A human is a mortal being who lives without any magical or paranormal powers.
As the human race repletes the majority of the Earth’s population, they are commonly noted for their desire to influence and understand the environment by seeking to explain and manipulate phenomena through mythology, philosophy, religion, and science.
Major Humans in the TV SeriesEdit
- Matt Donovan
- Elizabeth Forbes
- Meredith Fell
- April Young
- Amara (Former Immortal)
- Katherine Pierce (Digested The Cure)
- Humans can be turned into vampires.
- Humans can give birth to doppelgängers, werewolves, or witches.
- Humans can become mediums or supernatural hunter.
- The human race is the oldest species known to man.
- Humans generally have a short life-span when compared to other sentient species. Vampires and hybrids are ageless, witches can slow down their aging, and ghosts can keep on existing and influencing the world around them if they find a way. However, since Katherine Pierce was cured of her vampirism and she was 538 years old she was technically the oldest known human being alive until her Doppelgänger Amara was cured of her immortality and is now the oldest human being at 2,000+ also they are now older than any witch seen so far and even older than most vampires.
- Rebekah, Elena and Stefan miss being human.