|The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet..
Season four of THE ORIGINALS begins on the fifth anniversary of the Mikaelson family’s greatest defeat. In the years since, the Original hybrid Klaus (Joseph Morgan) has been held prisoner by Marcel Gerard (Charles Michael Davis), while his siblings lie trapped in an enchanted sleep. When Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) finally succeeds in reviving them, the newly-awakened Mikaelsons execute a daring rescue of the captive Klaus. Once reunited, the family finds themselves faced with an even bigger threat: the revival of an ancient evil that has strong ties to their most vulnerable family member, Hope (Summer Fontana). After a devastating attack by this nightmarish entity, the Mikaelsons discover there is only one way to save themselves -- they must stand their ground in New Orleans and forge an alliance with the very enemies who hate them most, both Marcel and the leader of the New Orleans witches, Vincent Griffith (Yusuf Gatewood). But as their horrifying adversary closes in, the Mikaelsons find that they are facing an evil even more powerful than themselves, one with intimate knowledge of their family’s greatest weakness. With everything at stake -- their city, their family, and their very immortality -- the Mikaelsons must find a way to stand together, even as their secrets threaten to tear them apart.
THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Kyle XY,” “Wasteland”), Michael Narducci (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The 4400,” “Medium”) and Leslie Morgenstein (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl”) are executive producers.
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Summer Fontana as Hope Mikaelson (12/13) / The Hollow (3/13)
- Christina Moses as Keelin (11/13) (video footage in 4x02)
- Taylor Cole as Sofya Voronova (10/13) / The Hollow (3/13)
- Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza (7/13)
- Blu Hunt as The Hollow (6/13)
- Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson (5/13)
- Darri Ingolfsson as Dominic (4/13)
- Karan Kendrick as Maxine (4/13)
- Alkoya Brunson as Adam Folsom (3/13)
- Madelyn Cline as Jessica (3/13)
- Najah Jackson as Amy (3/13)
- Jason Dohring as Will Kinney (2/13)
- Debra Mooney as Mary Dumas (2/13)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (2/13) (archive footage in 4x13)
- Nathan Parsons as Jackson Kenner (1/13)
- Neil Jackson as Alistair Duquesne (1/13)
- Lyndon Smith as Lara (1/13)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Eva Sinclair (1/13)
- Keahu Kahuanui as Eddie (1/13)
- Aiden Flowers as Young Klaus (1/13)
- Caspar Zafer as Finn Mikaelson (1/13) (archive footage in 4x13)
- McCarrie McCausland as Young Marcel (1/13) (archive footage in 4x13)
- Karen Kaia Livers as Agnes (1/13) (archive footage in 4x10)
Episodes List: 2017
|Gather Up the Killers||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director: Lance Anderson||March 17, 2017||#4x01|
|On the fifth anniversary of Klaus' defeat, Marcel is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, leading him to seek counsel from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, as Hayley closes in on the cure that will allow her to revive Elijah and the slumbering Mikaelsons, she faces a final task that will force her to make a ruthless decision. Vincent and Freya also appear.
|No Quarter||Writer: Talicia Raggs & Michelle Paradise||Director: Bethany Rooney||March 24, 2017||#4x02|
|After being cured and woken, the Mikaelson siblings join Hayley in an effort to rescue Klaus from captivity – even if they must face Marcel in the process. Meanwhile, Klaus' demons materialize in unexpected ways as he suffers from the effects of the Tunde Blade, and Vincent investigates a haunting that will prove to be much more sinister than he could have imagined. Elijah also appears.
|Haunter of Ruins||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Declan de Barra||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||March 31, 2017||#4x03|
|After five long years apart, Klaus attempts to reconnect with his daughter, Hope. Even as father and daughter bond, the rest of the family is still in turmoil. Elijah mediates a conflict between Hayley and Freya to determine the best way to protect the family. Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vincent tells Marcel terrible secrets about his ex-wife, Eva Sinclair, even as they begin their search for a mysterious witch who plans to sacrifice a group of innocent children – including Hope Mikaelson.
|Keepers of the House||Writer: Christopher Hollier & Beau DeMayo||Director: Joseph Morgan||April 7, 2017||#4x04|
|Desperate to save her daughter, Hayley turns to Marcel for help uncovering information about the mysterious force that has set its sights on the children of New Orleans. While Klaus remains behind with Hope, Elijah and a reluctant Vincent join the hunt, which puts them on a dangerous collision course with an unlikely new threat. Finally, Freya and Keelin must put aside their differences as they embark on a journey that may alter the power dynamic in New Orleans forever.
|I Hear You Knocking||Writer: Kyle Arrington||Director: Chris Grismer||April 14, 2017||#4x05|
|After being marked by The Hollow’s dark magic, both Klaus and Marcel experience the symptoms of a malevolent haunting, forcing the two adversaries on a violent collision course. Meanwhile, Hayley and Elijah head out to speak with Mary after Hayley uncovers a mysterious link between the dark magic and her former wolf pack. Finally, as an exhausted Freya risks her own life to cure Klaus’ infection, a guilt-ridden Keelin must decide whether to honor her hypocratic oath and help Freya – or flee the Mikaelson’s forever.
|Bag of Cobras||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Michael Russo||Director: Jesse Warn||April 28, 2017||#4x06|
|When it's discovered that The Hollow has employed a mysterious servant to do its bidding, Klaus and Elijah host an elaborate party in order to lure the new threat out and uncover its identity. Feeling a sense of responsibility for The Hollow's resurgence, Vincent uses his magic to help the Mikaelsons root out this latest threat. Meanwhile, after uncovering information about who may have been behind her parents' death, Hayley turns to Freya to help unlock her memories from that fateful day. Marcel also appears.
