|“||I'm begging you, brother. You may not think you know me. Or Rebekah or Kol or Freya or Hope or even Hayley. But we are your family. Everyone you love needs you now.||”|
WHO IS ELIJAH MIKAELSON? — In the immediate aftermath of having his memory erased by Marcel, Elijah awakens to find himself in the middle of nowhere and without a clue as to who he is. Unable to control his instinctive vampire ways, Elijah encounters Antoinette, a beautiful and free-spirited vampire, who helps him navigate his new life. However, a run-in with Klaus threatens to destroy the peace he's finally found.
- Antagonists: Niklaus and Elijah Mikaelson.
- This is the second episode of both series (TVD & TO) to have its title in a language other than English.
- This is an Elijah-centric episode.
- This is Antoinette's first episode appearance.
- This episode features the smallest main cast of any episode of the series to date: three series regulars and one guest star.
- Hayley, Freya, Vincent, Hope, and Josh do not appear in this episode.
- Unnamed Attendant - Drained of blood; killed by Elijah Mikaelson
- Unknown People - Drained of blood; killed by Antoinette and Elijah Mikaelson
- Unknown Nightclub Patrons - Drained of blood; killed by unknown vampires
- Unknown Vampires - Various; killed by Elijah Mikaelson
- Hope is mentioned. She was last seen in One Wrong Turn On Bourbon.
- Freya is mentioned. She was last seen in One Wrong Turn On Bourbon.
- Hayley is mentioned. She was last seen in Where You Left Your Heart.
- Rebekah and Kol are mentioned. They were last seen in Where You Left Your Heart.
- Sunnyvale, Louisiana
- Roadside Store
- New York City, New York
- Elijah's Apartment
- Manosque, France
Behind the Scenes
- This is the first episode in which starring cast members Danielle Rose Russell (Hope Mikaelson) and Steven Krueger (Josh Rosza) are credited but do not appear.
- Bus Driver: "Know where you're goin', hon?"
- Elijah: "I thought I was the only one."
- Antoinette: "What the hell do you want from me?"
- Elijah: "Are there more of us?"
- Elijah: "Wh-where did we come from?"
- Antoinette: "Whatever game you're playing, I'm not interested."
- Elijah: "Please. I need you to help me."
- Antoinette: "I have a name, too, you know."
- Elijah: "Oh, I'm sorr-"
- Antoinette: "Antoinette."
- Elijah: "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Antoinette."
- Antoinette: "You're amenesiac with zero life experience, you really think you ought to be planning surprises?"
- Elijah: "Consider it a thank you for taking me under your wings these past few weeks."