|“||Legend says it was worn by the 2,000-year-old witch Qetsiyah, who drew on it... For strength.||”|
Qetsiyah's Talisman is an ancient leather necklace attached with a pendant made of human bone belonging to the witch Qetsiyah. It was a powerful relic that she drew power from.
At some point after her death, Atticus Shane discovered it while on research.
In After School Special, Atticus Shane gave Qetsiyah's talisman to Bonnie Bennett as a gift to celebrate Bonnie mastering the practice of Expression magic. She later used it to connect with Shane and cast a spell to protect him when Kol Mikaelson tried to drown him to death.
In Monster's Ball, Qetsiyah attended the Whitmore College Historical Ball, where she had a plan to retrieve her talisman, which was one of the historical artifacts on display at the event. She admitted to Silas, who was disguised as Stefan, that she needed the pendant to enhance her magic as she needed an additional power source so she could cast a locator spell for her mystical anchor that bound The Other Side, as the Travelers had hid the anchor and were said to have moved it constantly.
In Death and the Maiden, Qetsiyah was seen channeling her talisman in order to draw additional energy from it while finishing the spell to transfer the anchor from Amara to Bonnie.
- Just like Emily and Esther, Qetsiyah has her own talisman.
- Bonnie is the only witch who has handled the talismans of three of the most powerful witches known in the Vampire Diaries universe.
- In Season One, Bonnie receives her ancestor Emily's talisman from Caroline, who got it from Damon.
- In Season Three, Bonnie was given Esther's talisman by Jeremy to destroy it so she could send the ghosts back to The Other Side and close the passage to the living world through it.
- In Season Four, Bonnie receives Qetsiyah's talisman as a gift from Shane.
- Though not confirmed; some believe Qetsiyah used her talisman to create the other side therefore it could be even more powerful than shown on-screen.