Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||The sun became our enemy. It kept us indoors for weeks... And though my mother found a solution, there were other problems...||”|
— Rebekah about the first daylight rings in Ordinary People
The Mikaelson Family Rings are the first daylight rings in history, created by Esther, the mother of the family, and the Original Witch. Esther enchanted six golden rings with lapis-lazuli stones for the six members of the Original Family of vampires (also known as "The Originals"), they prevented one from burning in the sunlight.
Although the Originals cannot be destroyed by the sun, the sun will burn them before they heal. Without their rings in the public, they would expose themselves as vampires. Since they were the first of their kind, only the originals owned daylight rings, and for many decades, it kept up, until the spell to create the rings was slowly revealed, and more and more vampires started to wear Daylight Amulets. Either by form of rings, or other jewelry.
People who possess The Original Family RingThese Vampires are known for possessing The Originals Family Ring:
- Mikael: His ring was worn on his left pinky.
- Elijah Mikaelson: His ring is worn on his left middle finger.
- Finn Mikaelson: His ring was worn on his right middle finger.
- His ring is no longer worn on his finger, as a hybrid the sun no longer affects him.
- When he was a vampire, it was on his right middle finger, and is on his right pointer finger in the flashback to the 1920's.
- It was probably lost when Klaus broke his curse and transformed into a wolf for the first time in over a thousand years.
- Kol: His ring was worn on his right middle finger and lost after his first death as a vampire.
- Rebekah: Her ring is worn on her right middle finger.
- Sage: Her ring was worn on her right middle finger.