SAVING HOPE – Desperate to save her daughter, Hayley turns to Marcel for help uncovering information about the mysterious force that has set its sights on the children of New Orleans. While Klaus remains behind with Hope, Elijah and a reluctant Vincent join the hunt, which puts them on a dangerous collision course with an unlikely new threat. Finally, Freya and Keelin must put aside their differences as they embark on a journey that may alter the power dynamic in New Orleans forever.
- Antagonists: The Hollow and its Followers.
- Freya and Keelin steal some of Marcel's venom.
- Freya gives Keelin a moonlight ring to strengthen her in their quest to weaken or kill Marcel. At first the ring was spelled so Keelin couldn't take it off. Freya altered it later so Keelin can remove it.
- Vincent realizes that The Hollow wanted them to find its followers and the abducted children.
- Hope tells her father, Klaus not to look at the blue light, which he tries to do but seems to have failed to do. Hope has a dream where she finds him and sees his eyes glow blue just before she wakes up.
- Hayley and Marcel learned from Lara that witches aren't the only ones that The Hollow has allied itself with but werewolves as well, namely Hayley's pack, the Crescents. She tells Marcel that even the powerful Beast will bow before it.
- Vincent transfers the sacrificial anchorage spell to Elijah and had Hayley stake him, temporarily killing him to save Hope and the other kids.
- Lara - Stabbed in the throat; killed by herself
- 5 Followers of The Hollow - various ways; killed by Klaus, Elijah, Marcel and Hayley
- Will Kinney - Broken neck; killed by Niklaus Mikaelson
- Sofya and Maxine were last seen in No Quarter.
- This episode marks the first time a Moonlight ring is made or given to a werewolf since the second season of The Originals.
Behind the Scenes
- "The Keepers of the House" is a 1964 novel by Shirley Ann Grau.
- Vincent: "Look guys, I know what we're up against. This thing is dark, it's angry."
- Elijah: "There's a force my family and I are here to erase. It's quite the monster you got lurking in there. You wanna see mine?"
- Hope: "It wants those other kids. I think it wants me too."
- Klaus: "I'm going to keep you safe. Always and forever."
- Keelin: "I guess I feel asleep working. You get any?"
- Freya: "I just woke up from a five year nap."
- Keelin: "You going somewhere?"
- Freya: "New Orleans. Hope is still sick. Klaus asked me to see what I can do."
- Keelin: "Great, as long as you're stepping into a war zone, see if you can get your hands on Marcel's venom."
- Freya: "Klaus did say that Marcel would be occupied. We can enter his home, steal whatever we need and leave before anyone notices."
- Keelin: "Okay, you want me to help you rob the most deadly vampire on the planet? I will past."
- Freya: "You're worried about a fight, allow me to even the odds. Stone is kyanite. It's been spelled to grant you total of your werewolf nature, even during the full moon."
- Keelin: "This is a cure. It's everything I've ever wanted. What's the catch?"
- Freya: "No catch. Insurance."
- Keelin: "Or like a leash. Spelled so I can't take it off."
- Freya: "Like you said, it's everything you ever wanted, provided you help me."
- Klaus: "How is she?"
- Hayley: "The fever's back but she's not in any pain. She's asking for you."
- Klaus: "Well make an excuse. I'd rather my daughter not know that I've gone off to murder the witches."
- Elijah: "We cannot be reckless, Niklaus."
- Klaus: "Then how would you have me respond? Should I delegate my child's safety to someone else?"
- Elijah: "Let me see what I can do."
- Hayley: "And I will handle Marcel. Out of the three of us, I win most likely not to get killed on arrival. Whatever we're up against, it's as much as his problem as it's ours."
- Klaus: "Leaving me to do what exactly?"
- Hayley: "Stay here and protect our daughter. Do not let anything or anyone come near her."
- Elijah: "Word of warning. The Marcel that you knew is gone. So whatever he is now, he's no ally."