The Vampire Diaries
He was first mentioned by Elijah in the episode Klaus. He told Elena about the true nature of Klaus. Klaus is from another bloodline apart from the originals. After Mikael found out that Esther had an affair with this man, he killed him and his entire family, which started the war between vampires and werewolves continuing to this day.
In Ordinary People, Elena and Rebekah discuss the origins of the vampires. Mikael confirms that he was the one who murdered Klaus' biological (werewolf) father, his family and half the village when he learned of Esther's affair.
- He is the oldest werewolf to be mentioned in the series.
- According to Elijah and Rebekah, he and his family were killed by Mikael.
- He and his family's death is the reason why vampires and werewolves are at war with each other.
- Elijah and Rebekah's stories about Klaus' father seem to contradict each other. However, Elijah could have simply meant that Mikael was unaware that the entire werewolf race would seek retribution for the slaughter, therefore ingniting a war between vampires and werewolves.
- The Lockwood Family might be related to Klaus' father as they are implied to be descended from the werewolves who lived in Mystic Falls during the 10th century.
- He was the chief werewolf of his village.
- His descendants followed Klaus to New Orleans.