|“||I buried him, even after everything. I laid him to rest in the place where we were to be married. What kind of hopeless fool does that?||”|
In the year of 1114 AD Alexander and Rebekah were in love, even though she was an Original and he was one of The Five. They had even chosen a church to be married in. Rebekah trusted him completely, and he told her all his secrets, like how his tattoo was a map to their secret weapon and his sword was the key to reading it. One night, while spending the night together, Alexander and the other members of The Five used the White Oak Ash Dagger for the first time on each of the five originals, Alexander stabbing Rebekah through the heart.
In fact, Alexander showed Rebekah the dagger as he dipped in White Oak Ash and then stabbed her. Unfortunately, the dagger does not work on Klaus and he proceeded to kill the Five and revive his siblings, except for Finn who he decided to leave in the coffin for the next 900 years to be rid of his judgement. When Rebekah awoke to find Alexander dead, Klaus explained what had happened and she went on to bury Alexander with his sword in the church where they were supposed to be married.
- Rebekah: "I really did believe Alex when he said he loved me. He promised we'd be married, we even picked out a church. San Vittore in Brienno."
- Rebekah: "I buried him, even after everything. I laid him to rest in the place where we were to be married. What kind of hopeless fool does that?"
- Alexander had a history with Rebekah, which causes her moments of weakness today.
- He was the first person, chronologically, to be seen using a White Oak Ash Dagger, and also the first to use it on Rebekah.
- In Graduation, Alexander returned as a ghost and trapped Matt. After Rebekah saved Matt, she caused an explosion killing Alexander (as a ghost).