Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||It's the intersection between science and spirit, darlings. With the right chemistry, you can realize your wildest dreams.||”|
Kemiya is a magical practice that allows a witch to physically change the elemental foundation of an object or magically imbue said creations with harmful supernatural properties, creating a dark object.
It crosses the boundary between magic and science, utilizing aspects of both. Thus, it is able to physically and magically alter the properties of object
Kol Mikaelson learned about Kemiya during his time with witches in Arabia. He brought his knowledge of it to the witches in New Orleans in the early 1900's. Hoping to have them use it to create a dagger that would be able to successfully neutralize his brother, Klaus, Kol had his witch followers practice in the art of Kemiya by creating an arsenal of dark objects.
Spells and Rituals Edit
- Main article: Spells and Rituals
- Creation of Dark Objects: Several spells fall under this category. When enacted, such spells allow witches to imbue objects with magical abilities using a precise chemistry between science and spirit.
- Incantation: Lim Ala dar ala dilj.
- Ingredients Object in question, Element used as focus for power (Paragon diamond)
- Used by: Various witches of the French Quarter performed these spells throughout the last two centuries, either to avoid persecution or for help. Some of the objects created are a rosary that drives men to madness, a bracelet that forces obedience and shackles that halts a witch's magic.
- Gold Creation Spell: The object that the witches are holding will slowly be set on fire. As the flame consumes the object, it will then be made into pure gold.
- Incantation: E Loke Gae La lidi.
- Requirements: Physical contact with the object, Two or more witches
- Used by: Davina Claire and Kol (in possession of Kaleb) performed this spell on a rope which transformed it into gold. More recently, they successfully created a Gold Dagger capable of neutralizing the Original Hybrid, Klaus.
- Dispelling the Bracelet of Obedience: The bracelet cursed by the witches to force obedience will have it's mystical abilities "bleed" out, which will also undo all effects it has on a person.
- Incantation: Dinti tu e sedo per un dayen un trahen ble doce mozore un frantue e sedo per un trahen, un trahen ble do sedo per.
- Requirements: Physical contact with the bracelet
- Used by: Kol (in possession of Kaleb) used his knowledge of dark objects in order to disempower the bracelet of obedience. By doing so, he reversed the binding spell over Mikael, cast by Davina.
Practitioners of KemiyaEdit
- Kemiyah is the magical practice that relies most heavily on the chemistry and connection between witches.
- Many objects were created using Kemiya. These include: a throwing star that can cause a thousand cuts with a single throw, a bracelet that induces obedience to the wearer, a rosary that causes madness, and shackles that negate a witch's magic being the most notable.
- Kol Mikaelson used the dark objects created to allow him to utilize magic without being a witch anymore.
- Two witches are required to perform Kemiya, if their power alone is insufficient, channeling each other's magic. In the 1900s, Kol used the combined efforts of Mary-Alice and Astrid. In present day, he used himself, in his new body as a witch, and Davina Claire.
- Performing Kemiya is a very demanding magic, not only needing two witches but also need an incredible amount of power to be used. A paragon diamond can be used to draw enough power from to use Kemiya.
- The Tremé Coven are known to have made most of the dark objects in Kieran's Secret Apartment, hinting at their knowledge of Kemiya.
- Kemiya shares some similarities with the actual practice of alchemy, with its focus on altering elemental properties.
- Kemiya (كيمياء) pronounced KE-mi-AH is a translation of the terms "chemistry" and "alchemy" in Arabic language.