She was a child of Richard and Elizabeth . She was the sister of Rebecca Jones and Eric Jones. Sarah began her film career while interning on the set of "Army Wives", a popular television show. Sarah continued to climb the ranks of the film industry, quickly finding a passion in the art of Cinematography. She was a loyal and respected member of the International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600). Sarah was working on a film about Southern rock musician Gregg Allman. They were filming a scene on a railroad trestle over the Altamaha River in Doctortown, GA when she was struck and killed by a freight train. Sarah was 27 years old when she died.
She loved kombucha. She was an avid photographer and fearless adventurer.
Almost every member of the cast and crew gathered to honor Sarah by taking a picture with slates. Film crews from around the world began contributing slates with tributes to Sarah at www.SlatesforSarah.org and it has grown into a movement to improve safety on sets.
Sarah was recognized during the 2014 Academy Awards In Memorium segment and with various tributes, a safety smartphone app, a film scholarship fund, concerts and walk-a-thons. Her wonderful spirit lives on through her friends and family and many supporters.
You can follow everything at www.safetyforsarah.com.(Vampire Diaries)
- This is the second notable death of the TVD Family, the first being Michael Showers in 2011.
- In her loving memory was dedicated episode No Exit.
- CNN - Film crew worker's tragic death prompts Hollywood movement
- Slates For Sarah Is Hollywood’s Heartwarming Response
- Oscars Mention Sarah Jones During ‘In Memoriam’ Segment
- Walk-a-Thons Raise More Than $35,000 for On-Set Safety