Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet..
Season Two finds our heroes adjusting to a new status quo, with the very newly empowered werewolves controlling the city, Klaus struggles to adjust to new weaknesses, and Elijah is desperate to save Hayley, now a hybrid, from a vicious spiral of self-destruction.
THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec ("The Vampire Diaries", "Kyle XY", "Wasteland") and Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries", "Gossip Girl") are executive producers.
- Chapter I: The Esther Chapter (Ep. 201-209)
- This chapter deals with the newly empowered werewolves ruling New Orleans, and their moonlight rings weakening Klaus. Klaus along with Elijah, Hayley and Marcel, take down the Guerrera family, while Marcel is trying to build a new vampire army. However, our heroes have to confront the Mikaelson's mother, Esther, who has a dangerous plan for her children. With Kol and Finn by her side possessing the bodies of witches, and the werewolves under her control, Esther poses a dangerous threat to Klaus and Hayley's child, Hope. At the same time, Klaus is forced to confront his darkest fear, his father Mikael, resurrected from the dead under Davina's control, who is determined to continue his quest to kill Klaus.
- Chapter II: The Finn Chapter (Ep. 210-215)
- This chapter focuses on Finn and Mikael's alliance to destroy Klaus and his siblings, along with their allies, trying to cause a war between the vampires and werewolves. Meanwhile, when Kol is in trouble, hexed to die by Finn, Davina becomes desperate enough to team up with the Originals. As Finn plots revenge against his family, he is reunited with his older sister Freya, who escapes the witch asylum with Rebekah after Kol placed her spirit inside Eva Sinclair, a witch who was in the asylum. As Finn is defeated, Freya warns her siblings that their aunt Dahlia will come for Hope. To free her werewolves from Finn's control and gain an army to defend Hope, Hayley marries Jackson in the Unification Ceremony, allowing her pack access to her powers.
- Chapter III: The Dahlia Chapter (Ep. 216-222)
- This chapter begins as Eva Sinclair regains control over her own body from Rebekah, and prepares to do a dark ritual that grants her tremendous power, but she is soon stopped by the Originals, and her former husband Vincent. Dahlia comes to New Orleans with the intent of getting what she was promised over a millennium ago, Hope, a firstborn child like Freya. Niklaus and his family face off against her as she tries to take Hope for her power, wanting to become an immortal witch by channeling Hope's unique powers. In the war against Dahlia, secret alliances are made, such as Mikael and Klaus, deep betrayals occur that pit our heroes against each other, and tragic deaths and tragedies haunt our heroes before and after they win the war by killing Dahlia.
Season Two finds our heroes adjusting to a new status quo, with the newly empowered werewolves controlling the city and a myriad of unknown threats lurking. Though Klaus and Hayley have vowed to scorch the earth in order to make New Orleans a safe home for their daughter, Hope, they also have inner demons to battle. As she adjusts to life as a hybrid, Hayley experiences crippling rage and depression after saying goodbye to her daughter, and Klaus – who needs his strength now more than ever – finds himself regularly weakened as the werewolves use the moonlight rings forged in his blood. Elijah, finding himself isolated from his troubled family, sets out to destroy Francesca (guest star Peta Sergeant) and her traitorous werewolves, connecting with Marcel and his renewed vampire community in the process. Despite the dangerous climate of the city, Cami recommits to her studies and to pursuing the life she wanted before she met Klaus – but the werewolves in the Quarter aren’t the only enemies preventing New Orleans from any semblance of peace. Unknown to Klaus and Elijah, their ruthlessly devious parents have returned from the dead. Though their father, Mikael (guest star Sebastian Roché), is controlled by Davina’s magic, he remains ever-intent on killing Klaus – even if he has to go through Davina to do it. Elsewhere, their mother, Esther (guest star Alice Evans), inhabiting the body of a teenage witch, is fueled by a consuming and twisted love for her children as she devises a disturbing plan to reunite her fractured family – a plan that involves untold torment not only for the Original siblings, but for any and all of their loved ones.
