soldier through the finale's tragedies. "[She is] trying to hold the whole group together and is just, in her mind, failing miserably and really struggling," executive producer Julie Plec says. Her job will be made especially difficult when it comes to dealing with Stefan, who "reacts to Damon's loss in ways we wouldn't expect," Plec teases.
- Any spoilers on The Vampire Diaries‘ Delena y’all can share would be delightful! What can Delena fans look forward to season 6? — Margarita Considering that Damon is stuck, well, wherever he is, getting back to Elena isn’t going to be easy. However, when my colleague Samantha Highfill asked executive producer Caroline Dries about potential Delena flashbacks to hold the fans over, she promised there will be something for the ‘shippers. “I’ve been getting all of these hate messages like, ‘You think you can do a season without Delena? You’re crazy,’” Dries says. “The fans have nothing to worry about. We know what we’re doing. Nobody’s going to abandon any love triangle. Everything will be fine. There will be plenty of Delena goodness for people.” So now the question is: Will it involve rain?
- What to Expect: Elena will find a very different way to grieve the loss of her boyfriend (Damon) and best friend (Bonnie), who are...somewhere when season six picks up. "She's definitely not in a happy place but she has a very interesting, confusing, strange way with dealing with her grief," Nina Dobrev spilled. Instead of hitting the booze, she's going to be hitting the books! Elena will pick up a new major—pre-med—and will work as hard as she can to impress her new teacher. But fret not, Damon and Bonnie are not gone from the show forever, as Julie Plec told us, "You'll see enough of them to make you happy and more as it goes along. They are by no means going to be off the air for six episodes. The mystery is where are they, what happened, are they dead, not dead, and what the hell are they going to do together, those two of all people?"
- Any word on how long until Damon’s back in Mystic Falls on The Vampire Diaries? — Jenna Since Mystic Falls is still being cloaked by the Travelers’ spell that will kill any vampire who steps foot in town, probably not anytime soon. However, Damon could actually come face-to-face with someone in the land of the living fairly quickly. (And no, that’s not counting Elena using some witchy drug to hallucinate him.) Ian Somerhalder teased that brother bonding isn’t far off. “I had some really great scenes with Paul [Wesley] not too long ago, like last week,” he says. “You definitely see some great stuff with those boys. It’s good when they’re not at one another’s throats.” So unless Stefan joins Elena’s drug trip, it sounds like we could have a Salvatore reunion within the first batch of episodes.
- Four months after the Season 5 finale, Elena is still "grieving" Damon, but also "excelling in her pre-med program," executive producer Caroline Dries tells TVLine. Elena's new endeavor will also prove fruitful for Alaric, who will shack up with her mentor Jo. ("Love is in the air!") Sadly, romance won't be in the air for Stefan, who "doesn't have the emotional energy for a relationship." And even when he is ready, he's still "a typical guy who just sees Caroline as a friend." Bonnie and Damon's whereabouts will unfold "slowly" as they continue to "get on each other's nerves like an old married couple." Meanwhile, Tyler will embrace his "second chance" at humanity, but will discover "the rage is still inside him" and he can't run from it. As for Matt, he'll finally get to live in Mystic Falls without having to constantly watch his back. We'll also learn more about Liv and Luke's "dark past" and "destiny," which will reveal why they came to Whitmore College. BONUS SPOILER | Elena will try to set up Caroline with her new pre-med buddy Liam (Maro James), as she thinks they're "the perfect match."
- Any Damon-Elena scoop on The Vampire Diaries? — Meredith
Until the duo is reunited — which doesn't seem likely to happen for a while — there isn't much to tease on that front. On the other hand, the tension between Caroline and Stefan will come to a head early on when our favorite blonde finally confronts him about her feelings — and Elena overhears the whole thing! Even though Nina Dobrev told us Elena would be all "awko-taco" about a Stefan-Caroline pairing, you'll still be surprised by her reaction.
- On The Vampire Diaries this season, will we be meeting the leader of Luke and Liv’s coven? –Tom We’ll learn a lot more about the Wonder Twins in Season 6, but before we meet their mysterious leader, we’ll first discover what said coven is all about. “It’s linked heavily into the deeper mythology of the show this season,” executive producer Caroline Dries says. “Once we start understanding why the heck we’re at Whitmore and what their coven is all about, we’ll really understand their plight in life and how it affects our characters.”
- Teddy1308: Any chance Stefan and Caroline might be a thing this season on The Vampire Diaries? Do you want the bad news or the terrible news? The bad news is that there's no plan in sight for any kind of Stefan/Caroline romance. The worse news is that their frienship might be Kaputzville too! At least, that's what's up for the beginning of the season, according to the show's Big Boss Momma Bossy Pants (that's not her real titlem and she is anything but bossy), Julie Plec, who tells me: "Caroline isn't going to let Stefan off the hook very easily. In fact, his determination to move on and start a new life after the loss of his brother may ultimately ruin the friendship he's built with her over the years." So. Not Cool. Unless you are a Klaus and Caroline or Tyler and Caroline shipper, at which point you are probably chanting "nanny nanny boo boo" right now.
- Lauren K.: So excited for The Vampire Diaries to come back, but bummed that I won't be able to see the Salvatore brothers together. Please tell me there is hope! Fret not, you will see share Paul and Ian share scenes together…in flashbacks! "There are flashbacks coming up," executive producer Caroline Dries spilled, but choosing not to reveal which year just yet. "But we will see an era we haven't seen before in flashbacks and it will help tie together a bunch of storylines." You can expect to see the Damon and Stefan-centric flashbacks in episode four.
- Aside from the Damon of it all, fans can expect to see more flirty banter between Enzo and Caroline. "We'll continue to have that dynamic between the two," Dries said, before revealing one person Enzo won't be able to charm: Matt Donovan. "They will not be the best of friends," she teased.
- The Vampire Diaries‘ Stefan and Caroline make an awesome friendship, so it’s very disappointing that rumors say they will become romantically involved. Is there any hope that they can remain platonic? –Scarlett For what it’s worth, whatever might be blooming between the two will evolve slowly, given their respective track records. “We’re just seeing layers of it,” says exec producer Caroline Dies. “I think Caroline’s not even realizing how deep her feelings are. She just feels hurt and lied to and ignored [by Stefan, who's not returning her calls].” Mr. Salvatore meanwhile ” can’t even process or fathom the idea of another heavy, emotional connection. In his brain, he hasn’t even opened up his mind to the notion of dating someone or being with someone, actually having a true romance with someone. So it’s a very slow build for them.”
- I saw a Vampire Diaries clip where Tyler and Liv share a look. Is there something there? — Kim That depends what you mean by “something.” If you’re referring to chemistry, then the answer is yes. “They’re going to be part of each other’s story lines,” executive producer Caroline Dries hints. “[She’s] helping him through his resisting, basically, of indulging his rage.” She’s talking about the rage that comes with Tyler’s werewolf-gene, of course, which will come out fairly quickly in the premiere.
- Some information on what to expect this season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxDFgfgzChk8