|“||Don't be angry with Marcel either. He's my friend.||”|
Marcel was Hope's older adoptive brother via Klaus Mikaelson until The Bloody Crown, when Marcel openly declared war against The Mikaelsons. As a result of the war, Marcel imprisoned Hope's father for five years. He was also responsible for Hope's family slumbering for five years.
When they are reunited five years later, Hope and Marcel seem to get along fairly well. They bond over old stories about Hope's father, and Hope even gives him his century-old toy soldier back. Later, Marcel saves Hope from an attack on the compound, and she tells her father that she considers Marcel her friend.
Throughout The Originals Series
In From a Cradle to a Grave, after seeing what Mikael had done to his vampires at the Abattoir, Marcel ventured to the cemetery with the devil star, hoping to make Klaus bleed and take his blood. When he arrives, instead of using the star on Klaus, Marcel throws the star at Monique Deveraux in order to save Hope's life. He takes Hope and runs back to the Abattoir.
In Sanctuary, Finn tortured Marcel and asked about Hope, but Marcel was unable to remember due to Klaus compelling him to forget about Hope for her safety.
- Marcel also saved Hayley Marshall, Hope's mother, when she was a baby.
- Hope's birth brought about a reconciliation between Marcel and Klaus.
- They are both children of Niklaus Mikaelson.
- Hope, though, is Klaus' biological child while Marcel is his adoptive child.
- Marcel was the only one outside of the family her parents trusted to know the truth about her despite later having his memories compelled away by Klaus.
- Marcel was the second, besides Hayley, of Hope's family to hold her following her birth.
- Marcel helped cover up Hope's "death".
- Marcel wanted to use baby Hope as a truce so Klaus could heal his friends, who were all suffering from werewolf bites.
- Marcel is also one of the characters who is connected with all of The Hybrid Family as he is Klaus' adoptive son and best friend, Hayley's friend and savior from when she was a baby, and Hope's adoptive older brother/savior.
- Marcel allowed the Mikaelson Family to return to New Orleans so that Hope could be freed of The Hollow's influence, thus saving her life.
- Marcel believes Hope is better off without Klaus as a father.
- Hope freed Marcel from the cell that her father was keeping him in.
- Marcel saves Hope from Dominic and his men but makes sure that she can't see or hear the violence taking place.