- Are you plotting for season 6 to be the final season, or is that not on your radar yet? No. It’s not on our radar yet. You could ask 10 different people that question and you’d get 10 different answers, in terms of how long the life of the show is. Warner Bros. would say, “17 seasons!” And I think I would say, “Seven!” [Laughs] Presumably we’ll land somewhere closer to my wishes or theirs, depending on the circumstances.
- "We're trying to take the show away from the massive genre extravaganza where each season we try to top each other with the bigger, bad, more exciting mythologies and boil it back down to the beginning, which is tension, suspense, romance, psychological horror, simple horror, vampires living in secret, people discovering their secret and coming after them," Plec promises. "Our heroes who have splintered off need to find their way back to each other emotionally and geographically as they fight to restore order to their home so they can actually return and not be scattered for good." 
- The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 - Extras Casting Call VAMPIRE DIARIES (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY) is looking for extras to work Friday, July 18th in Decatur, GA. No call time yet, but expect early morning to late afternoon. Please be prepared to work a minimum of 10-12hrs. MUST HAVE FULL AVAILABILITY FOR FRIDAY. [FOOTBALL PLAYERS] males with REAL PLAY EXPERIENCE (please note your position), all ethnicities, 18-32 [STUDENTS] male and female, all ethnicities, 18-32 [ALUMNI/FACULTY] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55[COACHES] male and female, all ethnicities, 30-55
- How long will it be before we find out where Damon and Bonnie have been and presumably when they'll be back?
Julie Plec: The answer of what happened is part of the season-long mythology, but the mystery of where they are is going to be asked very quickly and answered soon enough to not be frustrating.
- TVLINE | I have to ask: Is there a chance Damon and Bonnie will like where they are? Is it almost heaven-like? Ooh, well… I can tell you this: Where they are is part of the mystery of the beginning of the season. It’s not torturous, but it’s by no means a roller coaster ride of fun. If nothing else, it’s a bit of an existential experience
- spoilers from comic con magazine:we will learn more about luke and livs coven and their goals
- But fret not, Damon and Bonnie are not gone from the show forever, as Julie Plec told us, "You'll see enough of them to make you happy and more as it goes along. They are by no means going to be off the air for six episodes. The mystery is where are they, what happened, are they dead, not dead, and what the **** are they going to do together, those two of all people?"
- Sadly, romance won't be in the air for Stefan, who "doesn't have the emotional energy for a relationship." And even when he is ready, he's still "a typical guy who just sees Caroline as a friend." Bonnie and Damon's whereabouts will unfold "slowly" as they continue to "get on each other's nerves like an old married couple We'll also learn more about Liv and Luke's "dark past" and "destiny," which will reveal why they came to Whitmore College. BONUS SPOILER | Elena will try to set up Caroline with her new pre-med buddy Liam (Maro James), as she thinks they're "the perfect match."
- On The Vampire Diaries this season, will we be meeting the leader of Luke and Liv’s coven? –Tom We’ll learn a lot more about the Wonder Twins in Season 6, but before we meet their mysterious leader, we’ll first discover what said coven is all about. “It’s linked heavily into the deeper mythology of the show this season,” executive producer Caroline Dries says. “Once we start understanding why the heck we’re at Whitmore and what their coven is all about, we’ll really understand their plight in life and how it affects our characters.”
- No more doppelgängers ever. OK. That's not exactly true, but I asked about the rather muddled web of doppelgängers, which at least theoretically was relieved by last season's climax. For now, Dries was reassuring."I just finished Episode 10. We haven't said it once in 10 episodes," Dries said. "In the writers' room sometimes we'll be like, "Ugh. Maybe this is a doppelgänger thing' and like, 'Nope. Don't say that word. Somebody think of a different idea.' We've been pretty diligent about that. And I'm pretty sure if we say it, it's just to make fun of it. I really am proud of actually the whole doppelgänger thing, but I get it. It's like, 'We did that story, so moving on...'"
- You probably care about the love stories. Don't worry. Things continue. Well, Damon's off in the Wherever He Is. And Stefan's got his own issues. But Dries offered reassurance that "Vampire Diaries" will not be without romance."I can tease that we definitely keep the love stories alive," she said. "We might not play it out in a tradition way, but they will feel very satisfying. You'll have your moments of frustration where the fans hate us and then we'll have moments where they're freaking out and being thankful, so there's kinda like that push-and-pull that we do, but I think it's done in a way that feels fresh for a show that's in Season 6 and has had the same characters and this love triangle for a long time."
- She added, "I don't really call it a triangle, because Stefan has become more of a soul-friend of Elena's and so he's dealing with his own stuff, but those two are still very connected, but it's more 'How do we maintain Elena and Damon's love story while he's not present?' So that was our challenge as writers, but I think we do a cool job of it."But what about Stefan and Caroline?"It's a very slow build for them," Dries promised.
- Will the Damon-Bonnie mystery be solved by the first chapter of the season? The mystery of where they are is an ongoing presence throughout the whole season, but trying to figure out what the heck they’re going to do about getting home is the crux of our first chapter.
- Will Caroline be successful in stripping Mystic Falls of the magic-free spell? Caroline is on a mission to strip Mystic Falls of the supernatural-free zone the town is currently under, thanks to the Travelers. "She's going to keep trying. It's more of a symbolic thing for her and less of a plot drive," Dries said. There was some thought given to making it a substantial part of the story, complete with witches and such, but ultimately opted to use it as a metaphor "for what they can't have: the ability to go home and be together." Though Mystic Falls is magic-free for now, Dries hinted that "there is a future" where the supernatural will return to the town.
- Is the doppelganger spell broken? Dries revealed that in the first 10 episodes of the season, the D-word (that's doppelganger) hasn't been used once. "We've been pretty diligent about that and I am pretty sure if we say it, it's to make fun of it."
- In the episode, Bonnie (Kat Graham), Caroline (Candice Accola) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) return to their high school days in a flashback set in the show's first season in 2009. The scene will feature a big holiday gathering, and since we were on hand for the filming, we can promise an impressively festive set. Unfortunately, it's too soon to tell whether the girls are looking back on happier times or if Caroline and Elena are reminiscing about their long-gone best friend. But, if history has shown, the most joyful of Vampire Diaries events tend to end in a bloody massacre. (RIP Mayor Lockwood!)
- Some information on what to expect this season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxDFgfgzChk8