The Lockwood Mansion was the previous residence of Tyler Lockwood, Richard Lockwood and Carol Lockwood . After the death of Carol and Richard Lockwood, Tyler left town to evade Niklaus Mikaelson and deeded the Lockwood Mansion to Matt Donovan, essentially stripping the invitation from any vampires who had previously been invited inside by a Lockwood family member. From then on, Matt has lived in the house, though he has had a variety of temporary roommates during this time, including Hayley Marshall, Jeremy Gilbert, and Liv Parker, along with Tyler again after he moved back. The mansion was the residence of Matt Donovan, Stefan Salvatore and Damon Salvatore, after the Heretics' arrival.
Richard Lockwood resided here until his death during the Founders' Day Celebration. The Lockwoods have hosted many events here especially since it's most likely the biggest house in Mystic Falls. The Founder's Party was held here where they showed objects and things from the past including a roster of the original people at the first founder's party and Elena Gilbert's family objects. The Masquerade Ball took place here as well, some time around Halloween.
Invited in by Matt
- Tyler Lockwood - (Hybrid/now ex-Hybrid and triggered werewolf)
- Caroline Forbes - (Vampire)
- Elena Gilbert - (Vampire)
- Stefan Salvatore - (Vampire)
- Nadia Petrova - (Vampire)
- Damon Salvatore - (Vampire)
- The real-life address is 2129 East Street SE, Covington, Georgia, USA.
- The Original Vampire Mikael was killed on the steps of the mansion by Klaus for the first time in Homecoming. The second time was in Night Has A Thousand Eyes in The Abattoir once again by Klaus.
- According to Stefan, there are at least 8 bedrooms in the house. "Look. We have, um, 5 guest rooms. You should probably stay the night." — Stefan to Valerie in Live Through This
- Matt's room
- Stefan's room
- Damon's room (Master bedroom)
- 5 guest rooms