Main Article: Antagonists in The Originals Season 2
- Francesca Guerrera
- Davina Claire
- Esther Mikaelson
- Kol Mikaelson
- Finn Mikaelson
- Eva Sinclair
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson (22/22)
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson (22/22)
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall (22/22)
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard (22/22)
- Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith (20/22)* / Finn Mikaelson (15/22)
- Danielle Campbell as Davina Claire (19/22) (archive footage only in 2x13)
- Leah Pipes as Camille O'Connell (16/22)
- Nathan Parsons as Jackson Kenner (14/22)
- Colin Woodell as Aiden (13/22) (corpse in 2x20)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Eva Sinclair/Rebekah Mikaelson (13/22)
- Daniel Sharman as Kaleb Westphall/Kol Mikaelson (12/22)
- Nishi Munshi as Gia (12/22)
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson (12/22)
- Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza (11/22)
- Sonja Sohn as Lenore (11/22) (voice in 2x08/archive footage body cameos in 2x11 & 2x13) / Esther (8/22)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (10/22) (archive footage body cameos in 2x11 & 2x13)
- Claudia Black as Dahlia (6/22)
- Chase Coleman as Oliver (6/22) (corpse in 2x07)
- Natalie Dreyfuss as Cassie (5/22) / Esther (3/22)
- Debra Mooney as Mary Dumas (5/22)
- Meg Foster as Josephine LaRue (5/22)
- Hayley McCarthy as Young Esther (5/22) (archive footage in 2x12 & 2x15)
- Alice Evans as Esther Mikaelson (3/22)
- Perry Cox as Young Eiijah (3/22) (archive footage in 2x09)
- Aiden Flowers (2/22) & Grayson Kennedy Hastings (1/22) as Young/Baby Klaus (3/22)
- Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson (2/22)
- Lloyd Owen as Ansel (2/22)
- Callie McClincy as Young Rebekah (2/22)
- Yohance Myles as Joe (2/22)
- Tanner Fontana as Nick (2/22)
- Voltaire Council (1/22) & Cade Weeks (1/22) as Young Finn (2/22)
- Peta Sergeant as Francesca Guerrera (1/22)
- Keri Lynn Pratt as Mary-Alice Claire (1/22)
- Aleeah Rogers as Astrid Malchance (1/22)
- McCarrie McCausland as Young Marcel (1/22)
- Adam Fristoe as Ruben Morris (1/22)
- Roman Spink as Young Kol (1/22)
- Isaiah Stratton as Young Mikael (1/22)
- Hannah-Bliss Carlton as Freya's illusion/ghost (1/22) (body double in 2x10)
Season Two - Episode Guide
|Rebirth||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre & Julie Plec||Director: Lance Anderson||October 6, 2014||#2x01|
|After months of being holed up inside his compound, Klaus enlists the help of Elijah and Marcel in plotting his revenge against the Guerrera werewolves, and vows to take down anyone who poses a threat to baby Hope’s existence. Elijah watches helplessly as Hayley spirals downward while mourning the loss of her daughter and struggling to adapt to her new hybrid status. Exiled by the Guerrera werewolves, who now control the French Quarter, Marcel is still reeling over the destruction of his vampire family, and attempts to rebuild his home with the help of Josh. Elsewhere, Cami, who is attempting to regain some normalcy in her life, seeks comfort in a surprising place. Last, Davina continues her plan to use Mikael against Klaus, but gets sidetracked when she meets the mysterious, yet charming Kaleb, who holds a few secrets of his own.
