|“||So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us.||”|
- Jonas Martin: Jonas was a medical doctor that moved from Louisiana with his son, Luka. He collected Grimoires of witches which he says are all his families', saying "witches are family. We’re all bounded together by code of loyalty to help each other". He was working with Elijah in hopes of being able to free his daughter Greta Martin from Klaus. Jonas has a deep love for his children, which is seen, along with some possible anger issues, when he goes on a destructive tirade at The Grill after Luka is killed. He attempts to kidnap Elena to bargain his daughter's release from Klaus. Jonas was killed by Stefan Salvatore and Katerina Petrova.
- Luka Martin: Luka was a teenage warlock that moved from Louisiana with his father, Jonas Martin. He developed a crush on another witch named Bonnie Bennett, who bewitched him into telling her his reason for why he came to Mystic Falls. Luka was later killed by Damon Salvatore during an attempt to bring Elijah back to life.
- Greta Martin: Greta was the daughter of Jonas and sister of Luka Martin. As a witch, she was allegedly kidnapped by Klaus, as were many others, and forced into finding another way to break the Curse of the Sun and Moon without using a Petrova Doppelgänger. However, it seems as though her allegiance to Klaus is more intentional than obligated. Greta was later killed by Damon Salvatore during the sacrifice.
This is The Martin Family Tree contains all known members of this family.
|Mrs. Martin †||Jonas Martin †|
|Luka Martin †||Greta Martin †|
- Jonas, Luka, and Greta all went to Mystic Falls with an Original, trying to break the curse, and all three died at the hands of the Salvatore brothers.
- It is the first family of witches who does not appear in the books.
- The Martins are the second family of witches (the first is the Bennett Family) to be involved in matters of vampires.
- The Martins are the first family in the series which has male witches. (Not mentioned if the Bennett Family has male witches.)