She began modeling at the age of eight after seeing her eldest sister Heather modelling. She modeled for various companies such as Gitano Jeans and DreamPhone. When she reached her teen years, she attended Saint John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey. After her sophomore year Jodi left school to star on the soap Another World (1964), on which she played Marguerite Cory. After she left Another World she immediately landed the role of Cassidy Bridges on the hit CBS cop action/drama Nash Bridges (1996). She played Cassidy for all six seasons. While she was filming Nash Bridges she made her big screen debut in the 1998 Halloween sequel Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998). Jodi then hit the spotlight when she portrayed the snobby, popular, and rich Taylor Vaughan in the 1999 hit teen flick She's All That (1999). She then starred in three more movies before she began to keep a lower profile. Jodi starred in the hit TV show The Vampire Diaries as Jo, a witch who worked in a hospital and fiancée to Alaric Saltzman, the former vampire hunter. She currently stars in VH1's Hit the Floor.
- Another World (1995) - Maggie Cory #4
- Nash Bridges (1996-2001) - Cassidy Bridges
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) - Sarah Wainthrope
- She's All That (1999) - Taylor Vaughan
- The Crow: Salvation (2000) - Lauren Randall
- Whatever it Takes (2000) - Ashley Grant
- Devil in the Flesh 2 (2000) - Debbie Strong/Tracy Carley
- Dharma & Greg (2002) - Simone
- George Lopez (2002) - Campbell
- Red Rover (2003) - Kylie Logan
- Tru Calling (2004) - Candace Aimes
- The Help (2004) - Becky Wiggins
- Charmed (2004) - Spider Demon
- Boston Legal (2004) - Nora Jacobs
- Two and a Half Men (2004, 2005-2011) - Gail, Isabella
- Prison Break (2007-2009) - Susan B. Anthony/Gretchen Morgan
- Frozen Ground (2013) - Chelle Ringell
- Merry ExMas (2014) - Ashley Williams
- Hit the Floor (2014-present) - Lionel Davenport
- The Vampire Diaries (2014-2015) - Josette Laughlin, Florence
- Lucifer (2016) - Ronnie
- She and Melinda Clarke have both been on the TV series Charmed, but were in different episodes.
- Jodi studied tap and ballet.
- She is of Irish, Czech, Austrian, Polish, and Swedish ancestry.
- Jodi attended a co-ed Catholic school.