|Alive and Kicking||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Michael Narducci||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||October 13, 2014||#2x02|
|As tensions between Elijah and Hayley grow, Klaus steps in and encourages her to regain her position within her werewolf pack. Still under Davina’s control, Mikael grows impatient while she attempts to uncover a spell that would protect those closest to her. When Elijah turns to Marcel for help in tracking down a vital piece of information, he is forced to remember a time long ago when they were on better terms. Meanwhile, Davina and Kaleb find themselves in a dangerous situation when unexpected visitors show up and crash their dinner. Finally, Klaus grows suspicious after a meeting with Cassie doesn’t go as he had planned.
|Every Mother's Son||Writer: Christopher Hollier||Director: Dermott Downs||October 20, 2014||#2x03|
|When Klaus and Elijah receive a cryptic invitation to dinner from their mother Esther, who continues to inhabit the body of Harvest girl Cassie, they find themselves preparing for the worst. With the help of a new witch named Lenore, Klaus, Elijah and Hayley attempt to stay one step ahead of Esther, but things quickly take an unexpected turn. While Elijah finds himself reluctantly teaming up with Gia, a newly-turned vampire, Hayley is faced with an enticing proposition about her new status as a Hybrid after a startling encounter with Esther. Finally, Esther reveals a shocking secret about Klaus’ childhood and unveils her ultimate plan for her children.
|Live and Let Die||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||October 27, 2014||#2x04|
|Knowing that it’s only a matter of time before Klaus comes after them, Davina takes Mikael to her family cabin in the woods. When Hayley gets a tip that Vincent is recruiting young, unsuspecting teenagers in order to build a werewolf army, she enlists the help of Elijah and Marcel to rescue the group. After Cami inadvertently lets Klaus in on Davina’s whereabouts, she tags along in an attempt to truly understand the deeply rooted hatred he has for his parents. At his mother’s urging, Kaleb seeks out Davina in order to locate the missing white oak stake and is caught off guard when he has a dangerous encounter at the cabin. Lastly, Josh, who continues to struggle with his vampire identity, opens up to an unexpected ally.
|Red Door||Writer: Declan de Barra & Diane Ademu-John||Director: Michael Robison||November 3, 2014||#2x05|
|In order to show Elijah that her plan is what’s best for him, Esther forces him to relive a time long ago when he loved a young woman named Tatia (guest star Nina Dobrev). With the help of Marcel, Hayley is determined to find Elijah, who has gone missing, but is torn when she discovers that Klaus is also in trouble. Elsewhere, Cami finds herself in a dangerous situation when Mikael takes her hostage as a way to lure Klaus to him, and Davina makes an upsetting discovery about Kaleb’s true identity. Lastly, a violent confrontation ensues when Klaus comes face-to-face with Mikael.
|Wheel Inside the Wheel||Writer: Michael Russo & Michael Narducci||Director: Matt Hastings||November 10, 2014||#2x06|
|Fed up with her antics, Klaus becomes agitated and demands that Esther release Elijah, whom she has captured. However, Esther reveals a few dark secrets from Klaus’ past in an attempt to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Meanwhile, Oliver ends up in a dangerous situation, prompting Hayley to reconnect with Jackson, who has been living a new life out in the bayou. Elsewhere, Cami, who still believes baby Hope’s death was her fault, teams up with Marcel and Gia after she becomes suspicious of her faculty advisor Vincent. Lastly, in a surprising turn of events, Klaus comes face-to-face with a visitor from his past.
|Chasing the Devil’s Tail||Writer: Carina MacKenzie & Christopher Hollier||Director: Jesse Warn||November 17, 2014||#2x07|
|When Klaus discovers that Elijah has been afflicted by Esther’s magic, he heads to the bayou in search of an antidote, but quickly realizes he’s not alone. Armed with intel gathered by Aiden, Hayley teams up with him, Marcel, Cami and Josh and launches a plan to take down Finn by exploiting his one weakness. Meanwhile, with Esther determined to carry out her plan, Vincent and Kaleb are forced to reconsider their own strategies. Intrigued by Davina’s unwavering attempts to create an unlinking spell, Kol lets her in on some secrets from his past and brings her to a place he frequented in 1914.
