|The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet..
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson (0/13)
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson (0/13)
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall-Kenner (0/13)
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard (0/13)
- Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith (0/13)
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson (0/13)
- Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza (0/13)
- Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson (0/13) 
- Summer Fontana as Young Hope Mikaelson (0/13)
- TBA as Margot (0/13)
- Torrance Coombs as Declan (0/13)
- Bella Samman as Josie Saltzman (0/13)
- TBA as Lizzie Saltzman (0/13)
- Aria Shahghasemi as Landon (0/13)
- TBA as Lisina (0/13)
- TBA as Antoinette (0/13)
- TBA as Emmett (0/13)
- Alexis Louder as TBA (0/13)
- Nicholas Alexander as TBA (0/13)
- Malone Thomas as TBA (0/13)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (0/13) 
Episodes List: 2017-2018
- Main article: Spoilers
- The series was officially renewed on May 10, 2017 along with iZombie. 
- This will be the second season of the series to air midseason.
- Production will start on July 25, 2017 and end on December 17, 2017. 
- Jeffrey Lieber joins the crew.
- Hope and Josh were upgraded to series regulars.
- Season Five twist could launch another spinoff. 
- Julie Plec announced that season five is the final season of the series.
- Marguerite MacIntyre wrote 5x01 while Lance Anderson is directing the episode.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie is writing episode eight.
- Julie Plec and Bianca Sams wrote episode seven.
- Eva McKenna and Jeffrey Lieber wrote episode ten.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie and Julie Plec are writing episode twelve.
- Jeffrey Lieber and Julie Plec wrote episode thirteen.
- Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Charles Michael Davis will be directing this season.
- Joseph Morgan is directing episode three, Charles Michael Davis will be directing episode six and Daniel Gillies will be directing episode ten.
- There will be a time jump, however, the length is currently unknown.
- Michael Narducci won't be a showrunner for the fifth season. 
- He will be replaced with Jeffrey Lieber.
- There are plans for Danielle Campbell, Nathaniel Buzolic, Daniella Pineda and Malaya Rivera Drew to appear.
- Summer Fontana will appear as Hope in a flashback.
- Josie and Lizzie Saltzman will make an appearance.
- The Originals Season 1
- The Originals Season 2
- The Originals Season 3
- The Originals Season 4
- The Originals Season Three Soundtrack
- The Originals (Episode)