|“||Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking- save it. Nothing you say matters to me.||”|
During The Middle Ages, when Rebekah and her younger brother Henrik were watching Elijah and Niklaus sword fighting, Mikael came and attacked Niklaus with Elijah's sword. He beat Niklaus, claiming that it was a miracle he was still alive. Mikael then left as Rebekah and Elijah looked at him. When Henrik died, Rebekah listened to the conversions with Mikael, Esther, and Ayana about turning them into vampires to protect them against the werewolves, the cause of Henrik's death. Mikael then killed his children by stabbing them in the hearts with his sword, and then forced them to drink blood from a human. After Mikael apparently killed his wife Esther, he ran away and Elijah, Klaus, and Rebekah buried their mother.
1920sEditMikael had been chasing Klaus and Rebekah for centuries, and caught them at a bar. The two ran away just in time. Mikael questioned Stefan Salvatore, if he knew the persons on the drawing he was showing him, but Stefan was compelled to forget he ever met Klaus and Rebekah.
Season Three EditWhen Elena threatened to awaken Mikael, Rebekah agreed to Elena's demands to tell her about the family history. When Mikael and Rebekah reunited in the present time, Rebekah says she doesn't want to speak to him. Mikael says that she was never his target, but she responds that she knew what Klaus had done and that she didn't care, and told him that Niklaus and the rest of Mikael's children were not born a killer and blamed Mikael for making Klaus this way and he did not destroy their family. Mikael did, for turning them into vampires.
- Rebekah: "Finally, took you long enough.."
- Mikael: "Rebekah."
- Rebekah: "Whatever fatherly rubbish you´re thinking- save it. Nothing you say matters to me."
- Mikael: "I see. Where is my dagger?"
- Rebekah: "Elena has it. So you can forget your plans to use it on me."
- Mikael: "You were never what I was after."
- Rebekah: "Nik was my family. If you were after him, you were after me."
- Mikael: "He blinded you, Rebekah. He killed your mother!"
- Rebekah: "I know what he did, and he´ll pay for it with his life. But Nik was not born a killer- none of us were! You did this to us when you turned us into vampires! You destroyed our family. Not him."