|“||I love you. Okay, I've always loved you. When I first saw you, I broke - you broke me. And nothing has ever been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word.||”|
After allying together for several episodes and forming a close friendship, both Hayley and Jackson agreed that a marriage would unite the werewolf clans. Jackson and Hayley shortly fell in love with each other both before and after their arranged marriage. Jackson has proven time and time again that he was willing to stand by Hayley, no matter the consequences. However, Jackson recognized that Hayley is also in love with Elijah Mikaelson, which strained their marriage and friendship quite a bit. Jackson overlooked this though because he decided to put the werewolf clans first and selflessly stayed with Hayley. Despite their frequent conversations and arguments about Hayley choosing the Mikaelson family over him and Hope many times, Jackson still stood by her because he truly loved her. In A Ghost Along the Mississippi, all was well in their relationship and they were thriving in the Bayou, but Tristan de Martel's Strix members kidnapped both of them. Hayley was forced to watch Tristan kill Jackson, effectively ending their marriage. Hayley is still mourning Jackson's death and she even made a hit list of Strix members to go after who were responsible for Jackson's murder, but after completing her hit list, she has chosen to move on from him by starting a romantic relationship with Elijah.
These two are also known as "Jayley" by fans.
The parents of Hayley (born Andréa Labonair), of the royal Labonair bloodline, and the parents of Jackson, of a second royal bloodline, knew each other, as they were all members of the Crescent Wolf Pack. Sometime after Hayley and Jackson were born, their parents arranged for the two to be betrothed in an effort to finally unite the two bloodlines so they could provide a united front against the vampires. However, the vampires attacked shortly afterward, and Hayley's parents were killed, resulting in Hayley being adopted by another family and leaving New Orleans. Afterward, the remaining Crescent werewolves were cursed by a witch who was working on the orders of the vampires' leader, Marcel, forcing all of the clan's werewolves to be stuck in their wolf forms at all times, except for the few hours during the full moon, when they were briefly returned to their human bodies.
Throughout The Originals Series
- Jackson : "I ask you to marry me, you take off for three days. Good thing I'm a secure guy... sort of."
- - Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire
- Jackson : "It's been a year. I have stood by you. I have fought for you. I have loved you and your daughter. And do you know what the worst part is? Coming out of those woods just now, seeing you sitting there... I'll be damned if it wasn't the best thing I had ever seen. Even when I'm pissed as hell, I would rather be near you than anywhere else."
- Hayley : "My feelings for Elijah are complicated...but that doesn't mean that I love you any less, Jack. I chose you, and I choose you again every single day."
- - Savior
- Jackson : " I love you. Okay, I've always loved you. When I first saw you, I broke - you broke me. And nothing has ever been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word."
- - A Ghost Along the Mississippi
- Jackson has been protecting and watching Hayley for years.
- Hayley and Jackson were arranged to be married when they were babies by their parents.
- Jackson was the first person shown to feel the baby kick.
- They are going to marry to reunite the pack.
- In Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire, Hayley tells Jackson that in the past three days she was gone after Jackson proposed, she slept with Elijah. At first, Jackson becomes upset but later on, he tells Hayley that he had no right to get upset at her for that.
- In Brotherhood of the Damned, Hayley learns about the extreme and unconventional rituals that she and Jackson must participate in before the The Unification Ceremony. She then meets Jackson's grandmother, Mary, a pack elder who will help them with the rituals before the wedding.
- In Sanctuary, she tells him the truth about Hope, that she is alive. In I Love You, Goodbye, he meets her for the first time and becomes her stepfather when he married her mother.
- Jackson knows that Hayley loves Elijah.
- They make love for the first time in They All Asked For You.
- Jackson and Hayley’s relationship will be tested. Jackson and Hayley’s wedding might’ve been strategic, but Jackson has proved both that he loves Hayley and that he deserves her love. However, their honeymoon phase is just about over, if it ever existed. "Over the course of these next episodes, we’re going to see where (Jackson and Hayley's) relationship is going and we’re going to see just how far both of them are willing to go to stand up for one another", Narducci said.
- Jackson's grandfather killed Hayley's parents.
- In between Out of the Easy and The Other Girl in New Orleans, they separate for the first time due to Hayley's involvement with the Mikaelsons, but they reunited in marriage in Savior.
- Jackson was killed by Tristan in A Ghost Along the Mississippi, ending their relationship. Hayley swore to Jackson that she would get revenge, and she did by locking Tristan away in the bottom of the ocean to drown for all eternity.
- Out of respect for Jackson, Hayley refused to pursue Elijah.
- However, this is short-lived when Hayley and Elijah kiss an episode before and are seen in bed together at the beginning of The Bloody Crown.