|“||Tough girl. You're a lot like your dad in that way.||”|
This yet-unnamed werewolf was the husband of a yet-unnamed woman, the father of Hayley Marshall-Kenner (born Andréa Labonair), and the maternal grandfather of Hope Mikaelson. He was a member of the Labonair Family, which was one of the two royal bloodlines of the Crescent Wolf Pack, which ruled the French Quarter in the 1990s. He was killed along with his wife by Richard Xavier Dumas when their daughter was still in her cradle.
This werewolf was born or married into the Royal Labonair bloodline, which has existed since the beginning of werewolf history. He belonged to the Crescent Wolf Pack, which was a clan made of two packs of royal werewolves, and which took control of the French Quarter in the early 1990s.
He presumably led the clan as a high-ranking member of the Labonair bloodline. The wolves in this clan liked to fight and enjoyed gaining power no matter what was needed to be done for it. Hayley's father knew Marcel Gerard, who said that his family had many enemies. His family was also in conflict with the Northeast Atlantic Pack, Niklaus Mikaelson's biological father Ansel's pack, and with the other royal family of his clan.
He had also recovered one of the four remains of the Hollow and hid it from Richard Dumas, who wanted all four. On the day of his death, the two argued, as Hayley's father didn't want to give Richard the bone. After a struggle, Richard slit Hayley's father's throat, but before he died he dropped a key to his storage locker between the floorboards.
Richard then went on to kill Hayley's mother, while her daughter screamed from her cradle. Fortunately, Andréa was rescued by Marcel who gave her to Father Kieran and found her an adoptive family, who gave her the name Hayley Marshall.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries SeriesEdit
In The Killer, he was mentioned by his daughter, Hayley.
Throughout The Originals SeriesEdit
In Crescent City, Jackson explained to Hayley that both her parents and his had decided that Hayley and Jackson would be betrothed to each other in order to once again unite the two packs of the Crescent Clan.
In An Unblinking Death, Marcel and Hayley had a chat, where Marcel admitted to Hayley that he knew her father and told her the part of her family story that he knew. He also noticed that she was a tough girl, and remarked that she was similar to her father in that way.
In From a Cradle to a Grave, after having given birth to her daughter, Hope, Hayley decided to send her to live with her aunt Rebekah Mikaelson to protect her from the enemies of the Mikaelson family. She argued in favor of her plan to Klaus and Elijah by reminding them that she grew up in a war-zone, and her parents thought they could protect her, but ultimately couldn't; in the end, they were killed, and she spent her childhood alone and unloved, a fate that she didn't want for her own daughter.
In Sanctuary, Hayley learns the truth about her parent's murders from Jackson.
In Bag of Cobras, Freya uses a spell that allows Hayley to see her parents murder in flashes. In one of the flashes, she sees her father drop a key between the floorboards of his house shortly before his death. She recovers the key which leads her to a storage locker her father owned, where she discovers a piece of bone, that is later revealed to be part of the Hollow's skeletal remains, which he died protecting.
According to Marcel Gerard, he was a fighter, like his daughter and granddaughter. He also had many enemies.
He was an attractive man with a slim physique. He had thin eyebrows, trimmed dark brown hair, and brown eyes. He also had a bit of facial hair, though it appeared to only be stubble. As a member of the Labonair family, he had a Crescent birthmark on his shoulder, which was shown in the pictures that were found by Hayley.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a member of the Crescent Wolf Pack, Hayley's father can be assumed to be a powerful werewolf in his own right, as well as possessing all the standard werewolf powers and abilities.
He had all the typical weaknesses of a werewolf.
- Always and Forever (Mentioned)
- An Unblinking Death (Mentioned)
- The Battle of New Orleans (Mentioned)
- From a Cradle to a Grave (Mentioned)
- Sanctuary (Mentioned)
- I Hear You Knocking (Mentioned)
- Bag of Cobras (Flashback)
- High Water and a Devil's Daughter (Photos)
- Hayley's father had similarities with Niklaus' father, Ansel:
- Both were werewolves and were the elder/alpha of their pack/clan.
- Neither were able to raise their respective children; Hayley's father was killed when his child was a baby, and Klaus was raised by his mother and her husband, the former of whom forbade Ansel from having any contact with his son.
- They are both grandfathers to Hope Mikaelson.
- Their children both became hybrids: Klaus is the original hybrid, while Hayley was transformed after she died with her daughter's blood in her system.
- In An Unblinking Death, Marcel noticed that Hayley was a strong person, and informed her that she was just like her dad in that way; in Girl in New Orleans, Hayley had the same sentiment while talking to a doctor, remarking that her own daughter was already a tough one just like herself.
- Hayey's father knew Marcel Gerard.
- Since the Other Side collapsed, it is possible he found peace or went to Hell.