Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Maybe the only way to stop this stupid prophecy is to embrace it! Control it! If we can control it, then maybe we can change it. When I am buried, the family part of the prophecy will be over. You will be able to trust them again...Freya, Hayley, Niklaus. You can stop anyone, friend or foe, that comes at you.||”|
HOME FOR CHRISTMAS — When a dangerous affliction threatens to expose one of her siblings, Freya searches for a way to reverse the crippling curse even as she finds herself the target of The Strix’s latest plan. Elsewhere, Klaus keeps a watchful eye over Cami while she attempts to help Detective Kinney, whose life has begun to spiral out of control as a result of Lucien’s compulsion. Meanwhile, a confrontation with Marcel causes Vincent to reevaluate his decision to stay out of witch business, and Hayley’s attempt at a quiet Christmas with Jackson and Hope results in an unexpected surprise. Elijah also appears.
Special Guest Star
- Antagonists: Tristan de Martel, Aurora de Martel and Rebekah Mikaelson.
- This episode is the third mid-season finale of the series.
- This is Cami's last episode as a Human.
- Cami is the last of the original mortal human/witch female leads to die after both Sophie and Davina in Season 1. With only her and Davina returning to life in a later episode, in this case the next episode. Only in Davina's case she's still a mortal witch while Cami returns as a vampire in transition.
- Tristan attempted to assassinate Freya by ambush. Jackson helped her but she got poisoned.
- Jackson made his first on-screen kill.
- Klaus tells Cami he helped Detective Kinney for her as he wants to see her happy.
- Marcel taunts Vincent's choice and decisions, specially in choosing minors to lead the witches of the New Orleans, pushing Vincent to face what he has avoided for long.
- Vincent ascends as the new Regent of the Nine Covens.
- Tristan threatens Vincent with the thought of Finn and being put back in possession of his body by showing him he now has Freya's necklace if he doesn't cooperate with the Strix.
- Finn is revealed to be a powerful witch by Freya, which is why she channelled him to temporarily cure Rebekah's curse.
- It is subtly implied that Tristan knew all along that Finn's soul was bound to Freya's necklace.
- Rebekah is rescued by Elijah but got afflicted with a maddening curse.
- Fortunately, the dagger used on her is encrypted with the information and spell on how to undo the curse.
- Rebekah is daggered by Elijah at her own request and to keep it from Klaus. She also tells him to embrace the prophecy.
- Ironically, she was rescued only to be daggered again by the same person in this episode. However, the latter was her wish.
- Klaus and Camille share their first kiss.
- Cami slit her throat from Aurora's compulsion, after her post make out nap with Klaus.
- In A Ghost Along the Mississippi, it revealed that Cami had vampire blood in her system when she died as Aurora compelled her to drink a vial of her blood and kill herself.
- Several characters mentioned that it is Christmas time, as it is in the parallel TVD episode Cold as Ice, making both shows at the same timeline.
- This is the 2nd episode of the season not to feature all members of The Trinity as Lucien doesn't appears in this episode.
- Aurora is the only member of The Trinity to appear in the 1st nine episodes of the season.
- Vincent and Jackson were last seen in Out of the Easy.
- Rebekah and Detective Kinney were last seen in Beautiful Mistake.
- Daggers were last used in When the Levee Breaks. It was used on Klaus by Elijah.
- A man at the harbor said that Elijah's last name was "Smith". Elijah used the same last name in The Vampire Diaries second season's Crying Wolf.
- Camille O'Connell; throat slit, killed by herself (via Aurora's compulsion).
- Two Strix members; Beheaded one, unknown cause of death other; by Jackson Kenner.
- Men at harbor; killed by Elijah Mikaelson.
Behind the Scenes
- The Christmas cookies available at Mikaelson Christmas are a nod to Matt Hastings’ family traditions. His mom makes those exact cookies every holiday.
- We welcomed Claire Holt back to set by drenching her with water and making her lie in a box in the freezing cold at midnight on a Friday. She was a trooper.
- Rebecca Breeds played her own piano in Aurora’s final scene with Tristan. In this scene (with Rebecca’s parents on set visiting), the actors improvised a sweet brother-sister kiss that was decidedly Flowers in the Attic-inspired, if you catch my drift. Not that I’m against a little incest amongst villains, but this was episode 9 and we already had incest-free scripts written and shot through episode 13, so we had to cut it.
- The baby cried so much during the “Happy Christmas” scene we almost had to send her to bed and let the grown-ups celebrate Christmas alone.
- The wine that Klaus pours for Jackson came from a bottle that read “CHATEAU BROMANCE” in elegant script. Our prop guys need to get their kicks in somewhere.
- Whenever co-writer Carina is upset, her mom tells her, “Well, at least you’re a writer. This will make a great story someday.” She grew up thinking that was ridiculous, until she borrowed most of the dialogue in Hayley and Jackson’s bayou scene from an actual fight she had with an ex. Turning pain into profit.
- Savior is a song from the punk rock band Rise Against. The song was released in 2008 off their Appeal to Reason album.
- Elijah: "Forever on Santa's naughty list."
- Camille (to Attendant): "Did they like... pay you?"
- Klaus: "Handsomely, and with a generous Christmas bonus. Isn't that right?"
- Camille: "So you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say."
- Klaus: "I compel her to feed me and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say whatever the hell she wants. You seem better."
- Camille: "Thank you for letting me stay here for the past couple of days...and giving me space to not talk. Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to stay and babysit me."
- Klaus: "It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces: Given that the prophecy foretells one family member felling another."
- Camille: "You don't think he would hurt you."
- Klaus: "I don't know what to think."
- Aurora: "How many days has it been?"
- Tristan: "Please go relax. I'll be up shortly with your next dose."
- Aurora: "No!"
- Tristan: "Let's try to avoid another episode."
- Aurora: "No. No! I will not relax until Niklaus is buried alive! We need to get back the Serratura and lock them all away in a pit of fire!"
- Tristan: "It's being taken care of, darling. Here. The sister has been researching the medallion since it's been in the Mikaelsons' possession. By end of day, we'll have what's ours, and we'll have taken care of the only witch willing to protect them."
- Elijah (to Freya and Hayley): "Do I need to remind you that because of your beloved hero, Tristan is free, Rebekah is lost...This prophecy threatens to devour us still."