|The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet..
Season four of The Originals begins on the fifth anniversary of the Mikaelson family's greatest defeat. Although Marcel Gerard (Charles Michael Davis) has ushered in a new era of peace in the French Quarter, an army of unsired vampires has arrived seeking to bargain for the life of Marcel’s infamous captive, the Original hybrid, Klaus (Joseph Morgan). Meanwhile, the other Mikaelson siblings remain trapped in an enchanted sleep, with Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) working tirelessly to find the means to revive them – while also protecting her daughter, Hope (Summer Fontana). After a daring rescue, the Mikaelsons are reunited, only to find themselves faced with an even bigger threat: the revival of an ancient evil that has strong ties to their most vulnerable family member. After a devastating attack by this nightmarish entity, the Mikaelsons discover there is only one way to save themselves – they must stand their ground in New Orleans and forge an alliance with the very enemies who hate them most, both Marcel and the leader of the New Orleans witches, Vincent Griffith (Yusuf Gatewood). With the city of New Orleans consumed by a seemingly all-powerful cult hellbent on child kidnappings and ghastly rituals, Klaus must face his own inner demons as he struggles to become the father he never had to the child he is only now getting to know. With Hayley and Klaus focused on protecting their daughter, eldest brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) must embrace his most ruthless aspect in order to become the family’s lethal enforcer, putting him at odds with the rest of his family, including the woman he has come to love. And even as the family's loyalties are called into question, Freya (Riley Voelkel) will embark on her own deadly mission, vowing to destroy anyone who would threaten her siblings – regardless of what she will have to do – or whom she will have to sacrifice. Ultimately, the Mikaelsons will realize that they now face an enemy even more powerful than themselves, one with intimate knowledge of their family’s greatest weakness. Upon learning the truth – that their evil adversary cannot be killed – the Mikaelson siblings will have no choice but to stand together – even if this is to be their final battle.
THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Kyle XY,” “Wasteland”), Michael Narducci (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The 4400,” “Medium”) and Leslie Morgenstein (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl”) are executive producers.
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Alkoya Brunson as Adam Folsom (3/13)
- Karan Kendrick as Maxine (3/13)
- Jason Dohring as Will Kinney (2/13)
- Debra Mooney as Mary Dumas (2/13)
- Neil Jackson as Alistair Duquesne (1/13)
- Lyndon Smith as Lara (1/13)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (1/13)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Eva Sinclair (1/13)
- Darri Ingolfsson as Dominic (1/13)
- Keahu Kahuanui as Eddie (1/13)
- Aiden Flowers as Young Klaus (1/13)
- Madelyn Cline as Jessica (0/13) 
- Najah Jackson as Amy (0/13) 
- TBA as Samir (0/13) 
- TBA as Nathaniel (0/13) 
Episodes List: 2017
|Gather Up the Killers||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director: Lance Anderson||March 17, 2017||#4x01|
|On the fifth anniversary of Klaus' defeat, Marcel is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, leading him to seek counsel from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, as Hayley closes in on the cure that will allow her to revive Elijah and the slumbering Mikaelsons, she faces a final task that will force her to make a ruthless decision. Vincent and Freya also appear.
|No Quarter||Writer: Talicia Raggs & Michelle Paradise||Director: Bethany Rooney||March 24, 2017||#4x02|
|After being cured and woken, the Mikaelson siblings join Hayley in an effort to rescue Klaus from captivity – even if they must face Marcel in the process. Meanwhile, Klaus' demons materialize in unexpected ways as he suffers from the effects of the Tunde Blade, and Vincent investigates a haunting that will prove to be much more sinister than he could have imagined. Elijah also appears.
|Haunter of Ruins||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie & Declan de Barra||Director: Jeffrey Hunt||March 31, 2017||#4x03|
|After five long years apart, Klaus attempts to reconnect with his daughter, Hope. Even as father and daughter bond, the rest of the family is still in turmoil. Elijah mediates a conflict between Hayley and Freya to determine the best way to protect the family. Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vincent tells Marcel terrible secrets about his ex-wife, Eva Sinclair, even as they begin their search for a mysterious witch who plans to sacrifice a group of innocent children – including Hope Mikaelson.
|Keepers of the House||Writer: Christopher Hollier & Beau DeMayo||Director: Joseph Morgan||April 7, 2017||#4x04|
|Desperate to save her daughter, Hayley turns to Marcel for help uncovering information about the mysterious force that has set its sights on the children of New Orleans. While Klaus remains behind with Hope, Elijah and a reluctant Vincent join the hunt, which puts them on a dangerous collision course with an unlikely new threat. Finally, Freya and Keelin must put aside their differences as they embark on a journey that may alter the power dynamic in New Orleans forever.
