|“||If you want to be with someone forever, you have to live forever.||”|
Lee is a vampire who was turned by Lexi, his late girlfriend, many years ago so they could be together forever. When Damon killed Lexi, he suck revenge, but Elena convinced him to honour Lexi by not killing Damon.
During his human years he met Lexi and fell in love with her. At first, he was confused about how he felt about her, but eventually came to terms with his feelings towards her. She turned him into a vampire so that they could spend forever together.
Bree called him shortly after Damon and Elena arrived at her bar. When Elena went outside to speak on her phone, he kidnapped her to lead Damon into a trap when he tried to rescue her. He attacked Damon, but Elena begged him to stop, revealing that Lexi had told her about him and, since Lexi was good, he must be, too. Lee, in anger, then threw Damon at the wall. Elena thanked him for not killing Damon, but he only said it wasn't for her, and fled.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Some of these powers are more potent when the vampire gets older and feeds on human blood.
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than humans and grow stronger with time. Even new vampires who are still in transition can toss a fully grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their strength is also more powerful then werewolves that are not in wolf form.
- Super Speed - Vampires can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion.
- Emotional Control - The supernatural ability to control and manipulate the emotions of one's self.
- Dream Manipulation - Vampires can control dreams and subconscious. The vampires can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming. Other effects of this ability is the distortion of reality and trapped in the dreams.
- Heightened Senses - They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far off buildings, smell blood, and see in total darkness.
- Mind Compulsion - Vampires have the ability to control minds, plague people's dreams, and alter/erase human memories.
- Immortality - A vampire stops aging once turned. Upon their transformation, vampires then on become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus and infection. The only known disease or infection that can kill a vampire is a werewolf bite.
- Healing Factor - Vampires can snap their finger bones back into place after being broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement.
- Vervain - When ingested, vervain causes a vampire to become severely weak and feverish. Also, If a vampire's skin is exposed to vervain, it can result in burning them.
- Wood - If a vampire is wounded by wood it will cause the vampire to become severely weak and if a vampire takes a wooden stake through its heart it will result in death.
- Fire or Sunlight - Any exposure to fire or sunlight will result in death to a vampire.
- Heart Extraction - The act of removing a vampire's heart will result in death.
- Werewolf Bite - The bite of a werewolf is extremely lethal to normal vampires.
- Magic - Witches are able to give supernatural aneurysms that cause the blood vessels of vampires to explode.
- Decapitation - The act of dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in death.
- Uninvited Invitation - Vampires cannot enter a house without being invited in. If they are in the house without being invited in they will become disoriented.
- Vampire bloodline - All vampires were sired from the Originals, the progenitors of the bloodline. If an Original dies, all vampire sired by them and subsequent of these vampires will die as well.
- He and Charlotte are the only vampires to appear in one episode and never appear again without being killed.
- Lee, Charlotte, Nandi and Lucy are the only living supernatural characters to be seen in just one episode without being killed.
- It is unknown if Lee is still alive as, if he was part of Mikael, Finn or Kol's bloodlines, then he would have died when they did.