|High Water and a Devil's Daughter||Writer: Celeste Vasquez & Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Charles Michael Davis||May 5, 2017||#4x07|
|When it's discovered that The Hollow's latest servant is on the loose, Freya places a protection spell on the compound, forcing Klaus, Hayley and Hope to remain inside. Meanwhile, Elijah takes matters into his own hands when Vincent is reluctant to perform a dangerous ritual needed to strengthen their defense against The Hollow. Finally, while Freya enacts a risky plan that brings her face to face with their latest threat, an unexpected twist leaves her life hanging in the balance. Marcel also appears.
|Voodoo in My Blood||Writer: Talicia Raggs & Christopher Hollier||Director: John Hyams||May 12, 2017||#4x08|
|After being summoned by the ancestors, Hayley and Klaus travel to the ancestral world and come face to face with Davina, Klaus' former foe and the one person who holds the secrets to The Hollow's demise. Meanwhile, old wounds are re-opened when Elijah and Marcel are forced into an uneasy alliance. Together, they meet with Alaric who has tracked down a crucial artifact that could help in their fight against The Hollow.
|Queen Death||Writer: Beau DeMayo||Director: Nicole Rubio||May 19, 2017||#4x09|
|When The Hollow sends a terrifying message to Vincent, he must team with Hayley and Freya to embark on a desperate mission to stop the Hollow once and for all - even if it requires a heartbreaking sacrifice. Refusing to allow anyone in his family to pay the high price of defeating their enemy, Klaus makes a surprising alliance and enacts a plan that threatens to change the Mikaelson family forever. Elijah and Marcel also appear.
|Phantomesque||Writer: Kyle Arrington & K.C. Perry||Director: Daniel Gillies||June 2, 2017||#4x10|
|After the devastating events of the previous episode, Klaus requests that his estranged siblings Rebekah and Kol return home to stand by their family against The Hollow. Meanwhile, Freya recruits Hayley for a dangerous journey that will put both their lives at risk — but may be the sole means of saving someone they love. Elsewhere, tensions rise when Marcel leads a hunt for The Hollow — putting him on a collision course with the person he was least prepared to face. Finally, as Kol continues to mourn the loss of Davina, he is forced to consider the lengths he'd go to see her again.
|A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Michael Russo||Director: Hanelle Culpepper||June 9, 2017||#4x11|
|When it's discovered that The Hollow is using a magical totem to fuel her power, Freya enlists Rebekah and Klaus' help to locate and destroy it. Elsewhere, an ultimatum by The Hollow puts Kol at odds with his own siblings, while an unexpected run-in forces Marcel and Rebekah to confront the growing tension between them. Finally, The Hollow's plan for Hayley leaves her in the fight of her life.
|Voodoo Child||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Christopher Hollier||Director: Michael Grossman||June 16, 2017||#4x12|
|When The Hollow targets the most vulnerable Mikaelson, Klaus is forced to rely on Vincent, who believes he can use The Hollow’s own dark magic to defeat their enemy for good. Meanwhile, as Marcel worries that Vincent’s plan might backfire, the King of New Orleans decides on a deadly backup plan of his own. Elsewhere, after falling victim to The Hollow’s manipulations, Hayley struggles to figure out Hope’s future in New Orleans, while Freya must confront her darkest fear.
|The Feast of All Sinners||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director: Bethany Rooney||June 23, 2017||#4x13|
|The Mikaelsons find themselves out of options as they face the all-powerful and un-killable entity known as The Hollow. With the life of Hope at stake, Vincent proposes a final, desperate plan – one that will force Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Rebekah and Freya to make the greatest sacrifice their family has ever endured. Marcel also appears.
- The series was officially renewed on March 11, 2016 along with The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Supernatural, Reign, The 100, The Flash, Jane The Virgin. 
- Filming ended on December 15, 2016. 
- Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Yusuf Gatewood, Riley Voelkel and Nathaniel Buzolic are confirmed to return for this season.
- The CW is also breaking up The Vampire Diaries and spin-off The Originals. TVD is going to be staying on Friday nights, where it shifted earlier this season, while The Originals has been pushed to midseason. 
- Season 4 will have a shorter episode count than its predecessors due to its midseason release date.
- It was originally believed that Nathaniel Buzolic had been made a series regular, due to alleged statements at a fan convention, however on twitter he said that it was just a rumor.
- This season will jump ahead to five years.
- According to Carina Adly MacKenzie, this could be the final season. 
- Matt Davis will appear on the eighth episode. He will also appear on another episode.
- Lance Anderson directed episode one and Bethany Rooney will direct episode two.
- Michael Narducci wrote episode one.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie and Declan de Barra wrote episode three, while Jeffrey Hunt will be directing.
- Joseph Morgan will be directing episode four, Daniel Gillies will be directing episode ten and Charles Michael Davis will be directing episode seven.
- Christopher Hollier and Beau DeMayo wrote episode four.
- Chris Grismer is directing episode five while Kyle Arrington wrote the episode.
- Jesse Warn will be directing episode six while Michelle Paradise and Michael Russo wrote the episode.
- Celeste Vasquez and Carina Adly MacKenzie wrote episode seven.
- Talicia Raggs and Christopher Hollier wrote episode eight while John Hyams directed the episode.
- Nicole Rubio is directing episode nine while Beau DeMayo wrote the episode.
- Kyle Arrington and K.C. Perry wrote episode ten.
- Michael Grossman is directing episode twelve while Michelle Paradise and Christopher Hollier wrote the episode. 
- Michael Narducci wrote episode thirteen.
- The Originals Season 1
- The Originals Season 2
- The Originals Season 3
- The Originals Season Three Soundtrack
- The Originals (Episode)