She is most known for playing Ana Solis on Desperate Housewives and as Meena Paroom on Cory in the House.
Maiara Walsh was born on February 18th, 1988, in Seattle, Washington. She is half Brazilian, speaks Portuguese fluently, and is proficient in Spanish. From an early age she enjoyed performing in school plays and talent shows. When she moved to California with her family, she had a better opportunity to express her skills. She continued acting in plays, and began her career in independent movies and TV shows such as the feature Lullabye Before I Wake and Nickelodeon’s Unfabulous. At 18, she booked the role of Meena on Disney Channel’s Cory in the House. She played an ambassador’s daughter from the fictional country of Bahavia, and one of Cory’s best friends. The show continues to be a success on the Disney Channel.
In 2008, she filmed the Sci Fi/Paramount pilot called Revolution. She played Billy Campbell’s daughter, a sharp tongued teen political activist. She also shot the film The Prankster, expected out this year with Devon Werkheiser from Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide, as well as Ken Davitian (Borat), and Kurt Fuller (Pursuit of Happiness). Maiara recently signed onto Desperate Housewives, to play Eva Longoria’s niece, Ana. Maiara is a human rights activist, and spends much of her time volunteering and putting together community projects. She also enjoys traveling, reading, spending time outdoors, and studying Psychology, Biology, and Neuroscience on her own time.
- Mean Girls 2 (2011)
- The Prankster (2010)
- The Starving Games (2013)
- The Vampire Diaries (2010)
- Desperate Housewives (2009-2010)
- Cory in the House (2007-2008)
- Switched at Birth
- Music from one scene in Kill or Be Killed where she appears is the same as in her movie Mean Girls 2 (Obsession by Sky Ferreira).
- She and Claire Holt both played in Mean Girls 2.
- Maiara Walsh, that plays Sarah in Season Two has the same last name as the actress that played Sarah in Season Six, Gabrielle Walsh. Although, they're not related.