Nathaniel "Nate" Buzolic (born 4 August, 1983) plays Kol Mikaelson in The Vampire Diaries. Kol has been a recurring character in Season Three and Season Four, appearing in a total of nine episodes so far.
Nathaniel is an Australian actor from Sydney, who before was a television presenter on Channel Nine's late-night program The Mint and had a regular role on the BBC soap Out of the Blue (2008). He was also a co-host of the educational show Weather Ed, on the The Weather Channel. Buzolic attended the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney. His first break was hosting the Disney Channel's afternoon kids show, Studio Disney (2005). He has also appeared in All Saints (2003), Home and Away (2002) and an uncredited role in an episode of Water Rats (2001). Buzolic's first leading role in a film was in Offing David (2008). Previously, Nathaniel had other minor roles in My Greatest Day Ever (2007) and Road Rage (2007). In late 2011, he was asked to be cast as Kol Mikaelson in the show The Vampire Diaries.
Year Show Role 2011-Pressent The Vampire Diaries Kol Mikaelson 2011 Crownies Jesse Major 2010 Cops LAC Jahrryde 2008 Out Of The Blue Paul O'Donnell 2003 All Saints Damon Lloyd 2002 Home and Away Paul Chalmers 2001 Water Rats Uncreditied role
Year Movie Role 2010 Needle Ryan 2009 Multiple Choice Tommy 2008 Offing David David 2007 Road Rage Young Driver 2007 My Greatest Day Ever Coach Dirty Deeds Uncredited Role S.M.S Uncredited role
Year Show Role 2007 The Mint 2005 Studio Disney Weather Ed
- Nathaniel's family background is a mix of Croatian and German.
- His mother is from Split in Croatia, and he calls Croatia his homeland, saying "Hrvatska je moja domovina", basing on that, he may be speaking Croatian as well.
- He auditioned at the beginning of the series and he was really close to getting the role of Stefan Salvatore but was second and lost out to Paul Wesley.
- He is a first-generation Australian having been born in Sydney.
- His height is 6'1".
- Began acting at the age of 15.
- He has starred in a number of school productions.
- Received a scholarship to attend the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney from 1998 to 2001.
- Danced in the opening and closing ceremonies of the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000.
- School captain of De La Salle in 2001.
- Nathaniel is a graduate of Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors in Sydney Australia attending the school from 2001 to 2004.
- Completed a marketing degree at the University of Western Sydney in 2007.
- Buzolic has played competitive basketball for New South Wales.
- He is a keen snowboarder.
- His favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio.
- His first break was hosting the Disney Channel's afternoon kids show, Studio Disney.
- His celebrity crush is Australian singer and actress Delta Goodrem.
- He is a devout Christian and an avid supporter of the End It Movement, a fundraiser and organization that works towards ending all types of modern-day slavery in the world. Their primary focus is sexual slavery.
- He can speak using multiple accents as seen in a recent Vampire Diaries convention.