|“||She looks like Katherine.||”|
Noah was a vampire who became obsessed with Elena, due to her being physically identical to Katherine Pierce. He unsuccessfully attacked Elena on several occasions. How Noah knew Katherine is unknown, but when he asked the Salvatore brothers if they remembered him from somewhere, they were unsure.
Throughout the seriesEdit
Noah first attacked Elena in the middle of the road, getting hit by her car but quickly recovering, approaching her. He fled when Damon Salvatore arrived, running before he could do Elena any more harm.
In Unpleasantville, Noah continued to stalk Elena, posing as a pizza delivery man so she'd invited him into her house. He tried to attack her the day after, ambushing her in her house but Elena was saved by Stefan. Following Elena to the decade dance, it was revealed that Noah was working with vampires, Anna and Ben, to open the tomb to help save the other 26 vampires that were locked inside. However, Noah had lost sight of their goal, becoming too interested in toying with Elena, obsessed by the fact she looked like Katherine. He attacked her yet again though was met with resistance before he was caught and interrogated by the Salvatore brothers. Driving the wooden handle of a broom further into Noah's chest, they questioned him on his motives. He was amused that they didn't recognize him and acknowledged how he knew Katherine, much to their surprise. After resisting some more torture, he finally revealed that they had to find Emily's Grimoire, that it was in Johnathan Gilbert's journal.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
These powers grow stronger with age and blood.
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than humans and grow stronger with time. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss a fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their strength is also more powerful then werewolves that are not in wolf form.
- Super Speed - Vampires can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion.
- Emotional Control - The supernatural ability to control and manipulate the emotions of one's self, and others.
- Dream Manipulation - Vampires can control dreams and subconscious. The vampires can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability is the distortion of reality and trapped in the dreams.
- Heightened Senses - Vampires have extremely keen senses of hearing, sight and smell that far exceed those of humans and werewolves.
- Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories.
- Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection.
- Healing Factor - Vampires heal extremely quickly, but still feel the pain of a wound before it heals. Vampires can snap their bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement.The only injury that cannot be healed on its own is a werewolf bite.
- Super Durability - Vampires can take a great amount of damage.
- Fangs - Vampires can grow fangs which they use to feed, they might come out when a vampire is close to blood or angered.
- Decapitation: The act of dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in permanent death.
- Fire or Sunlight: The act of exposing a vampire to fire or sunlight will result in permanent death.
- Vervain: The act of exposing or ingesting a vampire with vervain causes a vampire to become severely feverish and weak. Also, If a vampire's skin is exposed to vervain, it can result in burning them. Also vampires can't compel anyone on vervain.
- Wood: The act of wounding a vampire with wood will cause the vampire to become severely weak and if a vampire takes a wooden stake through its heart it will result in permanent death.
- Heart Extraction: The act of extracting or removing the heart of a vampire will result in permanent death.
- Invitation: Vampires cannot enter a home without an invitation by the owner.
- Magic: Vampires are susceptible to the powers of witchcraft including the creation of harmful magical objects.
- Desiccation: Vampires who abstain from blood for extended amounts of time will eventually desiccate into mummification.
- Vampire Bloodline: If an Original vampire dies, all vampires descended from their bloodline will slowly perish.
- Werewolf Bite: The bite of a werewolf is extremely lethal to vampires. It will cause them to hallucinate, grow severely weak and go rabid until it kills them. Klaus' hybrid blood can cure the bite.
- Broken Neck: Breaking a vampires neck is a common way to subdue one, it will not kill them but it will keep them unconscious for several hours and when they are still unconscious they won't have a pulse and appear to be dead.
In Stefan's Diaries: Origins, there is a deputy named Noah who worked with the Sheriff Forbes of 1864 to round up the vampires and destroy them.This could be the same Noah that Katherine compelled to release her and who she turned into a vampire.
Noah is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning is "peaceful".
- Both he and Nina Dobrev were in the 2007 film Too Young To Marry as young lovers. Noah is obsessed with Dobrev's character Elena.
- Noah was obsessed with the fact that Elena was identical to Katherine and he was another man who became prisoner to Katherine's charms (as well as Elijah, Klaus, Damon, Stefan, the guard at the tomb and Mason). Anna was annoyed by this obsession. This also hinted that Noah was older than Ben, as he knew Katherine. It is unknown if Anna turned him or not.
- Noah posed as a pizza delivery man to get Jeremy to invite him inside. It is unknown if he killed the real one.
- Noah was Stefan's second on-screen kill, after Vicki in Haunted.
- Stefan killed both Noah and Ben, who were working together along with Anna. Noah was the first to be killed when Stefan and Damon interrogated him and staked him. Stefan also set Ben on fire in Fool Me Once. John staked Anna in Founder's Day.
- Noah was the only one not to have an on-screen kiss. Ben kissed Anna and Bonnie, and Anna kissed Ben and Jeremy. After Anna and Ben's deaths, Bonnie and Jeremy would begin to date.
- In episode Unpleasantville he said about the Salvatore brothers : "They don't scare me, they never have.". Which means he knew them in the 1860's, when he also knew Katherine.