- Matt: "How’s Elena doing?"
- Bonnie: "Her mom and dad died. How do you think? She’s putting on a good face but its only been 4 months."
- Matt: "Has she said anything about me?"
- Bonnie: "Oh, no. So not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her."
- Matt: "I feel weird calling her. She broke up with me."
- Bonnie: "Give it more time, Matt."
- (Elena and Stefan walk in together)
- Matt: "More time, huh?"
- -- Pilot.
- Bonnie: How's Caroline?
- Matt: She's not good, Bon.
- Bonnie: What happened?
- Matt: We were driving.. and Tyler heard this noise.. and he got..
- Bonnie: A noise?
- Matt: Yeah, he got like this migraine or something. And he lost control of the car. And I.. I thought. I thought that Caroline was fine.. and then.. then she wasn't, so.
- -- The Return.
- Matt: She’s obviously pissed at me for something..but for what no clue.
- Bonnie: What happened?
- Matt: She freaked out. She’s been like that all day, cool one minute and crazy neurotic the next.
- Bonnie: She almost died it’s bound to mess with her head. Plus she’s Caroline.
- Matt: Yeah I’m used to the insecurities and all that..you know..that’s who she is love it or hate it but this seemed i don’t know different..more..I don’t..I can’t explain it.
- -- Brave New World
- (He calls Bonnie)
- Bonnie: What is taking so long?
- (Matt has a iron belt and a heavy thing)
- Matt: This is going to sound crazy, but I think Vicki's trying to reach out to me
- Bonnie: What?
- Matt: I think she can help us save Tyler.
- Bonnie: No, Jeremy can help us save Tyler.
- Matt: We can't find Jeremy. We need to try something else. I have an idea but I'm going to need your help. Meet me at the pool.
- Bonnie: I don't understand.
- Matt: Jeremy can see ghosts because you brought him back from the dead. I need you to do that for me.
- Bonnie: What?! No, Matt, that's crazy!
- Matt: This is going to work, trust me.
- Bonnie: No, Matt, I can't do that kind of magic anymore.
- Matt: You don't need magic, Bonnie. You just have to be better than I was at CPR.
- (He puts the belt and attaches the heavy thing to it then he jumps on the water to stay at the bottom)
- -- The Reckoning
- Bonnie: Listen to me, I know you wanna help and I know you miss your sister but what you did was reckless and stupid.
- Matt: I know, Bonnie. I know. But it worked. It was worth it.
- Bonnie: You don’t want to be part of all this, Matt. You’re the only one of us who actually gets to live their life like a normal person, no matter how lost you feel. Don’t forget that.
- Matt: Do you realize that just last summer, you and I were lifeguards at the pool? And the only two problems I had in my life were that Elena was breaking up with me and I sucked at CPR. Everything was so different then. Yeah. Now Elena’s dating a vampire, you’re a witch, my sister’s a ghost, and.. I’m.. I’m just a guy who’s wondering how life got so screwed up.
- -- The Reckoning
- Matt: So, if this happens every time I die with the Gilbert ring, the second I go back, that means I'm just gonna forget about all of this. I'll forget that you're dead. Bonnie, you and Jeremy can't keep this a secret anymore. I'm sorry your dad died. I know it's hard, but how are you gonna deal with his death if you can't even deal with your own?
- Bonnie: It's really good to see you, Matt.
- -- True Lies
- Bonnie: You didn't do anything wrong, Matt. You know I would've sent 300 emails back if I could. I miss you.
- -- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Bonnie: What's this?
- Matt: When Bonnie Bennett has a hunch, you don't ignore it.
- -- I'll Wed You in the Golden Summertime
- Matt: You have to get out of town now Bon.
- Bonnie: I'm not letting Kai win.
- Matt: Bonnie, Elena is the only thing Damon Salvatore cares about, he'll kill you. You have to get out of here now.
- -- I'm Thinking Of You All The While
- Bonnie: Matt, surrendering the town is not the solution. We need to stop them.
- Matt: They had been stopped, Bon, back in 1903. But then, you betrayed Kai, he let them out, and I got to bury all my buddies from the Sheriff's department.
[Bonnie, looking hurt, pauses for a moment]
- Bonnie: So this is my fault?
- Matt: [guiltily] No. I didn't say that...
[They stare at each other for a moment until Matt sighs]
- Matt: Look, I gotta go patrol.
- -- Day One of Twenty-Two Thousand, Give or Take