|“||I finally chose one of the good ones.||”|
These two are also known as "Mabekah" and "Ratt" by fans.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
- Matt and Rebekah see each other in the episode The Reckoning but do not speak to each other.
- Rebekah nearly caused Matt's death in The Departed when she purposely caused the truck he and Elena Gilbert were driving to run off Wickery Bridge and into the river to kill the newly-turned Enhanced Original vampire Alaric Saltzman by killing Elena. However, Matt survived the accident thanks to Elena demanding that Stefan save him first.
- Rebekah ultimately made up for this by saving Matt's life on two occasions: first, by saving him from being blown up with explosives set by Alexander in Graduation, and again in 500 Years of Solitude, when she rescued him after he was buried alive in the woods by Nadia to force Stefan and Elena into helping her save her mother's life.
- Rebekah kisses Matt for the first time in Graduation.
- After Graduation, Matt and Rebekah spent the summer together traveling around Europe.
- Zach Roerig is a huge Mabekah fan.
- If Zach Roerig could play any character, he would play Rebekah Mikaelson.
- Matt's sister Vicki seemed to disapprove of this relationship, as she told Bonnie to tell him to "quit knocking around with that blonde Original chick" when her ghost came to visit.
- Despite Matt and Rebekah no longer living in the same town, Rebekah's feelings for Matt are still referenced regularly by Klaus in the Mikaelsons' new hometown of New Orleans.