|“||You were the only one who never treated me like a misfit. For centuries my only place was by your side and now I belong beside my daughter. And I suppose you deserve to find your place in the world as l well.||”|
FATHERS & DAUGHTERS — After five long years apart, Klaus attempts to reconnect with his daughter, Hope. Even as father and daughter bond, the rest of the family is still in turmoil. Elijah mediates a conflict between Hayley and Freya to determine the best way to protect the family. Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vincent tells Marcel terrible secrets about his ex-wife, Eva Sinclair, even as they begin their search for a mysterious witch who plans to sacrifice a group of innocent children – including Hope Mikaelson.
Special Guest Star
- Vincent tells Marcel about the new threat to New Orleans is his fault and that it's older than the Ancestors. He also tells Marcel that this magic is what changed Eva into the monster she became.
- An unnamed zealot serves as the antagonist of the episode. He uses powerful magic that renders Marcel temporarily unconscious, and later forces him to the ground in agony after surviving being impaled through his chest by Marcel.
- It is shown that Keelin doesn't heal as fast as werewolves would normally. She explains that she weakened herself through her knowledge of medicine.
- Kol still misses Davina and tells Rebekah that she would be 23 years old now, meaning she was born in 1996. Kol also says there's no telling how Davina would've made the world a better place the last 5 years if she had lived. This, however, directly contradicts the established timeline which would make her 24 years old, making it a continuity error.
- Hope heals a butterfly while Klaus watches after removing her bracelet (which Davina had previously given her). She thinks that her mother Hayley doesn't know about her magic use but she does as Hayley mentions it to Elijah about how Hope has healed animals with her magic.
- Female patron of the house - Blood loss; killed by Rebekah Mikaelson and Kol Mikaelson
- Zealot - Throat slit; killed by Vincent Griffith
- Man in a car - Drained of blood; killed by Rebekah Mikaelson
- Emergency driver - Throat slit; killed by Will Kinney
- Will Kinney was last seen in The Bloody Crown.
- Sophie Deveraux is mentioned. She was last seen in Crescent City.
- Davina Claire was mentioned. She was last seen as a conjured spirit in Give 'Em Hell Kid.
- Eva Sinclair was last seen Exquisite Corpse as herself, when she took back possession of her body, briefly.
- Hayley's Safe-House
- New Orleans
Behind the Scenes
- "Haunter of Ruins" is a photography book of Clarence John Laughlin featuring photographs of New Orleans.
- Klaus: "I want one day of peace with my daughter and I'm not asking."
- Rebekah: "What will you do with your immortality now that you're not burdened with saving Nik's soul?"
- Elijah: "I don't know."
- Marcel: "I know you seen a lot of crazy. I've never seen you scared. How does one missing boy mean the whole city is in danger?"
- Vincent: "Whoever is doing this they're gonna want more."
- Klaus: "Nothing is going to harm my little girl."
- Vincent: [Chanting Incantation]
- Will: "I'm never going to get used to that."
- Vincent: "Will, thanks for coming man. You got some news for me?"
- Will: "Not the good kind. Adam Folsom isn't our only case. We got three additional reports of missing kids. Look, Vince, maybe this isn't your kind of case. Let me conduct my investigation. I'll let you know if anything supernatural happens."
- Vincent: "I need you to stay out of this one okay? I need you to make sure the cops stay out of this one too."
- Will: "I'm not going to leave you alone to deal with four missing kids."
- Vincent: "I'm not going to be alone. I got Marcel and his vampires."
- Will: "I still don't trust Marcel."
- Vincent: "I don't--"
- Marcel: "Yeah, well that's just too bad. Because I'm the only guy here getting anything done. One of my guys spotted some lights at the old Strix mansion. Now the place has been boarded up for years. All of a sudden, lock is busted off the front gate."
- Will: "I should call this in."
- Vincent: "Will, man, I'm trying to protect you."
- Will: "Fine. These kidnappings are going to hit the press, Vince. My guess? You have until the end of the day at best."
- Vincent: "Let's go."
- Marcel: "Hey, hold up. weren't you just soaking this thing in lighter fluid this morning?"
- Vincent: "Marcel, do me a favor. I want you to keep that book far away from me. If I even try to come for it, I want you to kill me."
- Kol: "What's the hold up? We rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger. Why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez? You can catch up on the last five years while we're on our way. I assure you, you haven't missed much."
- Elijah: "Circumstances have changed. We will leave here soon enough."
- Rebekah: "We have a niece to consider."
- Freya: "Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."
- Klaus: "We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughter before we uproot her."
- Freya: "Any delay is a risk."
- Klaus: "One day! We're in the middle of nowhere. the house is cloaked, we weren't followed and I'm not asking!"
- Hayley: "Everybody... Look who's awake."
- Hope: "Hello."
- Klaus: "Hello."
- Hope: "Mom, can I go play in the garden?"
- Hayley: "Yeah, sure."