|The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki team makes every effort to maintain professional courtesy and provide sources of information for upcoming episodes. However, anyone can edit the The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies Wiki. As a result, it is not an accurate spoiler source and should not be cited as such.
Note: Only Sourced returning actors are listed, speculating about returning actors without a valid source WILL BE REMOVED so do NOT add any other actors that haven't been confirmed yet.
This is the final season.
The final season of THE ORIGINALS begins seven years after the core members of the Mikaelson family - Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) and Kol (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) — each absorb a quarter of the Hollow's dark energy and flee New Orleans in order to keep both their beloved city and young Hope (guest star Summer Fontana) safe. In the interim, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) and Josh (Steven Krueger) preside over a Big Easy almost devoid of conflict, while Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) and Freya (Riley Voelkel) watch Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) grow into a teenager, eventually opting to send her to the Salvatore School so that Caroline (guest star Candice King) can keep an eye on her. With Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) following Rebekah out of town and Elijah stripped of his memory, the danger seems to be contained... until a sudden tragedy forces the siblings to return home. As the Mikaelsons return to New Orleans, bringing the pieces of a centuries old evil with them, it becomes clear that the closing chapter of this family saga will be as bloody and emotional as ever.
THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec ("The Vampire Diaries," "Containment," "Kyle XY") and Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries," "Gossip Girl") are executive producers.
For more information, see Character Appearances.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson (11/13)
- Charles Michael Davis as Marcel Gerard (10/13)
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson (9/13)
- Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson (9/13)
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson (9/13)
- Yusuf Gatewood as Vincent Griffith (8/13)
- Steven Krueger as Josh Rosza (7/13)*
- Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley Marshall-Kenner (5/13) (voice footage in 5x07)**
Note 1: *Josh appears as a regular character through 5x10.
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Roman Sienna (6/13)
- Jaime Murray as Antoinette Sienna (6/13)
- Shiva Kalaiselvan as Ivy (6/13)
- Torrance Coombs as Declan (6/13)
- Nadine Lewington as Greta Sienna (6/13) (archive footage in 5x08)
- Christina Moses as Keelin (5/13)
- Alexis Louder as Lisina (5/13)
- Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson (3/13)
- Robert Baker as Emmett (3/13)
- Nicholas Alexander as Henry Benoit (2/13)
- Summer Fontana as Young Hope Mikaelson (1/13)
- Demetrius Bridges as Dorian Williams (1/13)
- Jamie Thomas King as August Müller (1/13)
- Colin Woodell as Aiden (1/13)
- Bella Samman as Josie Saltzman (0/13)
- Allison Gobuzzi as Lizzie Saltzman (0/13)
- Aria Shahghasemi as Landon Kirby (0/13)
- Sebastian Roché as Mikael (0/13) 
Episodes List: 2018
|Where You Left Your Heart||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre||Director: Lance Anderson||April 18, 2018||#5x01|
|Desperate to see her father Klaus after seven years, Hope resorts to drastic measures to bring her father back to New Orleans. Hayley attempts to minimize the fallout from Hope's actions, but not before news of what she's done ripples through the city. Meanwhile, Freya's guilt over not being able to reunite her family gets in the way of her happiness with Keelin, while Rebekah struggles with her inability to fully commit to Marcel. Finally, struggling without Elijah by his side, Klaus' murderous rampage throughout Europe leads to an unexpected encounter with Caroline Forbes.
|One Wrong Turn On Bourbon||Writer: Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Carol Banker||April 25, 2018||#5x02|
|When a mysterious disappearance brings Klaus back to New Orleans, Hope looks forward to the prospect of seeing her father again. However, when the dark magic that had been keeping them apart begins to manifest in dangerous ways across the city, Vincent turns to Ivy for guidance about what it may mean. Elsewhere, Marcel returns to New Orleans amidst increased tensions between the supernatural factions, while Freya makes a decision about her future with Keelin. Finally, Roman's surprise visit to the Mikaelson compound forces Hope to reveal some dark truths about her family. Josh also appears.
|Ne Me Quitte Pas||Writer: K.C. Perry & Michelle Paradise||Director: Joseph Morgan||May 2, 2018||#5x03|
|In the immediate aftermath of having his memory erased by Marcel, Elijah awakens to find himself in the middle of nowhere and without a clue as to who he is. Unable to control his instinctive vampire ways, Elijah encounters Antoinette, a beautiful and free-spirited vampire, who helps him navigate his new life. However, a run-in with Klaus threatens to destroy the peace he's finally found.
|Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea||Writer: Beau DeMayo & Kyle Arrington||Director: Michael Grossman||May 9, 2018||#5x04|
|Frustrated by the lack of progress made in the search for Hayley, Klaus turns up the heat by taking hostages from each of the three New Orleans supernatural factions. Freya goes to Mystic Falls to check on Hope, who has been sent back to the Salvatore School. Vincent seeks guidance from Ivy after learning that Klaus' erratic behavior is escalating.
