|This article needs your help!|
One of the most obvious characteristics of psychics and witches are their ability to cast spells; a spell being the word used to signify the means employed to carry out a magical action. A spell could consist of a ritual action, a set of words, a verse, or any combination of these. Although majority of the spells are spoken in the native language of the witch, some spells require the use of other languages, such as Latin.
Swearing with blood means they will have to stick to there word no matter what. Elena, Bonnie, and Meredith prick their thumbs and press them together. Bonnie and Meredith promise to keep Elena's plan to make Stefan hers a secret and do whatever she says in relation to Stefan. Elena promises not to rest until Stefan belongs to her.
This spell is performed to find out who you are going to marry. Bonnie's mother performed the ritual and an image of Bonnie's father appeared. A month later they were married.
Everything must be ready before midnight. Silently set the table with one glass, one plate, one set of silverware. Light a single candle in the candleholder in the center of the table. Stand behind the chair with the place setting.
At the stroke of midnight, pull back the chair and invite your future husband in. As the chair is pulled back the candle blows out and you will see a ghostly figure in the chair.
Elena performed this ritual and someone entered the house. Was it a coincidence or an indication of who she is meant to be with?
Bonnie, Meredith, and Elena concentrate on Stefan and stare into a candle. Bonnie closed her eyes and went into a trance like state. She could see and feel what Stefan was seeing and feeling. This helped them find and rescue Stefan. This is only one of the times Bonnie is able to go into a trance like state to communicate with both living and dead people.
This spell is done to make contact with someone when you do not know their exact location. Usually the items are collected beforehand.
- Must be done at midnight
- Draw a circle in chalk.
- Light a fire in an earth ware bowl.
- Behind the bowl light three candles.
- Stick a pin half way down the one in the center.
- Stir dried flakes of blood from the person you wish to summons into a wineglass of pure water.
- Drop three pinches of hair into the fire and then three drops of the stained water.
Repeat this chant three times
- Swift on the heel thou comest
- Thrice summoned by my spell,
- Thrice troubled by my burning.
- Come to me without delay.
Wait for the middle candle to burn down to the pin. This spell should result in a telepathic link to the person you are summoning. Bonnie used this spell to summon Stefan back to Fell's Church. Damon also returned. Was it because his hair and blood were mixed with Stefan's or by his own choice?
- ↑ Elena and Katherine in the tomb:
- Katherine's expression was dark again, and Elena felt an acid twinge of fear. "You killed Bonnie's dog, Yangtze," she said. It was a random guess, thrown out to divert Katherine, but it worked.
- "Yes! That was funny. You all came running out of the house and started moaning and crying…" Katherine evoked the scene in pantomime: the little dog lying in front of Bonnie's house, the girls rushing out to find his body. "He tasted bad, but it was worth it..."
- The Fury Chapter 14