|The Brothers That Care Forgot||Writer: Charlie Charbonneau & Michelle Paradise||Director: Michael A. Allowitz||November 24, 2014||#2x08|
|Rebekah, who has spent months away living a normal life with baby Hope, finds herself on the run when she realizes Esther has uncovered her whereabouts. Convinced that Vincent and Kaleb would be powerful allies in his fight to take down Esther, Klaus sets a plan in motion to turn his brothers against their mother. Meanwhile, Hayley is conflicted when she and Jackson stumble upon an ancient ritual that would get their werewolf packs out from under Esther’s control, but would require her to make a tremendous sacrifice. Elsewhere, Rebekah is concerned when she notices something is off with Elijah. Finally, Davina takes matters into her own hands by turning to dark magic, and Cami finds herself at the center of Esther’s dangerous plan.
|The Map of Moments||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre & Julie Plec||Director: Leslie Libman||December 8, 2014||#2x09|
|When Rebekah notices an unusual change in Elijah's behavior, she asks Klaus and Hayley to meet her at their safe house, reuniting them with baby Hope. After reliving memories of being the odd man out, Kol opens up to Davina about his resentment towards his siblings and sheds some light on a spell he created in 1914. Meanwhile, when Cami discovers Esther's plan will put her life in danger, she demands answers from Finn, who remains steadfast in his convictions. Elsewhere, Esther makes an unlikely alliance that could prove dangerous for Klaus, and Hayley makes a decision that could change her relationship with Elijah forever. Lastly, while Elijah continues to struggle with the lingering effects of being captured, Rebekah and Klaus devise a plan to take their mother down once and for all.
|Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Rob Hardy||January 19, 2015||#2x10|
|With Vincent on the loose and hell bent on revenge, Klaus brings Cami to the safe house as he and Hayley return to the compound. Hayley and Jackson devise a plan to bring the vampires and werewolves together to consider a truce, but tensions grow when Vincent places a spell on the compound, trapping the two sides together. Meanwhile, Elijah grows concerned when Rebekah fails to show up at the safe house, prompting Klaus to confront Kaleb for answers. Lastly, after accepting her mother’s offer to jump into a new body, Rebekah turns to former Harvest girl Cassie for help when she finds herself trapped inside an insane asylum.
|Brotherhood of the Damned||Writer: Diane Ademu-John |
|Director: Sylvain White||January 26, 2015||#2x11|
|Armed with more power than ever, Finn creates an elaborate spell that allows him to take the upper hand and trap his brothers Klaus and Elijah. Realizing that Kol is also in trouble, Davina has no choice but to team up with the Originals to help. After the deadly events in the previous episode, Marcel must try to calm his volatile pack of suffering vampires, while remembering his days as a solider during World War I when his leadership skills were equally brought to the test. Finally, Hayley finds herself conflicted when she learns that she and Jackson must participate in extreme and unconventional rituals prior to their wedding, which will put them both in a dangerous position.
|Sanctuary||Writer: Declan de Barra & Michael Narducci||Director: Matt Hastings||February 2, 2015||#2x12|
|After a series of strange encounters, Rebekah becomes intrigued by a mysterious girl who has recently arrived to the insane asylum. At the bayou, Hayley struggles with coming clean to Jackson about the secrets she’s keeping and is surprised when he shares his own secret involving Hayley’s parents. Meanwhile, after learning the details of a particular marriage ritual that Hayley and Jackson must complete, Klaus heads to the bayou to put an end to it, but not before running into Jackson’s grandmother Mary. Elsewhere, Vincent remains determined to uncover the secret he knows Klaus is hiding and sets his eyes on Marcel for answers. Lastly, when Davina discovers that Josh and Marcel are in danger, she enlists the help of Kaleb and Aiden to rescue them.
