|“||I love you, Stefan. We will be together again, I promise.||”|
DAMON MAKES A DANGEROUS ENEMY — Stefan takes drastic measures to find out the real reason Katherine has returned to Mystic Falls, and is shocked when she reveals new secrets about what really happened in 1864. Damon tries a new tactic to resolve his issues with Mason, but it proves costly. Tyler pushes Mason to tell him the truth about the Lockwoods. Finally when Katherine delivers an ultimatum, Stefan and Elena are left with very few options.
- Antagonist: Katherine Pierce.
- This is the first flashback episode in Season Two and the fourth flashback episode of the series overall. It's also the first set of flashbacks that do not focus on Stefan or Damon.
- Elena and Katherine finally meet for the first time in this episode.
- Katherine has more screen time than Elena in this episode.
- Mason meets Alaric in this episode.
- Katherine reminds Stefan of the events of the First Founders' Party in 1864.
- Katherine is revealed to have asked George Lockwood for 27 vampires to recorded as having been burned in the church after the vampire round-up, including herself, even though there were at least 28 in Mystic Falls. This left some people to speculate that she was saving Anna to use in the sacrifice.
- The dream Katherine used her powers to give Stefan that involved Elena and Damon being a couple is foreshadowing their actual romantic relationship that would later become official in Season Four.
- Dances With Wolves - Oscar-winning movie released in 1990 in which Lt. John Dunbar (Kevin Costner), who is exiled to a remote western outpost, befriends wolves and Native Americans, making him an intolerable aberration in the military.
- Pictionary - A guessing word game where the team has to identify specific words from their teammates' drawings.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 3.20 million viewers in USA, which was 0.37 million less than the previous episode.
- Katherine: "It was easy to get inside of your head. Have you completely forsaken your nature?
- (Stefan attacks Katherine who then pushes him across the room.)
- Katherine: "Are we really going to do this again? We both know I could rip you to shreds and do my nails at the same time."
- Stefan: "What do you want?"
- Katherine: "I wanted to see you. I miss you Stefan. Indulge me for a little while, please?"
- Stefan: "Why are you back in town?"
- Katherine: "Three reasons: You, you and... You."
- Tyler: "Come on man, give me two minutes, alright? You can't keep dodging me. I'm freaking out over here."
- Mason: "Tyler, what do you want me to say, man? Yes, I turn into a wolf. No, it's not gonna happen to you."
- Tyler: "How do you know that?"
- Mason: "Because you're not gonna trigger the curse. Your dad didn't know anything about any of this, and neither did I until it happened to me."
- Tyler: "How does it get triggered?"
- Mason: "Ignorance is bliss. Trust me."
- Henry: "I looked into those attacks from the other night. It wasn't vampires."
- Katherine: "That's good news, Henry. It means we have nothing to worry about."
- Henry: "I'm afraid you don't understand. Those folks were ripped apart in ways I've never seen before."
- Katherine: "Have you not heard the words that I've said? I've answered that question five times over now."
- Stefan: "Well, good, make it six."
- Katherine: "I want what I want Stefan, and I don't care what I have to do to get it. My list of victims is a long one, and I have no problem adding one more name to that list."
- Stefan: "Come on Katherine, if you wanted Elena dead, you would have done it by now."
- Katherine: "Still can."
- Katherine (to Stefan about Elena): "If I have to, I will snap her neck like a twig and you know it."
- Katherine: (to Stefan)"I don't want you seeing Elena anymore. If you don't remove her from your life, I will kill everyone that she loves while she watches, and then I will kill her while you watch."
- Elena: "What do you want?"
- Damon: "So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back."
- Elena: "I tricked you. That's not stabbing you in the back-- it's using your own tactics against you."
- Damon: "Where are you going?"
- Elena: "I made myself clear, Damon. I don't want anything to do with you."
- Damon: "Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue."
- Elena: "How do you know about Jenna's barbecue?"
- Damon: "Well, it was my idea. Jenna went to school with Mason, so I figured it was a good opportunity to get to know the guy. So, I asked Alaric to ask Jenna..."
- Elena: "Does Jenna know you're coming? 'Cause she's not exactly a big fan of yours."
- Damon: "Well I figured this peach cobbler would be a good way."
- Elena: "What are you up to?"
- Damon: "I'm gonna stick some silver into Mason Lockwood to prove he's a werewolf. See you at the barbecue."
- Mason (to Damon): "I heard great things about you."
- Damon: "Really? That’s weird because I’m a dick."
- Damon (to Mason): "I pegged you for the lone wolf."
- Mason: "I’m sure I’m not half the lady-killer you are."
- Stefan: "They were your friends. They were your family. And you just sold them out."
- Katherine: "Without blinking."
- Jenna (to Elena): "I'll be nice when Damon learns to keep his paws off you."