|Don't It Just Break Your Heart||Writer: Jeffrey Lieber, Bianca Sams & Jeffrey Lieber||Director: Jeffrey W. Byrd||May 16, 2018||#5x05|
|A mysterious clue sent to Klaus leads him one step closer to finding Hayley. Antoinette opens up to Elijah after her past comes back to haunt her. Meanwhile, Marcel makes a decision that puts him at odds with Klaus. Finally, Hope takes matters into her own hands to fix the mess that she's created.
|What, Will, I, Have, Left||Writer: Marguerite MacIntyre||Director: Charles Michael Davis||May 30, 2018||#5x06|
|After learning how she can get Hayley back, Hope sets off on a dangerous mission to end the mess she started. Klaus turns to Caroline for help when he discovers Hope's plan. Vincent and Freya clash over whether to let Declan in on New Orleans's supernatural secrets.
|God's Gonna Trouble the Water||Writer: Bianca Sams and Julie Plec||Director: Carl Seaton||June 6, 2018||#5x07|
|Ivy reveals some startling news to Klaus about the dark magic that's been keeping him away from his family. Elijah turns to some unexpected allies to save Antoinette's life.
|The Kindness of Strangers||Writer: Beau DeMayo and Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Kellie Cyrus||June 13, 2018||#5x08|
|As pressing matters rage on in New Orleans, the Mikaelson siblings find themselves forced to set aside their differences and work together to escape a "chambre de chasse.
|We Have Not Long To Love||Writer: K.C. Perry & Michelle Paradise||Director: Bethany Rooney||June 20, 2018||#5x09|
|As Vincent, Marcel and Josh work to clean up the city, an uprising of purist vampires leads the supernatural factions into a deadly showdown. Hope's attempt to bring her family back together leaves her struggling with the consequences. Finally, Freya makes a life-changing decision.
|There in the Disappearing Light||Writer: Eva McKenna and Jeffrey Lieber||Director: Daniel Gillies||July 11, 2018||#5x10|
|Klaus helps Hope cope with her pain in an unconventional way. A figure from Elijah's past comes back seeking help. Elsewhere, Marcel takes on the nightwalkers, while Vincent deals with the fallout of a fateful decision.
|Til the Day I Die||Writer: Kyle Arrington and Marguerite MacIntyre||Director: Geoff Shotz||July 18, 2018||#5x11|
|Klaus turns to Davina for help to learn more about a mysterious affliction affecting Hope. On their wedding day, Freya and Keelin make a tough decision about their future together, while Elijah is forced to confront a past memory of Hayley. Finally, Declan's growing curiosity in the city's supernatural secrets forces Marcel to step in.
|The Tale of Two Wolves||Writer: Julie Plec and Carina Adly MacKenzie||Director: Rudy Persico||July 25, 2018||#5x12|
|With Hope facing a life-threatening affliction and deteriorating quickly, Klaus travels to Mystic Falls to seek help from Caroline. Tasked with keeping Hope preoccupied in Mystic Falls, Elijah comes to a heartbreaking realization about his niece. Meanwhile, at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, a run-in with Alaric Saltzman throws a wrench into Klaus' plan.
|When The Saints Go Marching In||Writer: Julie Plec (story) |
Jeffrey Lieber (teleplay)
|Director: Lance Anderson||August 1, 2018||#5x13|
|Intent on saving Hope's life, Klaus' plan will change the lives of the Mikaelson family forever. Elijah, Marcel, Freya and Vincent also appear.
- Main article: Spoilers
- The series was officially renewed on May 10, 2017 along with iZombie. 
- This will be the second season of the series to air midseason.
- Production started on July 25, 2017 and ended on December 17, 2017. 
- Jeffrey Lieber joined the crew.
- Steven Krueger (Josh) is upgraded to series regular. Danielle Rose Russell (who plays older Hope) joins the cast on a series regular status as well.
- Season Five twist could launch another spin-off. 
- Julie Plec announced that season five is the final season of the series.
- Marguerite MacIntyre wrote 5x01 while Lance Anderson is directing the episode.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie is writing episode eight.
- Julie Plec and Bianca Sams wrote episode seven.
- Eva McKenna and Jeffrey Lieber wrote episode ten.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie and Julie Plec are writing episode twelve.
- Jeffrey Lieber and Julie Plec wrote episode thirteen.
- Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Charles Michael Davis will be directing this season.
- Joseph Morgan is directing episode three, Charles Michael Davis will be directing episode six and Daniel Gillies will be directing episode ten.
- There is a time jump, the length is seven years.
- Michael Narducci won't be a showrunner for the fifth season. 
- He is replaced with Jeffrey Lieber.
- This is the first and only season in which Daniel Gillies (Elijah Mikaelson) and Phoebe Tonkin (Hayley Marshall) do not appear in every episode.
- There are plans for Danielle Campbell, Nathaniel Buzolic, Daniella Pineda and Malaya Rivera Drew to appear.
- Josie and Lizzie Saltzman will make an appearance.
- The Originals Season 1
- The Originals Season 2
- The Originals Season 3
- The Originals Season 4
- The Originals Season Three Soundtrack
- The Originals (Episode)