|I Hear You Knocking||Writer: Kyle Arrington||Director: Chris Grismer||April 14, 2017||#4x05|
|After being marked by The Hollow’s dark magic, both Klaus and Marcel experience the symptoms of a malevolent haunting, forcing the two adversaries on a violent collision course. Meanwhile, Hayley and Elijah head out to speak with Mary after Hayley uncovers a mysterious link between the dark magic and her former wolf pack. Finally, as an exhausted Freya risks her own life to cure Klaus’ infection, a guilt-ridden Keelin must decide whether to honor her hypocratic oath and help Freya – or flee the Mikaelson’s forever.
|Bag of Cobras||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Michael Russo||Director: Jesse Warn||April 28, 2017||#4x06|
|When it's discovered that The Hollow has employed a mysterious servant to do its bidding, Klaus and Elijah host an elaborate party in order to lure the new threat out and uncover its identity. Feeling a sense of responsibility for The Hollow's resurgence, Vincent uses his magic to help the Mikaelsons root out this latest threat. Meanwhile, after uncovering information about who may have been behind her parents' death, Hayley turns to Freya to help unlock her memories from that fateful day. Marcel also appears.
|High Water and a Devil's Daughter||Writer: Celeste Vasquez & Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Charles Michael Davis||May 5, 2017||#4x07|
|When it's discovered that The Hollow's latest servant is on the loose, Freya places a protection spell on the compound, forcing Klaus, Hayley and Hope to remain inside. Meanwhile, Elijah takes matters into his own hands when Vincent is reluctant to perform a dangerous ritual needed to strengthen their defense against The Hollow. Finally, while Freya enacts a risky plan that brings her face to face with their latest threat, an unexpected twist leaves her life hanging in the balance. Marcel also appears.
|Voodoo in My Blood||Writer: Talicia Raggs & Christopher Hollier||Director: John Hyams||May 12, 2017||#4x08|
|After being summoned by the ancestors, Hayley and Klaus travel to the ancestral world and come face to face with Davina, Klaus' former foe and the one person who holds the secrets to The Hollow's demise. Meanwhile, old wounds are re-opened when Elijah and Marcel are forced into an uneasy alliance. Together, they meet with Alaric who has tracked down a crucial artifact that could help in their fight against The Hollow.
|[]||Writer: Beau DeMayo & Christopher Hollier||Director:||May 19, 2017||#4x09|
|Phantomesque||Writer: Kyle Arrington||Director: Daniel Gillies||June 2, 2017||#4x10|
|[]||Writer:||Director:||June 9, 2017||#4x11|
|Voodoo Child||Writer: Michelle Paradise & Christopher Hollier||Director: Michael Grossman||June 16, 2017||#4x12|
|[]||Writer: Michael Narducci||Director:||June 23, 2017||#4x13|
- The series was officially renewed on March 11, 2016 along with The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Supernatural, Reign, The 100, The Flash, Jane The Virgin. 
- Filming ended on December 15, 2016. 
- Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Yusuf Gatewood, Riley Voelkel and Nathaniel Buzolic are confirmed to return for this season.
- The CW is also breaking up The Vampire Diaries and spin-off The Originals. TVD is going to be staying on Friday nights, where it shifted earlier this season, while The Originals has been pushed to midseason. 
- Season 4 will have a shorter episode count than its predecessors due to its midseason release date.
- It was originally believed that Nathaniel Buzolic had been made a series regular, due to alleged statements at a fan convention, however on twitter he said that it was just a rumor.
- This season will jump ahead to five years.
- According to Carina Adly MacKenzie, this could be the final season. 
- Matt Davis will appear on the eighth episode.
- Lance Anderson directed episode 1 and Bethany Rooney will direct episode 2.
- Michael Narducci wrote episode one.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie and Declan de Barra wrote episode three, while Jeffrey Hunt will be directing.
- Joseph Morgan will be directing episode four, Daniel Gillies will be directing episode ten and Charles Michael Davis will be directing episode seven. 
- Christopher Hollier wrote episode four.
- Chris Grismer is directing episode five while Kyle Arrington wrote the episode.
- Jesse Warn will be directing episode six while Michelle Paradise wrote the episode.
- Celeste Vasquez and Carina Adly MacKenzie wrote episode seven.
- John Hyams is directing episode eight.
- Beau DeMayo & Christopher Hollier wrote episode nine.
- Kyle Arrington wrote episode ten.
- Michael Grossman is directing episode twelve while Michelle Paradise and Christopher Hollier wrote the episode. 
- Michael Narducci wrote episode thirteen.
- The Originals Season 1
- The Originals Season 2
- The Originals Season 3
- The Originals Season Three Soundtrack
- The Originals (Episode)