|“||Our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat. Men that could transform themselves into wolves during the full moon. Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger.||”|
— Elijah about Henrik's Death
Henrik Mikaelson was born in the 10th century and was a member of the family of Originals, being the seventh son and the youngest child of Mikael and Esther. Henrik has six siblings consisting of three older brothers; Finn, Elijah, Kol, a maternal older half-brother named Niklaus and two older sisters, Freya, and Rebekah. He was also the uncle of Unnamed Nephew and Hope. He died when Klaus brought him to see the werewolves transform, but one of the werewolves lost control and mauled him to death. His death is what drove Esther to protect her children by turning them into vampires.
Henrik was a member of the Mikaelson Family.
Rebekah mentioned that Henrik was the youngest brother, which means he is the youngest member of the Mikaelson family.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
According to his sister, Rebekah, Henrik died as a human. Klaus felt like it was his fault for Henrik's death, as he was the one who brought Henrik to see the werewolves turn.
Throughout The Originals Series
In Always and Forever, Elijah tells Hayley that what drove his mother to turn his family into vampires was Henrik's death, and that was how the Mikaelsons were labelled as The Originals.
In Every Mother's Son, it was revealed that it was actually the tribe of Klaus's father that killed Henrik.
In Red Door, it was revealed by Mikael that one of the main reasons he has been hunting Klaus down for centuries was because he blames Klaus for Henrik's death.
Not much is known about the personality of Henrik, being quiet and following around his older brothers, but like his other siblings, he was afraid of his father. During a full moon, Klaus and Henrik went to see the transformation of the werewolves, which proves that he was equally reckless as his half-brother. Henrik was apparently closer to Rebekah and Klaus than his other brothers. It is possible that Henrik inherited temperament from his father, like the rest of his siblings.
Henrik is of medium height with long dark brown hair and with dark brown eyes, he appears between 11-14. Henrik was never seen speaking in The Vampire Diaries or The Originals during the flashbacks, but it can be assumed that his voice had a European accent, much like his siblings.
- Ordinary People (flashback)
- Always and Forever (archive footage only)
- Every Mother's Son (mentioned only)
- Red Door (mentioned only)
- Wheel Inside the Wheel (mentioned only)
- Henrik is the Scandinavian version of "Henry", meaning "ruler of the home".
- Mikaelson is Scandinavian and means "Son of Mikael".
- Henrik is the only member of the Mikaelson Family to appear only in flashbacks.
- Klaus implies that his death actually drove his mother insane.
- Michael Narducci has stated that Henrik was a non-supernatural human, which is why he did not go the Other Side when he was killed.
- https://twitter.com/MichaelNarducci/status/536418656922509313 (Narducci states Henrik didnt go to the Other Side because he never tapped into his power).
- Henrik is the only Mikaelson who has not cheated death.
- Henrik is the only Mikaelson sibling who has not met his older sister, Freya.