Joanne Harris used to live in New York City in an apartment complex next to Stefan Salvatore. One day she was killed, and her brother Jason Harris, assumed Stefan to be the killer. In his hunt he discovered that her killer was a vampire, and not Stefan, but his older brother Damon Salvatore.
Joanne had a brother named Jason and she used to live in New York City in an apartment complex next to Stefan. She is killed, and Jason assumes Stefan was the one who did it. He decides to hunt him down, but he discovers Joanne's killer was a vampire, but not Stefan, but Damon, Stefan's older brother. Joanne's death is not avenged as Damon proceeds to kill Jason as well.
There is nothing known about Joanne's personality.
It appears that Joanne had brown eyes and dark, brown hair like her brother, but since only her face and some parts of her hair is seen, it's unknown what her build or height was.
- A Darker Truth (Part 1) (Archive Footage/Corpse/Photos)
- A Darker Truth (Part 2) (Archive Footage/Corpse)
- A Darker Truth (Part 3) (Archive Footage/Corpse)
- A Darker Truth (Part 4) (Archive Footage/Corpse/Photo)
- Joanne is a common given name for females and is a variant of Joanna, which is a feminine form of John. It's derived from the Latin name Johanna and means "god is gracious". 
- Harris is a patronymic or paternal family name of British origins. 
- With the confirmation of human souls being in The Bright World or Hell, Joanne either found peace or went to hell.