|The Devil is Damned||Writer: Christopher Hollier & Julie Plec||Director: Lance Anderson||February 9, 2015||#2x13|
|More dangerous than ever, Finn remains one step ahead after joining forces with a powerful figure from his past. As the threat to Hope’s life grows stronger, Klaus realizes he has no choice but to place his trust in his siblings to ensure she remains protected. Meanwhile, after being presented with an enticing proposition, Kol is forced to make a difficult life or death decision, and Elijah finds himself in the fight of his life after an unexpected visitor arrives at the safe house. At the bayou, Hayley and Jackson continue to prepare for the unification ritual, but things quickly go awry when they become pawns in Finn's dangerous plan.
|I Love You, Goodbye||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Michael Narducci||Director: Matt Hastings||February 16, 2015||#2x14|
|With the final preparations for her union to Jackson underway, Hayley begins to question whether the ritual will actually work. After arriving at the compound, Elijah has a tense encounter with Klaus and quickly suspects that his brother may be up to something. Meanwhile, Kaleb, who is harboring a devastating secret from Davina, seeks help from Rebekah when he realizes time is not on his side. Lastly, Cami makes a startling revelation involving baby Hope.
|They All Asked For You||Writer: Michelle Paradise||Director: Chris Grismer||March 9, 2015||#2x15|
|When a dangerous run-in with a coven of vengeful witches forces Rebekah to align with Marcel, they quickly discover that the body Rebekah is currently inhabiting has a checkered past. Upon learning that Rebekah is in danger, Elijah seeks out a respected elder witch, Josephine, in the hopes she might offer her assistance. Meanwhile, tensions build when Klaus clashes with Hayley and Jackson over how best to protect baby Hope from Finn. Elsewhere, Freya convinces Finn to bring her to Mikael, the father she hasn't seen in over a thousand years. Lastly, a confrontation with Freya leaves Elijah and Klaus questioning whether they can trust their long-lost sister.
|Save My Soul||Writer: Kellie Cyrus||Director: Michael Russo||March 16, 2015||#2x16|
|Suspicious of where her true loyalties lie, Klaus invites Freya to the compound in order to gain more insight into her past with Dahlia. After a series of strange visions, Rebekah begins to realize the body she’s inhabiting is attempting to regain control. With Rebekah’s life on the line, Marcel puts his bargaining skills to the test when he turns to Finn, who may have some knowledge that could help them. Lastly, at the bayou, Jackson’s frustrations grow after Aiden questions his leadership skills.
|Exquisite Corpse||Writer: Diane Ademu-John & Declan de Barra||Director: Dermott Downs||April 6, 2015||#2x17|
|When Eva Sinclair’s reemergence leaves Rebekah trapped and helpless, Klaus is forced to put aside his mistrust for Freya in order to save Rebekah’s life. Meanwhile, Hayley and Elijah learn more about Eva’s violent past from Josephine, who then makes a startling revelation about Hayley’s future. With time running out to save Rebekah, Marcel turns to a reluctant Vincent for his help to take down Eva, but his plan takes an unexpected turn, as Eva will not go down without a fight.
|Night Has A Thousand Eyes||Writer: Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson||Director: Jesse Warn||April 13, 2015||#2x18|
|Desperate to find a way to vanquish Dahlia, Klaus soon finds himself face-to-face with another deadly threat – Mikael. Meanwhile, as Hayley and Rebekah work with Freya to track Dahlia’s whereabouts, Elijah and Marcel prepare a safe house in Algiers with the help of Josephine. Elsewhere, determined to protect Hayley and baby Hope, Jackson approaches Hayley with a risky idea that leaves her conflicted. Finally, Aiden finds himself torn between his loyalty to Jackson and his secret alliance with Klaus.
|When the Levee Breaks||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre||Director: Bethany Rooney||April 20, 2015||#2x19|
|Setting the stage for a bloody showdown, Dahlia (guest star Claudia Black) gives Klaus and Hayley a deadline to turn over baby Hope. Elijah attempts to convince Klaus that they need to work together in their fight against Dahlia, but Klaus forges ahead with his own dangerous plan, leaving everyone concerned about his next steps. Meanwhile, when Hayley realizes their chances of outrunning Dahlia are slim, she devises a risky plan and enlists Aiden’s help. Elsewhere, Freya gives Rebekah and Elijah an ultimatum, and Marcel strategizes on how best to deal with Klaus’ erratic behavior.
|City Beneath The Sea||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Charlie Charbonneau||Director: Leslie Libman||April 27, 2015||#2x20|
|When Dahlia devises a clever way to get Klaus’s attention, she reveals some startling details about baby Hope and leaves him with an enticing proposition to consider. Elsewhere, while Elijah and Freya find themselves with opposing views on how best to handle Dahlia’s looming deadline, Rebekah, Davina, and Cami work together to come up with their own strategy. Meanwhile, following a tense stand-off between Elijah and Jackson in the bayou, Hayley is left to make a difficult decision about her and Hope's future. Finally, Vincent, who is eager to leave his witch past behind him, approaches Davina with an offer that leaves her intrigued.
|Fire with Fire||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director: David Straiton||May 4, 2015||#2x21|
|After discovering that he’s been betrayed by his own siblings, Klaus teams up with an unlikely ally and sets off on a warpath, hell bent on revenge. Amidst the news that Klaus is on the loose, Elijah, Rebekah and Freya move forward with their plan to lure Dahlia to the compound and take her down once and for all. Meanwhile, Hayley and Jackson attempt to escape through the flooded bayou, even as Marcel finds himself hunted by a dangerous new threat. Finally, Davina is presented with an offer that could allow her the chance to bring back Kol, though it will require her to make a life-altering decision.
|Ashes to Ashes||Writer: Diane Ademu-John & Christopher Hollier||Director: Matt Hastings||May 11, 2015||#2x22|
|With time running out, Klaus’ ultimate plan to protect baby Hope at all costs continues to take shape. As tensions between the siblings come to a head, Cami reveals a vital piece of information that causes Elijah and Rebekah to reconsider their plan of attack against Dahlia. Davina finds herself one step closer to fulfilling the promise she made to Kol, while Freya is forced to take drastic measures to protect herself against Dahlia. Elsewhere, Marcel has to put aside his fury at Klaus in order to protect himself and everyone in their sire line. Meanwhile, Vincent finds himself torn between the prospects of a magic-free life away from New Orleans and a personal obligation to protect Davina. Finally, with their risky plan in place, the Mikaelson siblings prepare for the fight of their lives.
- According to a casting call via Showfax there will be a new character named Kaleb introduced in season 2.
- Season 2 marks the first season of The Originals with Yusuf Gatewood as a series regular.
- Nina Dobrev is the second confirmed TVD main cast member to appear on The Originals.
Production News and General
- The series was officially renewed on February 13, 2014 along with The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Supernatural and Reign.
- According to Jeffrey Hunt, the first 3 episodes of Season 2 will begin filming immediately after Season 1 with no break.
- Julie Plec says Caroline will NOT be heading to The Originals.
- In an interview at the CW up-fronts, Joseph Morgan said that there is a 4-6 month time jump.
- The Originals will start October 6, 2014.
- As of September 11, 8 episodes have been shot.
- Last day of shooting for Season 2 was Friday April 17, 2015 that is two days after The Vampire Diaries wrapped its sixth season on Wednesday April 15, 2015.
- A new webseries starring Kol aired during November and December 2014.
- This is the first season in which Hayley is a hybrid.
- This is the first time that Kol appears in a flashback, not counting the brief cameo of his body in the Season One premiere.
- Tatia appears for the first time in this season in the fifth episode Red Door played by Nina Dobrev.
- The Originals Season 1
- The Originals Season One Soundtrack
- The Originals Season One Body Count
- The Originals (Episode)